Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    To me it matters more than your opinion or Disney. Do we have an understanding?
    We are already past that understanding, which was never an issue.
    The issue here is your understanding that your personal opinion does not decide what is or isn't canon. This is not my opinion - this is a fact. I don't care if you like canon or not. I don't remember pushing anything onto you but facts. Resistance is futile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Reminder that we saw Ilum, in these films.

Ilum was the planet Starkiller Base was built into. Which blew up. So . . . yeah.
    It was Ilum? It does fit the description but I don't remember it being mentioned in the movie, hm.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Are you actually trying to argue that members of the Empire didn't know that the "government" they worked for blew up an entire planet just as a "show of force" to quell a rebellion?

Are you actually arguing that word wouldn't get around that Stormtroopers were forced to slaughter innocent civilians? People talk.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
    I’m not arguing any thing I’m stating what’s canon. The empire was doing evil things since day one but Pre ANH the galaxy either didn’t know or didn’t care and even post ANH people are in the dark about what the death star did and what storm troopers do daily.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-12-11 at 05:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It was Ilum? It does fit the description but I don't remember it being mentioned in the movie, hm.
    It was shown on starmaps to be in the same place as Ilum in other content, in the films, IIRC.

This became essentially confirmed when the Fallen Order video game came out. You visit Ilum there at one point. Here's what it looks like as you're flying in;

They don't come right out and say it, but it's way too blatant to be accident or coincidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Are you actually trying to argue that members of the Empire didn't know that the "government" they worked for blew up an entire planet just as a "show of force" to quell a rebellion?

Are you actually arguing that word wouldn't get around that Stormtroopers were forced to slaughter innocent civilians? People talk.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
    Youre mixing pre and post Death Star.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And from the perspective of SHIELD agents what they were doing was legit, meanwhile... they were actually working for Hydra. It’s almost like the exact same shit.
    Hydra was a bad example then As I was thinking comic hydra not MCU hydra. No one in comic hydra thinks it’s legit every one knows who runs it every one knows what hydras about, In the MCU it players out differently.

The empire is closer to the MCU hydra where there are normal people working for them and thinking every thing is fine but it’s not like comic hydra where every one knows there an evil nazi organization trying to take over.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a few comic pages to show how some people in the galaxy see the empire either though ignorance or propaganda. There are a ton more but these were off the top of my head.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    Someone mind linking me the leaks? I am having trouble telling which one everyone is talking about.
    OG leaks
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...x_the_rise_of/
    recent update
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...inute_details/

She is an acceptable and enjoyable character, the actress might not be the best, but overall she's fine.
    I dunno man. I quite enjoyed the actor. Rey would be a very memorable and endearing character with Daisy Ridley at the helm and a half decent writer.

I don't mind Rey from TFA, assuming they give us some back story/explaination to fill in the blanks. I would hoping to see some of that in Ep 8, but Rian wasn't having it, so hoping again, that JJ can find a way to squeeze it into 9.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She was working on the Falcon while it was on Jakku. She knows that ship nearly as well as Han and Chewie. Better in its current configuration, really.
    Really? I thought she was a junker that scavenged dead ships? I can't remember her having worked on the Falcon, let alone learning how to fly it. THough perhaps I missed that part the few times I actually watched TFA. Was there a directors/extended version I may have missed?

7+ Year Old Account
    Which means the Empire is more evil than comics Hydra as they fooled innocent people into supporting their reign of terror... if you’re right and people aren’t just supporting them out of fear or apathy to their evil ways. And, please remember, Luke calls out that he knows the Empire is evil in ANH.

So even farm kids on backwater planets knew the Empire was awful. He was still begging to join up and help them perpetuate said evil.
    Of all the possible evils I’d say lying to the people is pretty low on the bar.

Luke also never says that the empire is evil he says he hates it those are not the same thing. tatooine Was an outer rim planet and there was still a lot of hate towards the outer rim people because of the clone wars so they were seen almost like aliens to the people of the core and vise versa.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think he's done teaching, you missed how Obi-Wan and Yoda both kept fucking with Luke as Force Ghosts.

The story with Luke was more about Luke than about teaching Rey anything at all, in that time period.
    I don't think Luke is done with her, but it felt really barebones in TLJ. Like Obi-wan and Yoda still did some Teaching before they bit the bullet. As did Qui-gon. Luke felt like he spent the whole time actively trying not to teach her and it just felt messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    you said I was mad, I explain why I don't care to indulge your nonsense any further.

If you have any thing of substance I'm happy to discus starwars but not one of your post have been based on either the actual movies or universe.
    A bald faced lie, nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was shown on starmaps to be in the same place as Ilum in other content, in the films, IIRC.

This became essentially confirmed when the Fallen Order video game came out. You visit Ilum there at one point. Here's what it looks like as you're flying in;

They don't come right out and say it, but it's way too blatant to be accident or coincidence.
    Good catch!

Ilum is no more
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

We are already past that understanding, which was never an issue.
    The issue here is your understanding that your personal opinion does not decide what is or isn't canon. This is not my opinion - this is a fact. I don't care if you like canon or not. I don't remember pushing anything onto you but facts. Resistance is futile.
    Again, you are free to eat any trash mickey mouse does, I just choose not to. Its a fantasy world, I am in no way obligated to agree with imaginary rules, specially when they are being made by a money grabbing company that only want easy money from milking a once beloved franchise. As as hobby I decide whats good to me and whats not. As for many others, to me anything post Lucas isn't canon, period. Stop crying that I dont want to eat the same crap you are eating. You have been doing that for days now. Just head back to discussing with others how great rey or emo wanna be Vader are and leave me alone, ok? Crying to me to accept mickey mouse is futile.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2019-12-11 at 01:11 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

there's some lore in the latest leak that interests me heavily, because it could canonize a lot of stuff from the old republic and specifically swtor.

can we talk about the leak or not? don't want some sperg being a dickhead over it. but this lore could actually be really fucking cool if it's real and i'm kinda bursting at the seams.

7+ Year Old Account
    They committed multiple genocide and enslaved entire species... I’d say their lies are the tip of the iceberg. But you know that as I’ve called it out multiple times and you keep claiming they were legitimate because some innocent people didn’t fly on star destroyers and death stars...
    They are legitimate there is a reason why the galaxy had empire credits or empire brand fuel, if you wanted a job in the government you went to the empire if you wanted large scale help with pirates you want to the empire. Just because they are the legitimate government doesn’t make them a good one you should obey.

The Nazis in Ww2 were also the legitimate government but they were still real dick bags.
    - - - Updated - - -

I forgot to add one thing, Lucas himself told us they were evil before we saw a single character. Read the opening crawl.
    The opening crawl also says in a galaxy far far away along time ago, it has no relevant to the actual people of Starwars or how they view the galaxy.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-12-11 at 02:07 PM.

Teaching someone to control and understand their anger is far more effective at helping them deal with it than telling them to just cram that anger deep down and ignore it, where it can rot and fester unseen.
    Controlling anger is "Sith force magic" though. If you can control your anger, then you can use it to be more powerful in the force than any Jedi.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's some lore in the latest leak that interests me heavily, because it could canonize a lot of stuff from the old republic and specifically swtor.

can we talk about the leak or not? don't want some sperg being a dickhead over it. but this lore could actually be really fucking cool if it's real and i'm kinda bursting at the seams.
    Putting it in a spoiler tag should be fine, shouldn't it? That is at least how every other thread is handled here.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right. Because the opening crawl is being told to us by an omniscient narrator. The Empire is evil, get over it.
    And said narrator has no impact on the normal people of the galaxy that make up rolls in the empire and see it in a different light either though ignorance or propaganda.

Them being evil when you have the full picture is Irrelevant to the every man who doesn’t have an omniscient narrator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Controlling anger is "Sith force magic" though. If you can control your anger, then you can use it to be more powerful in the force than any Jedi.
    The Jedi Chosen ones tend to out pace the sith power wise; controlling your anger can help you but that can only take you so far and when your cap is smaller then a Jedi’s even getting to the cap won’t help much.

7+ Year Old Account
    And the mistaken perceptions of some common folk has no bearing on the morality of the organization. You're basically saying because JoeBob doesn't know the Empire is evil it can't be evil. Which is a lot like saying that because there are people who believe the Earth is flat it's flat...
    Actually no I’m saying that the whole of the empire wasnt evil not every one who was part of the empire knew that it was evil and only joined up to be evil that your whole “every one who wasn’t evil rebelled or was killed” is nonsense.

For some reason you have shoved a stick up your ass that makes you think me saying there not like hydra means there good and wholesome and just give to puppy’s and orphans when in reality I’ve clarified multiple times that they can still be evil but not be like hydra where every one in the group knows there evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    There were a ton of people in Hydra who believed they were the good guys and not evil. Try again.
    We went over this already im not taking about the MCU hydra.