Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 301
... LastLast

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD.

: 58% ROTTEN

TRAILER DEBUTED OCTOBER 22, 2019 AT THE PATRIOTS AND JETS MONDAY-NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME.

SPECIAL LOOK DEBUTED AUGUST 26, 2019 AT D23 2019

TEASER DEBUTED APRIL 12, 2019 AT STAR WARS CELEBRATION 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot: Episode IX is the final installment of the sequel franchise and the Skywalker storyline.

Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

7/27/18

Production has started and news of the movie has been released!

Billy Dee Williams [Lando] is coming back and a woman named Naomi Ackie has speculative been casted as his daughter . Another newcomer is Richard E. Grant.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2020-01-03 at 03:49 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Seeing Billy Dee Williams as part of the cast makes me ask the question, why kill Lando?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Seeing Billy Dee Williams as part of the cast makes me ask the question, why kill Lando?
    Because they need OT cast members to get butts in seats, and after TLJ, people aren't gonna want to come just for Luke.

Personally , I would wait until reviews come in before seeing it. They pissed mark hamil off with TLJ. So either there gonna find a way to add him back in or there gonna visit previous stuff before he vanished in episode 8. Like trainig Ren more or what he's been doing prior to meeting her. Either that or there gonna have Luke as a jedi ghost and work that angle. That's usually what happens when jedi vanish. Watch any remarks he says prior to release.

Deleted
    Man, they just keep on churning out turds like a Wookie that locked himself in the bathroom after a nightlong Burrito binge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know whats funny? According to leaks about the Lucas "what if" version, Disney's and his are almost the same.

Who wants me to buy them a ticket for IX?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'm just gonna avoid watching it at all costs...

I will pirate the film, so that I can maximize my damage to this crime.

I hope to God this movie is better than that fucking train wreck that Episode VIII turned out to be.

This new trilogy so far is making the prequels seem like masterpieces in comparison.

Oh well, at least we've gotten decent spin off movies so far. Rogue One and Solo have whipped the shit out of Episodes VII and VIII, IMO.
    Last edited by MRIguy7; 2018-07-28 at 08:13 AM.

I just want this trilogy to end. I'm hoping that the film crashes and burns like Solo did, so Disney takes a broom to all the idiots working on the franchise and they bring in some competent people who actually cares about Star Wars and don't hate the fans.

Only good thing I think will come from this movie is more John Williams scores.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Because the force is female and according to Klueless Kennedy, the franchise must change because reasons

- - - Updated - - -

Can we kill of Tar Tar Stinks (Rose) in this movie? Give Finn to Poe. Give Rey to Kylo and kill them both off. Finn should be the main character anyways. Rey doesn’t even have a goal.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lando coming back is very surprising, maybe reprising a role as a rebel leader? Would make sense since Fisher is gone, they killed all the other leaders, and now we need someone in charge.

inb4 Luke is "resurrected" by the force (in an attempt to resurrect the series)

They just need to bring it to a conclusion a quick as possible. There's no way JJ can bring the trilogy back from the brink after VIII.

No matter what happens now VII, VIII and IX will feel disjointed from the other 6 movies. There is no story-lines intact that are going to make 1-9 a overarching cohesive story.

Also I bet Lando comes back for the inevitable Leia funeral scene. Will barely be more than a cameo.

Edit: just noticed this thread is 5 days old and hasn't broken 1 page... probably speaks to how excited people are about this.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2018-08-01 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post

Also I bet Lando comes back for the inevitable Leia funeral scene. Will barely be more than a cameo.
    But featured prominently in the trailer

I'll go see it, didn't hate the last movie like every other butt hurt fan did. I liked Grumpy Luke, though I dislike purple hair lady, and most of the gambling planet sub plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I will pirate the film, so that I can maximize my damage to this crime.
    Is pirating enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    More Rey and shirtless Kylo will be worth the price of admission. Also hoping that force-ghost-Luke is hella snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Can we kill of Tar Tar Stinks (Rose) in this movie? Give Finn to Poe. Give Rey to Kylo and kill them both off. Finn should be the main character anyways. Rey doesn’t even have a goal.
    I was originally hoping that both Rey and Finn would be Jedi, but Ep. VIII kind of burned that bridge in so many ways. Sadly, going from TFA to TLJ, Finn feels like he just becomes the token black guy at the butt of every situation. Not quite sure where his role is headed in Ep. IX, although that could be said about almost every character after Ep. VIII. Only thing I want to see in Ep. IX is Rose dying for the cause, and her being mad about having to sacrifice herself to the bitter end.

Hopefully Lando doesn't get the kiss of death as everyone else seems to get from the original movies.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I'm not even sure I have enough "Welp, I'm in this deep" drive to watch it. Like, what's left to wrap up?

Convert/Kill Ren
    Deal with Huxley and First Empire

That's really it. All the people that could have interesting interactions or had history with the main cast are all dead, so that leaves us with fluff and more shipping wars. And at this point, I'll accept Finn and Poe just because atleast they legitimately seem happy to see each other each time they meet up after the escape.

Also, they are killing Lando. No way in hell they let Lando live if everyone else is dead.