Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    You guys are really sad. Like, it's hard to read this shit.

I said one thing about Rey and now you're saying that I hate my own gender and race.

Think about that. Seriously. This is pathetic. Do you hang out on 4chan all day?
    Lmao. Dude. She's a Mary Sue.

So is Luke Skywalker. Any of this "sensitive to the force" shit is terrible writing no matter what it's applied to. To have someone magically stronger than everyone else is just dumb and lazy writing.

This shit from Disney though is even more so. Rey kicked the shit out of Kylo without any training, whereas Luke Skywalker went through extensive training before he ever fought a Sith. And still got his ass kicked.

Get off your high horse. Quit hating your skin colour and being some soylent apology machine. It's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So I just have one thing to ask...

What has been more dissapointing, Game of Thrones season 8 or this movie?
    GoT started great and ending shit is a bigger disappointment then the 3e SW trilogy because it started bad and ends shit. There was a lot less expectations for SW after TFA.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post

So is Luke Skywalker. Any of this "sensitive to the force" shit is terrible writing no matter what it's applied to. To have someone magically stronger than everyone else is just dumb and lazy writing.

This shit from Disney though is even more so. Rey kicked the shit out of Kylo without any training, whereas Luke Skywalker went through extensive training before he ever fought a Sith. And still got his ass kicked.

Get off your high horse. Quit hating your skin colour and being some soylent apology machine. It's just sad.
    Thanks for at least acknowledging Luke.

But man, it's pretty sad seeing multiple people suggest that I hate my race etc. what a bunch of fucking morons

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.

All of those people who called Rey a "Mary Sue" are sexist because they don't apply the same standard to all of the male characters.
    We do apply the same standard on male characters.

Just have anakin skywalker and Luke compaired toward Rey.
    Both of them were weak in combat at the start, they did not had the ability to use the force from the start.
    They both lost battles and arms,hands. So dont give us that shit that she is not a mary sue.

I'm confused... do you think Luke is a Mary Sue or not?

The bold is what makes him not a Mary Sue

Show me where I said I hate my gender and race.

The way you're stereotyping would be like me just calling you a skinhead who watches Sargon and listens to Richard Spencer. Or is that pretty accurate?
    So now that you took issue with my generalization and I achieved what I wanted to make you at least partly see why your generalization was shit lets get back on the main subject. Can you stop cherry picking and actually answer anyones concerns with your initial argument?

Quote Originally Posted by amkedeb View Post
    You actually thought she was going dark side for any amount of time and it wasn't a vision so they could put in in the trailer? That's amazing.

And of course they tried to redeem mass murderer Kylo. It's another beat from the OT. Only more confusing because Rey has zero reason to believe he can be saved.
    No, if you go back in the TLJ thread, going back two years, you would see I said it's the only logical narrative for Rey for TLJ to be worth it as the "setup." Long before any trailer came out.

Thanks for at least acknowledging Luke.

But man, it's pretty sad seeing multiple people suggest that I hate my race etc. what a bunch of fucking morons
    I don't think you hate your race. You are just white knighting the hell out of this argument. All while avoiding actually making a point and responding to people who can't actually argue with.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-12-18 at 05:45 PM.

Just got back from seeing it.

Is it a bad movie? Hell no, but it plays it safe, which I think is what most of the complainers are complaining about. Lots of "remember this?!?".
    Personally, I don't mind that. For me, Star Wars has always been anime in Space, so as long as I get my epic space battles and lightsaber battles I'm good, I don't need bloody Star Wars to answer to the philosophical questions about life. I just want lasers shooting and swords swinging with space magic in the mix.

Solid 8/10 imo. It's around the 4th or 3rd best movie imo, after Revenge of the Sith and Empire Strikes Back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rip to ur inbox

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Aww...italian dubbed star wars, horrible.
    It should be in Latin.

One can feel the shadow of the Roman Empire in such a speech, chilling and awesome

Reviewers i trust like Jeremy Johns and Tyrone Magnus think it is a mess so i rather not see it.
    Can it get any worse then TLJ? i cant see on what way that is possible unless they go fully comedy and just make a spaceball movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Reviewers i trust like Jeremy Johns and Tyrone Magnus think it is a mess so i rather not see it.
    Can it get any worse then TLJ? i cant see on what way that is possible unless they go fully comedy and just make a spaceball movie.
    I mean if you really wonder how then you could just read the spoilers.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-12-18 at 06:11 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Haven't seen Magnus one yet, here it is

For those who don't know who randy watson is he refers to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzANAr1V82c
    oh lordy https://robinplacefabrics.com/wp-con...80-500x500.png

Can't find a torrent... I wonder if I should buy a ticket for another movie n then go into the star wars one instead (have to check before-hand what seats are left when movie starts so I'm not told to move..in this way, I could see movie, pay ticket price but it wont go to kathleen kennedy, don't take anyones bought seat, no harm done, eh?

What I'm looking most forward to is The Amazing Lucas rant, his on TLJ was legendary
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9C7Grxk4bU
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-12-18 at 10:12 PM.

There were individual things I liked with the movie, but overall it's just a mess.

To be fair, with the leaked old script of Leia having a massive role, this movie(knowing J.J) would never have satisfied me anyway.

+ Young Leia + Luke training.
    + Leia as a master fits her perfectly.
    + Rey losing to Kylo.
    + Emperor going apeshit with the lightning instead of sitting around losing. Ian is great as this character.

- Rey "Palpatine" is such a stretch it's borderline unbelievable. They really wanted this at any cost. And yes, Rey "Skywalker" is even worse.
    - Force Heal is such bullshit here. Introduces so many potholes in previous films.
    - Force Skype going at it again. Wish they'd have forgotten about this entirely, instead they even fight with it.
    - Rey being resurrected. She should've just stayed dead.
    - No explanation of how Palpatine resurrected.
    - Rey reflecting Lightning Mace Windu Vaapad-style should simply not have been a thing. She is way too novice for this.

Last edited by Majestic12; 2019-12-18 at 06:25 PM.

Stop discussing forbidden or off topic subjects. And do not post any pirated videos.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Stop discussing forbidden or off topic subjects. And do not post any pirated videos.
    I thought we always were allowed to post spoiler videos?.. What's difference between that n posting spoilers in text?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I'm confused... do you think Luke is a Mary Sue or not?

The bold is what makes him not a Mary Sue
    He's still "sensitive to the force". Just makes bad writing. He'd have been much better off if it was his sheer will alone that got himself to where he was. Not "being destined" or any of that stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So I just have one thing to ask...

What has been more dissapointing, Game of Thrones season 8 or this movie?
    GoT, because with GoT they still had a chance to make season 8 decent, this movie was always doomed.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-12-18 at 06:51 PM.

He's still "sensitive to the force". Just makes bad writing. He'd have been much better off if it was his sheer will alone that got himself to where he was. Not "being destined" or any of that stupid shit.
    I mean, him being force sensitive is just like being born tall, or fast or coordinated. Sure those attributes contributed to that person's success but it still takes time and effort to "make it". Having a gift doesnt make a character a mary sue, that comes purely down to writing.