Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Now, granted I haven't watched the prequels in nearly 20 years, but I don't remember this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    That's because it didn't happen. Perhaps the person is making some kind of deeply technical nitpicky point, but in no actual sense was this kind of force projection used.
    When Obi was watching the platform he used a force projection of himself to make it seem as if he left in the Jedi Starfighter.

Seems you should both rewatch and try not to correct people.
    Last edited by Axxil; 2019-12-21 at 11:24 PM.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think that it's bad that my favorite part of the movie was when Palpatine said: "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
    He said that in Revenge of the Sith, and I heard that's his only explanation to being alive in Episode IX. I wish they had at least made him a clone and just said Palpatine possessed it, at least Vader's sacrifice wouldn't be meaningless, but whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    He said that in Revenge of the Sith, and I heard that's his only explanation to being alive in Episode IX. I wish they had at least made him a clone and just said Palpatine possessed it, at least Vader's sacrifice wouldn't be meaningless, but whatever.
    Well, one of his apprentices survived being cut in half by simply being too angry to die.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, one of his apprentices survived being cut in half by simply being too angry to die.
    Makes Dooku look extra weak now that all the movie Sith cheated death EXCEPT him. Sort of reaffirms that Sidious wasn't too fond of Dooku.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Makes Dooku look extra weak now that all the movie Sith cheated death EXCEPT him. Sort of reaffirms that Sidious wasn't too fond of Dooku.
    Atleast Dooku had the brains to stop his lightning spell when somebody used a lightsaber :P

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least George Lucas can be happy that the Anakin prequel trilogy is still the second best Star Wars trilogy but no longer the worst ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Makes Dooku look extra weak now that all the movie Sith cheated death EXCEPT him.
    In fairness, while he was an experienced Jedi master he had only just become a Sith (Palpatine turned him after the loss of Maul) so probably hadn't had time to learn/master it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This movie should've never happened in general.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I think that it's bad that my favorite part of the movie was when Palpatine said: "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
    As much as the line made sense it was also quite telling.
    JJ Arams or whoever wrote the story clearly did not have any grand plan for how his return was supposed to make sense, and instead chose him because he was the big bad of both the Original series and the Prequels. And if there is something the sequels cannot get enough of, it is cramming in as much nostalgia pandering as possible.

And while the line itself is good, and from one of the best scenes in the prequels, it still kinda gives the impression that the writers got their Palpatine knowledge from /r Prequelmemes, going by the complete lack of anything else from the prequels that would have made sense. Like having the Holocron on Naboo.

- - - Updated - - -

This movie should've never happened in general.
    Better we have it sowe can put this trilogy behind us.

On the whole though. Absolutely not, at best we could have had TFA as a standalone tribute to A New Hope.
    As a whole the trilogy is completely meaningless, nothing of note is achieved, and no morals or grand vision was shown beyond the usual regarding Disney's immense love for buckets of cash.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you already know that the Ghost can be seen in the final battle, apparently the Razor Crest can be seen as well.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The film never had a fair chance because of how shit The Last Jedi was. The film felt like it was one third damage control, one third fan service nostalgia and one third nu-star wars bullshit like they never learned their lesson.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    Disney made me so happy with the complete and utter destruction and deconstruction of the OT characters, their lives and their deeds and their miserable accomplishments. YOU (and the rest of the vocal minority that screamed at the Prequels) deserve this 100%. Enjoy your deadbeat Han Solo, your utter failure of a Jedi "Master" (lol) Luke Skywalker and your complete and utter trash Leia who not only managed to fail at being a Jedi but failed at being a politician as well. Enjoy the new Lando, where the only thing that he has going for him is the choices he makes on where to stick his little weenie. Enjoy watching Chewbacca be turned into a literall walking carpet. Enjoy C3P0 having a grand total of 4 (?) lines in two movies and R2-D2 hide under a blanket. Enjoy it everyone. I do, as i enjoy watching the scores of 60 year old haters who grew up with the OT cry in terror as their hopes and dreams for their beloved characters are being destroyed before their miserable eyes. THANK YOU DISNEY.
    P.S. Hayden is awesome. (And Hot).
    PPPS. If i sound bitter it's because i am!
    With love from a Prequel fangirl

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    LOL by Felicia .

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    When Obi was watching the platform he used a force projection of himself to make it seem as if he left in the Jedi Starfighter.

Seems you should both rewatch and try not to correct people.
    Ah, it was Revenge, not Attack. Here is the moment you're describing:

https://youtu.be/b1Av4UcNveQ

It's not at all clear that that was a projection, the more likely explanation is that the Droid pilots the ship. Note that this Force power was only "discovered" in hindsight.

So many butt hurt idiots in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Ah, it was Revenge, not Attack. Here is the moment you're describing:

https://youtu.be/b1Av4UcNveQ

It's not at all clear that that was a projection, the more likely explanation is that the Droid pilots the ship. Note that this Force power was only "discovered" in hindsight.
    Yeah...I always chopped that up to the droid. Could've sworn there was something, at least at the time, that back up that idea.

Some of you already know that the Ghost can be seen in the final battle, apparently the Razor Crest can be seen as well.
    Saw the photo of the ghost, though in hindsight it just raises further questions of why they seemingly were not part of the resistanec before, did not answer the previous call to arms but inexplicably accepted this one. Though to be fair that last one could be a blanket complaint for all of them.

Generally though that scene of all teh random ships showing up in a way felt like the biggest slap in the face to me.
    Here was the opportunity for JJ Abrams or at least the visual effects department to show their unbridles love and passion for Star Wars.

Have the Ghost show and announce their presence. Show a contingent of Mandalorian soldiers. Have a platoon of clone soldiers show up in a Clone Wars era starship in original coloration, or even more ballsy the lost Separatist droid platoon shown in Rebels.
    I would have taken a surprise appearance by Chewbacca's family from the Holiday special, anything to show the people who made the movie at least attempted to make it from a place of love and passion. At least passion for things outside their wallets.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, i suppose i should be fair and say that at least the cameos of Jedi talking to Rey was a nice callback, even if each voice is given barely enough time to register before another takes it place. I feel confident the only one i would have noticed outside Luke would have been Samuel L. Jackson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Have the Ghost show and announce their presence. Show a contingent of Mandalorian soldiers. Have a platoon of clone soldiers show up in a Clone Wars era starship in original coloration, or even more ballsy the lost Separatist droid platoon shown in Rebels.
    I would have taken a surprise appearance by Chewbacca's family from the Holiday special, anything to show the people who made the movie at least attempted to make it from a place of love and passion. At least passion for things outside their wallets.
    JJ missed a ton opportunities. Might be one of the one things George was good at when he was at the helm because he wouldn't have missed opportunities to cram in easter eggs and callbacks. Its going to take me a while to get over Anakin's ghost not appearing.

This was JJs chance to do a and Endgame like montage. He blew it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last Jedi is a well made Film. Rise of Palpatine on the other hand is a mess. A lot of things did not make sense in the Last Jedi but The Rise of Palpatine throws logic completely out the window.

Right now i would rate the Film a 5 out of 10 because half of the scenes were somewhat enjoyable.

The salt in SW threads is always so real.

Has any movie besides a New Hope been loved upon release?

Empire was hated, Jedi was hated, prequels all hated unless they were new to you, and this trilogy hated.

Personally, it is a Star Wars movie so retcon, asspulls, and creating as many things that can make money as possible in a film is the premise of a SW film. Is it the worst, no. Is it the best, no. I put it somewhere in the middle for me. If people really can't see that Star Wars isn't a serious franchise and mostly a labor of cash cowing, then you are deluding yourself. A New Hope was the passion project everything from there was the ultimate in money making.

Its a really fun world, but if anyone expected the story telling to excel you were deluding yourself. Its a sci-fi world where a magic force that is just innate in people and gets better by essentially mediating (no learning, just listen to your feelings and control you emotions. The teachings are all the same with different words basic zen BS or the Sith rage/hate/anger BS. Focus and get more powerful) and you can do super power shit and where the science behind the space stuff is some of the worst.

I'll always love SW, but some of you should realize its at best young teen level drama or mostly for kids. The older you are the more full of holes the story becomes. And honestly, people love the version they saw when they were kids/young adults the most. They stick by it despite every single flaw it has. I'm sure there are going to be kids that love this trilogy and look back and defend it as the best and ok boomer away the other two.

SW has had some of the most random asspull lore through its entire history even the EU, but its supposed to be fun and ridiculous and you aren't supposed to question every single turn of face. This was not born of some deep scifi love to build a wonderful Tolkien-esq world. Look at all of Lucas's work, none of it has depth, NONE OF IT. It was a Film school brat making low budget scifi and it blew the fuck up.

Think of it like WoW....its too big a brand to give a fuck about keeping the lore nerds totally happy. That should be the TLDR; of Star Wars. Either have fun with it, or leave it. But to be grown ass folks and be butt hurt about a kids/teens series is pretty hilarious and I love this Franchise.

Like for real yall didn't see all this stupid shit coming? You thought this was gonna be some film master piece? I could go on and on as to why a New Hope is a good movie, but it isn't the story or the lore (hell its a direct rip of the classic heros tale).
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2019-12-22 at 01:02 AM.

JJ missed a ton opportunities. Might be one of the one things George was good at when he was at the helm because he wouldn't have missed opportunities to cram in easter eggs and callbacks. Its going to take me a while to get over Anakin's ghost not appearing.

This was JJs chance to do a and Endgame like montage. He blew it.
    George Lucas' fatal flaw was alwasy his complete inability to direct actors doing anything dialogue related.
    But what i could never accuse him of is making Star Wars because he wanted to exploit his fans for money.

The original Star Wars is clearly apassion project for him, and he even blankly said that he didnt care if fans of the original didnt like the politics or even general themes of hte Prequels, he had a story he wanted to tell, and even with the terrible dialogue layered on top his passion shines through, from Phantom Menace with the tense scene of Qui-gon's death, to the epic battle between Yoda and Sidious in the senate chambers.

The Sequels never managed to make me feel anything like that. I felt they were movies made by a competent director that probably saw the movie once as a kid or something, but i never got the impression there was a single person there who truly and genuinely loved being on set and telling this story.
    Even the music seems to be phoning it in. I cannot for the life of me remember a single unique piece of music from the Sequels.

Kylo the ultimate CUCKLORD