Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I'm confused, are you saying the director of a movie has a free pass to be inflammatory and unprofessional because none professional people act like asshats some times?
    No, I'm saying people shouldn't act shocked when thousands upon thousands of comments are toxic and one dude who happens to be involved with the film also says something a bit toxic.

2019 is the most toxic it's ever been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Gaslighting at its finest. SOME people shitting on things are racist/sexist/toxic. The majority aren't. Those terms are just easy buzz words to throw around to deflect criticism.
    lol dude, you must not read the comment sections on youtube/twitter etc. It's extremely toxic. Where's the platform where the majority of criticism is non-toxic? Show me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I mean yeah, those comments are unnecessary. But at the same time, you gotta acknowledge that *many* of the people shitting on stuff these days are indeed sexist/racist/toxic.

This is the most toxic I've ever seen criticism of media.
    "Many".

Okay. As long as you admit "Many" of the people saying the word sexist are butthurt people don't like the movie they are emotionally invested in.

With love, a guy who likes the prequels but can actually admit they are not high quality movies.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amkedeb View Post
    "Many".

Okay. As long as you admit "Many" of the people saying the word sexist are butthurt people don't like the movie they are emotionally invested in.

With love, a guy who likes the prequels but can actually admit they are not high quality movies.
    All of those people who called Rey a "Mary Sue" are sexist because they don't apply the same standard to all of the male characters. They ignore it when every single other guy in Star Wars and other movies is ultra powerful after little to no training. The truth is, the Force works in mysterious ways and some people are just naturally talented. I mean fuck, remember when Luke fired that laser manually? And yet we don't see that example brought up ever. People just accept that Luke is a god.

All of those people who called Rey a "Mary Sue" are sexist because they don't apply the same standard to all of the male characters. They ignore it when every single other guy in Star Wars and other movies is ultra powerful after little to no training.
    And there we go. Another toxic TLJ fanboy spotted.

7+ Year Old Account
    And there we go. Another toxic TLJ fanboy spotted.
    I don't like TLJ. Try harder.

I don't like TLJ. Try harder.
    That's a funny joke from someone using sexist unironically about Rey being criticized in any fashion.

No, I'm saying people shouldn't act shocked when thousands upon thousands of comments are toxic and one dude who happens to be involved with the film also says something a bit toxic.

2019 is the most toxic it's ever been.
    The fact that you are using some peoples shitty behavior to justify Rian Johnson acting in an unprofessional manner is mind boggling. The level of expectation for behavior for someone representing a major company in a public manner is (and should be) higher then just some random person on the internet. Especially when his shitty behavior wasn't even directed at people being toxic.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a funny joke from someone using sexist unironically about Rey being criticized in any fashion.
    So because I pointed out how someone is being sexist, that means I must like TLJ? Ok, you're a perfect example of some random toxic dude on the internet. Like seriously, look at your logic. Also, you didn't refute my point about Luke magically being ultra powerful. You guys never cried over Luke magically having powers, but you do with Rey.

So because I pointed out how someone is being sexist, that means I must like TLJ? Ok, you're a perfect example of some random toxic dude on the internet. Like seriously, look at your logic. Also, you didn't refute my point about Luke magically being ultra powerful. You guys never cried over Luke magically having powers, but you do with Rey.
    Isn't weird that TLJ fanboys can't defend their own movie. They can only attack the last ones.

So, which overpowered magic did he use? The one where it took til the second movie to actually do anything force related? Where he needed actual training to pull off something as complicated as lifting a small ship?

15+ Year Old Account
    You guys never cried over Luke magically having powers, but you do with Rey.
    Magically? He trained for extensive periods of time and the movies also had long time skips.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't weird that TLJ fanboys can't defend their own movie. They can only attack the last ones.

So, which overpowered magic did he use? The one where it took til the second movie to actually do anything force related? Where he needed actual training to pull off something as complicated as lifting a small ship?
    I'm just gonna block you since you keep spamming that I love TLJ after I've told you I don't. What's the point in a discussion if you're just going to keep blatantly lying?

I'm just gonna block you since you keep spamming that I love TLJ after I've told you I don't. What's the point in a discussion if you're just going to keep blatantly lying?
    Looking foolish because you think Luke is overpowered with no actual evidence.

Also, irony in just calling me toxic. Thank you for proving my earlier point.

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I saw the movie a few hours ago and that's a pretty good summary of how it felt. But it's not as bad as most people think it is or will be.
    I dont think the movie will be awful, but I think the comparisons to Phantom and Clones is fair. Those movies aren't awful, there are just distracting choices. I think the real test is did it feel like a Starwars movie? I definitely thought TFA did, but TLJ feels like a random scifi movie, Phantom and Clones are very much Starwars movies. So how did ep 9 feel?

lol what the fuck ever.

Nearly every comment about Star Wars on the internet is inflammatory and unprofessional, if there's any real problem, that's the one. Not one particular guy.
    Unless they hit a home run like mandalorian...

That's what they should be striving for. It's only vitriolic when it's not gold. If it's not gold, I'm generally someone that will be disappointed as well. I have high hopes for things I conceptually love. Like wow. I love the concept of wow and I see what it could be, but man does blizz piss me off 99% of the time and miss the mark. Until my imagination's expectations get met, I won't be satisfied. Same goes for starwars.

And before you waah "That's impossirbruuuuUU!" It's not. They've done it two times in recent memory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Unless they hit a home run like mandalorian...

That's what they should be striving for. It's only vitriolic when it's not gold. If it's not gold, I'm generally someone that will be disappointed as well. I have high hopes for things I conceptually love. Like wow. I love the concept of wow and I see what it could be, but man does blizz piss me off 99% of the time and miss the mark. Until my imagination's expectations get met, I won't be satisfied. Same goes for starwars.

And before you waah "That's impossirbruuuuUU!" It's not. They've done it two times in recent memory.
    They should just hire the writers from Fallen Order. That game was fantastic and nailed the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I dont think the movie will be awful, but I think the comparisons to Phantom and Clones is fair. Those movies aren't awful, there are just distracting choices. I think the real test is did it feel like a Starwars movie? I definitely thought TFA did, but TLJ feels like a random scifi movie, Phantom and Clones are very much Starwars movies. So how did ep 9 feel?
    Difference is that this is the movie that supposedly ends the entire saga. While phatom mennace and attack of the clones are not great movies, they are not the final saga movies and therefore get it easier. This one had much bigger shoes to fill and failed spectacularly at it.

This thread needs some levity. Let's play a game. Come up with a plot WORSE than Rise of Skywalker.

RETURN OF THE SITH
    Darth Plagueis creates a Force Ghost converter machine that converts Jedi force ghosts into living Dark Jedi (think Ghostbusters in Space.)
    Yoda, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi all return as Dark Jedi.
    Dark Yoda is red, not green.
    Anakin tells Kylo Ren he's just a simile. Enraged, Kylo Ren turns back to Ben Solo and battles Anakin.
    Mace Windu and Dark Yoda confront Lando Calrissian and the Resistance.
    Chewbacca tries to reason with dark Yoda. "MRGGRRLLL!!!" Dark Yoda cannot be reasoned with, and force pulls a moon on top of Chewbacca, crushing him.
    Mace Windu is about to kill Lando when The Mandalorian cuts off his head, and throws him out a window. Mando says "that was for Jango."
    Dark Obi-Wan battles Rey while Anakin battles Ben.
    At one point, they switch adversaries, and Rey battles Anakin and Ben battles Ben in a battle of Bens.
    Plagueis says his Force Ghost Converter Machine will soon be re-programmed into a Sith Lord Resurrection Machine so he can bring back Darth Bane and other notable Sith Lord legends.
    Rey defeats Dark Obi-Wan, while Ben defeats Anakin after cutting off his right hand (or left?)
    Plagueis entices Ben to kill off Anakin and return to The Dark Side.
    Rey pleads with Ben not to. Ben throws aside his light saber and says Plagueis has lost, he is a Jedi, like his grandfather before him.
    Plagueis begins to Force Lightning Rey and Ben.
    Anakin, conflicted, snaps back to The Light Side, picks up Plagueis and chucks him into The Sith Lord Resurrection Machine just as it was resurrecting Darth Bane--who is halfway resurrected and a pair of legs.
    Plagueis explodes, and Anakin dies in Ben and Rey's arms.
    Rey takes the Skywalker name before marrying Ben, and then takes the Solo name.
    The final shot is Rey and Ben holding their son, Anakin Yoda Ben Jr. Skywalker Solo. In a future movie, he will say "I AM ALL THE JEDI!"

An after credits scene says Star Wars will return in 2023 with Kevin Feige at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Magically? He trained for extensive periods of time and the movies also had long time skips.
    He will have no answer. There is no such thing as context. Luke could use the force (after a movie and change. And required someone to train him to do anything bigger than barely manage to get his lightsaber out of the snow), so Rey should be able to do complicated things because she heard the force existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The only magical thing is that he ll never reply to what you said because he has no argument. Its just cool these days to be a white guy hating your own gender and race and calling other people sexist and racist.
    First time luke touched a light saber he looked like a complete moron trying to light it up even though he had a person explain it to him and his first training sessions were a mess being able to use the force in a very basic way (untill he got to lifting the ship after initially failing).
    First time rey used the force she mind tricked a stormtrooper and first time she used a lightsaber she beat a wounded well trained dark side user.
    People dont care about Rey being a woman. Daisy is a fine actor. People care that the character is written like shit.
    Last edited by Delever; 2019-12-18 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This thread needs some levity. Let's play a game. Come up with a plot WORSE than Rise of Skywalker.

RETURN OF THE SITH
    Darth Plagueis creates a Force Ghost converter machine that converts Jedi force ghosts into living Dark Jedi (think Ghostbusters in Space.)
    Yoda, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi all return as Dark Jedi.
    Dark Yoda is red, not green.
    Anakin tells Kylo Ren he's just a simile. Enraged, Kylo Ren turns back to Ben Solo and battles Anakin.
    Mace Windu and Dark Yoda confront Lando Calrissian and the Resistance.
    Chewbacca tries to reason with dark Yoda. "MRGGRRLLL!!!" Dark Yoda cannot be reasoned with, and force pulls a moon on top of Chewbacca, crushing him.
    Mace Windu is about to kill Lando when The Mandalorian cuts off his head, and throws him out a window. Mando says "that was for Jango."
    Dark Obi-Wan battles Rey while Anakin battles Ben.
    At one point, they switch adversaries, and Rey battles Anakin and Ben battles Ben in a battle of Bens.
    Plagueis says his Force Ghost Converter Machine will soon be re-programmed into a Sith Lord Resurrection Machine so he can bring back Darth Bane and other notable Sith Lord legends.
    Rey defeats Dark Obi-Wan, while Ben defeats Anakin after cutting off his right hand (or left?)
    Plagueis entices Ben to kill off Anakin and return to The Dark Side.
    Rey pleads with Ben not to. Ben throws aside his light saber and says Plagueis has lost, he is a Jedi, like his grandfather before him.
    Plagueis begins to Force Lightning Rey and Ben.
    Anakin, conflicted, snaps back to The Light Side, picks up Plagueis and chucks him into The Sith Lord Resurrection Machine just as it was resurrecting Darth Bane--who is halfway resurrected and a pair of legs.
    Plagueis explodes, and Anakin dies in Ben and Rey's arms.
    Rey takes the Skywalker name before marrying Ben, and then takes the Solo name.
    The final shot is Rey and Ben holding their son, Anakin Yoda Ben Jr. Skywalker Solo. In a future movie, he will say "I AM ALL THE JEDI!"

An after credits scene says Star Wars will return in 2023 with Kevin Feige at the helm.

No Baby Yoda vs evil Baby Yoda fight where they force throw toys at each other. 0/10

And don't forget the explosion puts Bane's legs in an unseen Bacta tank to keep them fresh until his robot top half is finished.
    Last edited by amkedeb; 2019-12-18 at 05:16 PM.