Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    It's according to Daisy Ridley herself. JJ wrote drafts for 8 and 9 but Rian didn't go along with it.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/...abrams-script/
    “Here’s what I think I know. J. J. wrote Episode VII, as well as drafts for VIII & IX," Ridley shared with Le Magazine GEEK (translated by Tumblr user daisyridleys). "Then Rian Johnson arrived and wrote The Last Jedi entirely. I believe there was some sort of general consensus on the main lines of the trilogy, but apart from that, every director writes and realizes his film in his own way. Rian Johnson and J. J. Abrams met to discuss all of this, although Episode VIII is still his very own work. I believe Rian didn’t keep anything from the first draft of Episode VIII.”
    Eh, doesn't really tell us much. How specific was his script, how much did Johnson deviate from it, etc. Daisy Ridley is also probably not very closely involved with this process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I would have left the theater
    i remember people did that with Leia marry Poppins in space

Greater details from the end of the supposed Trevorrow script. TBH it's starting to smell a little like bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62H56LMB-U

C-3PO murders a First Order droid to prevent it from calling in reinforcements when he couldn't get the attention of any human characters to stop it.

R2-D2 gets blown up but then is repaired at the end, during his boot up sequence he projects moments from the OT from his perspective.

Rey is slashed across the eyes by Kylo blinding her.

Kylo leaves her and enters a temple on Mortis.

Whatever it was exactly that they went to Mortis to find/fight over ended up not being there at all.

Luke appears and has words with Kylo Ren.

Rey comes back into the picture now and has bandaged her eyes with a strip of cloth, Luke vanishes.

Rey channels both the Light and Dark side.

Fight resumes, Rey gets the upper hand this time and Kylo's saber is destroyed, blowing up in his hand.

Kylo drains the life force from Rey healing him, the metal bits that were fused to his face all out and the Sith corruption seem to be healed too.

Rey begins pleading to Ben, Leia senses this too and reaches out to him.

It seems like this is still a Bendemption ending, not an irredeemable Kylo Ren. He feels love for Rey and now accepts that it doesn't not make him weaker. He grabs Rey's hand and the life force flows back into her. At this point he tells her that her last name is Solana and dies.

At this point Rey ascends to an astral plane and meets with Luke, Obi-Wan and Yoda. They applaud her for teaching them something new. They affirm that Rey is correct to utilize both the Dark and the Light and to find the balance within herself. She is given the choice to stay one with the force or to return to the galaxy.

Hux is now a wannabe force user and has been trying and failing to use the force throughout the last battle. He has a lightsaber collection and when it becomes apparent that the First Order is going to lose he commits seppuku with a purple bladed saber.

Last scene is Rey beginning to teach a new generation of Jedi on a planet named Modesta.
    Okay, well if that leak is accurate then they were right to toss that script.

Not that what we got was any good but... no to that also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    ESB > ANH > Rogue One > RotJ > Solo > FA > RotSith > RotSkywalker > TLJ > AotC > PM
    Hmm, I don't like ranking films like this, but let me try:

Great: [Star Wars/ESB]
    More good than bad: [Rogue One/Solo/FA/RoTJ*]
    More bad than good: [TLJ/RoS]
    Ick: [Prequels]

*I honestly don't know where I want to put Jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rankings are always subject to change. I really need to watch a movie three times before I can really put a ranking on it. Also, sequels can make a earlier movie worse or better imo

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    My rankings are always subject to change. I really need to watch a movie three times before I can really put a ranking on it. Also, sequels can make a earlier movie worse or better imo
    This tends to be true. It could be because we expectations are so high if we liked the first one.

More Duel of the Fates leaks, this time concept art.

https://imgur.com/a/lX9JG8F

That's actually nice, even though the Luke-blocking-lightsaber and Hux committing sudoku might be a bit too much.
    First Order-occupied Coruscant picture makes a damn nice wallpaper

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

I’m not sure if it would have been worse then RoS but this stuff looks really bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’m not sure if it would have been worse then RoS but this stuff looks really bad.
    I agree. It looks like it would suffer from similar problems to RoS that we had.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Additional concept art for Duel of the Fates.

https://imgur.com/a/fbZFcbC

Additional concept art for Duel of the Fates.

https://imgur.com/a/fbZFcbC
    How can they change "Rey arrives to train a new generation of Jedi [Final Shot]" (unique house on a field of grass) to lets ripp of ep4 twin sun, and bury the lightsabers.

It still bothering me about the lightsabers, shall they not be passed on to the next generation of jedi, or if they are a oblation/offering to the dead, shall they not be buried at the place ther owner did die/assended, or place in a shrine/hall of honor in a new jedi academy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with I have with TROS is that it barely addressed this significance of Anakin as part of the Skywalkers. I would've been a fine send off of the Skywalkers if it acknowledge Anakin more, even if Kylo/Ben just recognizing Anakin over Vader. Abrams isnt so good at ending stories. They should have just went with someone who would've played of Rian's direction than giving it back to Abrams.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    How can they change "Rey arrives to train a new generation of Jedi [Final Shot]" (unique house on a field of grass) to lets ripp of ep4 twin sun, and bury the lightsabers.

It still bothering me about the lightsabers, shall they not be passed on to the next generation of jedi, or if they are a oblation/offering to the dead, shall they not be buried at the place ther owner did die/assended, or place in a shrine/hall of honor in a new jedi academy.
    I’ve heard the writers get paid based on what % of the script is theirs, so when Abrams and Terrio took over they were financially incentivized to change as much as they could even if the scenes were superior before they touched them.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The main problem with I have with TROS is that it barely addressed this significance of Anakin as part of the Skywalkers. I would've been a fine send off of the Skywalkers if it acknowledge Anakin more, even if Kylo/Ben just recognizing Anakin over Vader. Abrams isnt so good at ending stories. They should have just went with someone who would've played of Rian's direction than giving it back to Abrams.
    There are hints, but yeah, they could have done more.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

No idea whether that was already discussed but

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-pal...campaign=SR-TW

Quote Originally Posted by RoS novelization
    "All the vials were empty of liquid save one, which was nearly depleted. Kylo peered closer. He'd seen this apparatus before, too, when he'd studied the Clone Wars as a boy. The liquid flowing into the living nightmare before him was fighting a losing battle to sustain the Emperor's putrid flesh.

"What could you give me?" Kylo asked. Emperor Palpatine lived, after a fashion, and Kylo could feel in his very bones that this clone body sheltered the Emperor's actual spirit. It was an imperfect vessel, though, unable to contain his immense power. It couldn't last much longer."
    That 2-line passage sure couldn't have been implemented as a 5-minute sequence in any of the two last movies

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That 2-line passage sure couldn't have been implemented as a 5-minute sequence in any of the two last movies
    It was implemented. We literally saw Kylo doing that. We just didn't hear his thoughts, which was ok.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    This is a rumor but a reset would be welcome, since the trilogy is bad fan fiction with a big budget...

DISNEY RESETTING STAR WARS; ERASING LAST JEDI
    https://cosmicbook.news/disney-reset...eGsQas7C6ZNJG8

A new rumor has hit the net offering that some sort of Disney Star Wars reset is in the works that will see Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker basically erased.

The rumor comes from the "future ruler of Earth," the Doomcock Overlord DVD YouTube channel, who recently offered that a Star Wars "civil war" is happening at Lucasfilm between Kathleen Kennedy and Jon Favreau.

Doomock also previously provided those Skywalker spoilers, and prior to Marvel Studios announcing a new director and writing team on the Captain Marvel sequel, said there were all kinds of problems at Marvel with Brie Larson and Captain Marvel (interestingly enough, Feige is now going with Elizabeth Olsen and Scarlet Witch).

Disney Star Wars trilogy getting nullified

Getting back to the rumor, Doomock says that plans are in place to save the Star Wars franchise which involves the Abrams and Rian Johnson trilogy getting nullified.

It's claimed the Disney Star Wars Trilogy will be erased using a concept that was recently made canon in the Star Wars Rebels animated series.

"In the Season 4 episode 13 installment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space," explains Doomcock. "I have received confirmation from two additional sources claiming that this is spot on -- that indeed LucasFilm realizes they have a massive problem on their hands, that the Star Wars franchise is all but dead, and despite Kathleen Kennedy's hatred of this idea, Lucasfilm is preparing to render the Sequel Trilogy null and void."

It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."

So what Doomcock is explaining is that a Star Wars Multiverse will be created which will isolate the Disney Star Wars Trilogy as being a part of a separate universe that is not a part of the George Lucas original Star Wars films.

Massive Star Wars reset incoming

Doomcock continues by noting the details can't be verified but says there may be proof it's happening in The Rise of Skywalker (more on that below).

It's further noted that the plans are not set in place, as again Kathleen Kennedy is said to hate the idea and is said to be doing everything she can to crush it, as if "the plan comes to pass, everything that Kathleen Kennedy did with the Sequel Trilogy will be destroyed, tossed out and declared obsolete."

Doomcock feels the plan will happen.

"A massive reset is going to hit the Star Wars universe," he says.

Details how Disney Star Wars will get undone:

Regarding how they are going to undo the Disney Star Wars sequels, it involves The Emperor:

Emperor Palpatine had a room on the second Death Star called The Room of Mirrors. The mirrors were created by The Emperor prior to the Death Star through the Dark Side using ancient Sith rituals. These mirrors linked to the Veil of The Force served many purposes. Using them, Palpatine could manipulate The Force in many ways to further his aims. For example, the use of the mirrors allowed Palpatine to cloud the Jedi Council to conceal himself and his dark apprentices from the Jedi and from Force-sensitives that followed their fall.

Using the mirrors allowed Palpatine to access the awesome powers of the Veil of The Force. They were indispensable tools that allowed him to rise to the pinnacle of ultimate power. It is this conceit that explains how Palpatine survived Darth Vader throwing him down the shaft in the throne room of the Death Star. In desperation as he fell, Palpatine opened a portal to the Veil of The Force and entered it. This explains why Palpatine is in such a damaged state in the Rise of Skywalker, as transporting himself into the Veil without the aid of the mirrors drained him and damaged him severely.
    Doomock goes on to explain that The Emperor created a second set of mirrors on Exegol that allowed him to escape where he plotted the rise of the Empire.

Regarding how things will be reset, it's explained that all one has to do is go into the Veil of Mirrors and wait for Palpatine to enter, as the Veil is "a mystical dimension where in all times collide," which will cause the Disney Star Wars trilogy to "consign to its own alternate timeline forever" as "Palpatine enters the Veil and never gets back to Exegol."

"[The Emperor] is prevented from using the mirrors to return, he dies as he was intended to [in Return of the Jedi], and 'Bob's your uncle' and all our problems are solved," explains Doomcock.

So since The Emperor never survives, that means the events from Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker never comes to pass in the George Lucas timeline.

"No Disney sequel trilogy, Han doesn't walk stupidly into a lightsaber, Leia doesn't fly like Mary Poppins through space, Luke has nothing to run away from and consumes no green milk, and I am informed there will be no amazing 'wonder Rey' as she was born after The Emperor's death," says Doomcock who notes the particulars are still getting worked on, but that the plan will "retcon the Sequel Trilogy out of our misery and restore freedom to George Lucas' galaxy."

Proof of Star War reset

Doomcock offers proof that this may be happening is a scene that was included in Rise of Skywalker which featured Rey confronting her Dark Side self, where mirrors can be seen in the background. It's said it's unknown if Abrams knew what the scene was about, but it "demonstrates the plausibility of this rumor."

The scene features broken mirrors, where one mirror is still intact which the Dark Side Rey emerges from.

"Well, my friends, this is your glimpse into the Veil of The Force," explains Doomcock. "Literally anything is possible here as branching alternate realities converge and diverge in that mystical dimension. What is glimpsed in those mirrors is an alternate version of Rey, and lurking within the Veil are alternate versions of Palpatine, alternate versions of Luke, alternate versions of Han. Somewhere in the multiverse may even lie a version of the Disney sequels that didn't suck and didn't outrage and alienate a huge section of the Star Wars fandom, but for now the best we can hope for is using the Veil of The Force to obliterate the Disney sequels banishing them to their own little funhouse mirror in the vast hall of mirrors Multiverse to be forgotten as the substandard garbage they are."
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-06-30 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking.

In reality they don't really need to do anything - they can just fast forward 200 years and that will be a reset anyway in a much better way that does not make people scratch heads.

The whole dimensions/timelines crap is a one way ticket, once you start with that - there is no going back, where as a simple couple hundred years jump forward would be just fine in case of Star Wars.

Then for people who piss boiling water over Princess Skywalker/Palpatine will be calmed down because she would at most go to legend status, while people who don't mind much won't be having a huge chunk of Star Wars ripped out of it adding more canon/non-canon nonsense.

I, personally, don't mind 3rd Trilogy story - yeah some shit there was eyebrow raising, but imo Rey, as a whole was fine and I am curious how that will play out couple hundreds of years forward with her probably starting a new Jedi order that is not strictly light aligned.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-30 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    snip
    This would be the dumbest shit ever. Dumber than dumb.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-07-01 at 04:26 AM.