Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by amkedeb View Post
    No Baby Yoda vs evil Baby Yoda fight where they force throw toys at each other. 0/10
    Left that out. Baby Yoda melts Dark Yoda's dark icy heart with a cool island song and puppy dog eyes.

Or is that a warm island song?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    The only magical thing is that he ll never reply to what you said because he has no argument. Its just cool these days to be a white guy hating your own gender and race and calling other people sexist and racist.
    First time luke touched a light saber he looked like a complete moron trying to light it up even though he had a person explain it to him and his first training sessions were a mess being able to use the force in a very basic way (untill he got to lifting the ship after initially failing).
    First time rey used the force she mind tricked a stormtrooper and first time she used a lightsaber she beat a wounded well trained dark side user.
    People dont care about Rey being a woman. Daisy is a fine actor. People care that the character is written like shit.
    You guys are really sad. Like, it's hard to read this shit.

I said one thing about Rey and now you're saying that I hate my own gender and race.

Think about that. Seriously. This is pathetic. Do you hang out on 4chan all day?

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

I said one thing about Rey and now you're saying that I hate my own gender and race.

Think about that. Seriously. This is pathetic.
    You threw out sexist in seconds as a counter argument to film criticism.

Think about that. Seriously.

Think about that. Seriously. This is pathetic. Do you hang out on 4chan all day?
    You didnt say one thing about Rey. You generalized and said that everyone who says shes a Mary Sue is sexist. Similarly to the type of people I m talking about.
    Then you said people ignored that Luke is a Mary Sue and when people argue about it you dont even have anything to argue with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Left that out. Baby Yoda melts Dark Yoda's dark icy heart with a cool island song and puppy dog eyes.

Or is that a warm island song?
    No no. You chill his hot heart with a cool island song.

Also, edit for Bane's legs.

7+ Year Old Account
    You didnt say one thing about Rey. You generalized and said that everyone who says shes a Mary Sue is sexist. Similarly to the type of people I m talking about.
    Then you said people ignored that Luke is a Mary Sue and when people argue about it you dont even have anything to argue with.
    Show me where I said I hate my gender and race.

The way you're stereotyping would be like me just calling you a skinhead who watches Sargon and listens to Richard Spencer. Or is that pretty accurate?

Show me where I said I hate my gender and race.

The way you're stereotyping would be like me just calling you a skinhead who watches Sargon and listens to Richard Spencer.
    Show us how Luke is overpowered since you made the argument.

And you do. Hence why you went straight to calling people sexist and toxic.

All of those people who called Rey a "Mary Sue" are sexist because they don't apply the same standard to all of the male characters. They ignore it when every single other guy in Star Wars and other movies is ultra powerful after little to no training. The truth is, the Force works in mysterious ways and some people are just naturally talented.
    I always love reading this argument because the people using it are being completely disingenuous and are really just trying to deflect criticism off of female characters. They ignore that Anakin being the chosen one gives his character a little bit of leeway on being OP, not to mention he is an emotionally unstable mass murderer. They ignore that Luke is carried through his entire first movie until the last moment where he finally get a chance to shine. His over confidence constantly got him in trobule requiring other characters to step in and save him. On top of that it plays off the assumption that no one has ever called the male characters on being "mary sues". I wasn't around for ANH when it came out so I can't comment on Luke but when TPM came out me and my friends all talked about how ridiculous it was that Anakin was able to do half the stuff he did in that movie.

I mean fuck, remember when Luke fired that laser manually? And yet we don't see that example brought up ever. People just accept that Luke is a god.
    Are you talking when he blew up the Death Star? If you are there is a reason people accept it, because the movie set everything up to make it happen and not make it seem ridiculous over the top. From his back story giving him the required experience to Obi-Wan giving him the little bit of training he required to push him over the edge. The film also showed us a none force sensitive character almost making the same shot to show it wasn't a completely over the top achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    That just means that the movie is good. Lots of movies that got mediocre scores by critics that were actually good. Godzilla 2, Rambo 5, Venom and Joker come to mind.

Great! Looking forward to tonight even more!
    I was told this kind of belief didn't really exist on MMO-C. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Just watched an hour long spoiler review of the movie and it doesn't sound super good - but decent enough, not TLJ kind of failure.

I won't be able to see the movie for at least 3 weeks so I just decided to check the spoilers, can't be arsed to try to avoid spoilers for that long, it wouldn't be possible anyway.
    Ah, even more interesting, a vocal critic of TLJ is warming up to the idea of this movie.

From every negative review I've read, they're basically lamenting the lack of vision, the overly safe choices, and the nostalgia/fan service plays that this movie makes. Maybe these are all critics who critically acclaimed TLJ, and wanted to see more of that. I'm super interested now to see how this movie plays with the general public, including those who hated TLJ.

I've read some of the spoilers too, and at this point, I'm a little de-hyped. I'm on the record saying if they didn't finish the thematic turn of Rey evil, at least temporarily, or if they redeem Kylo, it'd be a 'nah' from me, and it looks like both those things happened.

So I just have one thing to ask...

What has been more dissapointing, Game of Thrones season 8 or this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post

Actually he didn't. He wanted it to be about the Whills. He was going to delve into Whill lore. The midichlorians are a small part of that lore to the extent that the midichlorians allow people to tap into the Whills power (which is the Force). From what I understand, the Whills were basically gods that tried to do good acts. One of them "fell" and became a fallen Whill and that particular one generated the Dark Side of the Force.
    Oh, so a derivative, Biblical story of a fallen angel?

Difference is that this is the movie that supposedly ends the entire saga. While phatom mennace and attack of the clones are not great movies, they are not the final saga movies and therefore get it easier. This one had much bigger shoes to fill and failed spectacularly at it.
    The Saga ended in back in 1983. This has all just been some poor shitty fanfic epilogue.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I was told this kind of belief didn't really exist on MMO-C. Interesting.

Ah, even more interesting, a vocal critic of TLJ is warming up to the idea of this movie.

From every negative review I've read, they're basically lamenting the lack of vision, the overly safe choices, and the nostalgia/fan service plays that this movie makes. Maybe these are all critics who critically acclaimed TLJ, and wanted to see more of that. I'm super interested now to see how this movie plays with the general public, including those who hated TLJ.

I've read some of the spoilers too, and at this point, I'm a little de-hyped. I'm on the record saying if they didn't finish the thematic turn of Rey evil, at least temporarily, or if they redeem Kylo, it'd be a 'nah' from me, and it looks like both those things happened.
    You actually thought she was going dark side for any amount of time and it wasn't a vision so they could put in in the trailer? That's amazing.

And of course they tried to redeem mass murderer Kylo. It's another beat from the OT. Only more confusing because Rey has zero reason to believe he can be saved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The Saga ended in back in 1983. This has all just been some poor shitty fanfic epilogue.
    Don't say that. That's Sexist.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh, so a derivative, Biblical story of a fallen angel?
    Sounds more interesting than "Palpatine is back because!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    But he is, through Palpatine, because "I AM ALL THE SITH!"

This movie neither a train wreck or a dumpster fire: it's a train full of dumpsters that wrecked and caught on fire, next to a waste treatment facility that is now also burning.
    I mean, what does "I am all the sith" even mean... its such an empty phrase.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

No way this movie is THAT bad lol

10+ Year Old Account

I am going to say GoT because I thoroughly enjoyed the early seasons and actually had high expectations for where the series would end up.

Conversely I had zero expectations this trilogy would be good after The Farce Awakens and even less after The Last Shiti.

Technically GoT because it had a longer build up to disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    No way this movie is THAT bad lol
    It is.. it really is

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I always love reading this argument because the people using it are being completely disingenuous and are really just trying to deflect criticism off of female characters. They ignore that Anakin being the chosen one gives his character a little bit of leeway on being OP, not to mention he is an emotionally unstable mass murderer. They ignore that Luke is carried through his entire first movie until the last moment where he finally get a chance to shine. His over confidence constantly got him in trobule requiring other characters to step in and save him. On top of that it plays off the assumption that no one has ever called the male characters on being "mary sues". I wasn't around for ANH when it came out so I can't comment on Luke but when TPM came out me and my friends all talked about how ridiculous it was that Anakin was able to do half the stuff he did in that movie.
    in addition Anakin lost in his first fight with Dooku, Luke lost against Vader. Both serve to establish our 'hero' still has things to learn.
    Rey simply doesn't lose.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death