Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Anyone who is dying to a disc priest 1v1 has bigger problems than healer tuning and should focus on that before whining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to balance PVP is what killed PVP for me.

I enjoyed when everything was completely unhinged and could one shot anything. Hunter's aim shot could 1 shot people, rogues could ambush for half your HP, mages double trinket POM pyro, shadowpriests mindflaying you to death through walls, Shaman windfury proc, Locks nightfall and soulfire with shadowburn, warriors in general.
    But since they didn't want healers dying so fast because "omg why play a healer then, because i can't get my own kills!!!!" they had to shoehorn their role into a main healer, they had to shoehorn them into PVP, basically.
    If you look at other MOBA games, healing is almost secondary for healers, they mostly do other stuff.

I wouldn't mind if the game went back to that and you just give every spec the ability to be unhinged. This way composition doesn't matter in arena, only reflex. Composition is the biggest thing that turns me off from arena.
    Last edited by msdos; 2018-08-10 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc Priests are the only healers that are basically immortal even with 2 people hitting them. All the others I'm not really finding an issue with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Anyone who is dying to a disc priest 1v1 has bigger problems than healer tuning and should focus on that before whining.
    Found the Disc FoTMer trying desperately to stay OP. Too bad Blizz already announced the shit load of PvP nerfs you'll be getting soon. Too bad they probably won't be enough and you'll be getting more nerfs in the future.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Found the Disc FoTMer trying desperately to stay OP. Too bad Blizz already announced the shit load of PvP nerfs you'll be getting soon. Too bad they probably won't be enough and you'll be getting more nerfs in the future.
    Did you just publicly reveal you have died to a disc priest 1v1? lol.

And Blizzard is already nerfing disc, not that you should concern yourself with such matters.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

I enjoyed when everything was completely unhinged and could one shot anything. Hunter's aim shot could 1 shot people, rogues could ambush for half your HP
    But what you mentioned can get and was balanced too. Players often associate balance with everyone doing low dmg etc, but that's just one given gameplay type everyone doing low dmg. Still, everyone doing very high dmg can get balanced as well it's just different and I agree that PvP is certainly much more reasonable that way. Getting healed, dispelled all the time, dpses doing dmg with ~no regard to their defenses is pretty pathetic. That's much closer to PvE

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    I never understood this argument. Healers are fundamentally a role that only works in PvP in a team of at least 2, since they can't dps. So if you are in a 1v1 situation as a healer you already lost, either because you couldn't keep your teammate(s) alive, or because you are alone as a healer, which you shouldn't.
    Spoken like someone who has never actually pvped..... Go 1v1 a Disc Priest, or Resto Shaman, or Resto Druid as any class you like (gear being equal).. you will lose...every...single...time...

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    A support class surviving a 1v1 scenario means he won the engagement, that is the issue. A dps should be able to kill a supportclass in a 1v1, if not what is the point of outdoor pvp?
    What in the world are you talking about? Explain WHY you believe this to be true. Plenty of ppl have explained why it shouldn't be true. I think you're just mad you couldn't kill a healer. The game is not balanced around 1v1 and world pvp is rarely 1v1 so wtf r u talking about? And surviving is not winning. Killing your opponent is winning. L2pvp.

For whatever reason blizzard thinks dying in PvP isn't fun, so they made healers op, therefore no one dies. Everyone is having so much fun when they stay alive forever. Also that's the reason why dampening exists in arenas and viewer numbers of WoW arena tournaments clearly show that it's the most fun esport to watch. I still remember when I gave it a try for the war patron title and instead of people dying within one or two minutes I could enjoy 10-15 minutes of people bashing their heads in with no one getting killed - thats like 8 times the duration, therefore 8 times the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? Explain WHY you believe this to be true. Plenty of ppl have explained why it shouldn't be true. I think you're just mad you couldn't kill a healer. The game is not balanced around 1v1 and world pvp is rarely 1v1 so wtf r u talking about? And surviving is not winning. Killing your opponent is winning. L2pvp.
    Because you think normal a support class being able to hold its ground vs a dps class does not make it balanced or fair or fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you just publicly reveal you have died to a disc priest 1v1? lol.

And Blizzard is already nerfing disc, not that you should concern yourself with such matters.
    I play a BrM and Veng, Discs can't kill me if I don't want them to unless it's a duel or something. But they are immortal gods that don't die either, so a fight with them 1v1 is a literal waste of time for me since I can't kill them but I can easily escape from the fight.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't really had any issue with healers other than disc priests, and they've been pretty much brought in line I think. In fact some of the healers seem pretty garbage right now compared to damage people do - see MW and hpal. That being said, its a fine line between that and incredibly strong.

A healer shouldn't be easily killed by 1 DPS, then arenas just become triple DPS comps because healers are trash.
    Against 2 dps, healers should be able to survive a bit, but need peels after sustained beating. 2 DPS shouldn't be able to burst a healer in a 3 second stun before his DPS can even react and peel.

Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    Haven't really had any issue with healers other than disc priests, and they've been pretty much brought in line I think. In fact some of the healers seem pretty garbage right now compared to damage people do - see MW and hpal. That being said, its a fine line between that and incredibly strong.

A healer shouldn't be easily killed by 1 DPS, then arenas just become triple DPS comps because healers are trash.
    Against 2 dps, healers should be able to survive a bit, but need peels after sustained beating. 2 DPS shouldn't be able to burst a healer in a 3 second stun before his DPS can even react and peel.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    Sure, 120 is 120. I'm talking about right this second, I realize 120 is a completely different world. I messed around on the Gladiator's Sanctum for like a day, and realized everything was out of whack.

Also time elapsed 14 minutes... that's like 7,000 HPS? That doesn't seem super out of whack for what I'm assuming is a geared 120 healer on Gladiator's Sanctum WITH pvp talents lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valedus View Post
    Sure, 120 is 120. I'm talking about right this second, I realize 120 is a completely different world. I messed around on the Gladiator's Sanctum for like a day, and realized everything was out of whack.

Also time elapsed 14 minutes... that's like 7,000 HPS? That doesn't seem super out of whack for what I'm assuming is a geared 120 healer on Gladiator's Sanctum WITH pvp talents lol.
    Can't rly spam heal with rogue ret and disc on you

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually, disc priest are great in 1v1s, I think it’s quite the opposite of your statement. Current prepatch disc damage is broken, I heard it tones down at 120 a bit though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

I enjoyed when everything was completely unhinged and could one shot anything. Hunter's aim shot could 1 shot people, rogues could ambush for half your HP, mages double trinket POM pyro, shadowpriests mindflaying you to death through walls, Shaman windfury proc, Locks nightfall and soulfire with shadowburn, warriors in general.
    But since they didn't want healers dying so fast because "omg why play a healer then, because i can't get my own kills!!!!" they had to shoehorn their role into a main healer, they had to shoehorn them into PVP, basically.
    If you look at other MOBA games, healing is almost secondary for healers, they mostly do other stuff.

I wouldn't mind if the game went back to that and you just give every spec the ability to be unhinged. This way composition doesn't matter in arena, only reflex. Composition is the biggest thing that turns me off from arena.
    I’m so glad you’re not a dev holy hell that’s an awful idea. WoW is not a moba, it was never made to be a moba, stop trying to turn it into a moba. WoW has never been a twitch based game like an FPS, it takes thought and strategy in PvP, what you’re proposing would eliminate any skill/strategy in PvP that the game has left, no ty.
    Last edited by mostvp71; 2018-08-10 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    Actually, disc priest are great in 1v1s, I think it’s quite the opposite of your statement. Current prepatch disc damage is broken, I heard it tones down at 120 a bit though.
    You have to be really bad to die to a disc priest, and I am saying this with blunt sincerity. Anyone that lets a priest penance and smite them to death should focus on learning how to kick and CC, not go on forums to rationalize away their blatant lack of basic PvP skill. I am saying this very purposefully too, because Legion was the first expansion Blizzard actually listened to these idiots and significantly changed the role healers fill in PvP; reducing relative healing power to never before seen levels, and making healers more cooldown reliant. Most of the low skilled forum posters that brought about these changes even had the audacity, lack of game knowledge and comprehension to keep complaining about PvP healing during Legion, which is interesting because they actually got what they asked for and didn't even realize it.

Most of the low skilled forum posters that brought about these changes even had the audacity, lack of game knowledge and comprehension to keep complaining about PvP healing during Legion, which is interesting because they actually got what they asked for and didn't even realize it.
    Those complaining about healing were probably asking to meet healer 99% of the time in rated 2v2, making that bracket ~require healer as well
    Last edited by Prode; 2018-08-10 at 09:24 PM.

Yeah, Healers like Disc and MW are now unkillable in outdoor pvp. Great job Bliz. Nearly every priest I meet is disc thx to the massive sustain and nice dmg it does. Even easier to level as disc than shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no answer why healers should be able to outsustain a dps in outdoor pvp.

Let arene and BG have their own balance, but nerf those damn healers in outdoor pvp.

you must be kidding with the 1v1 thing, if you are a good disc priest you can hold 3-4 ppl on you and probably kill some of them to in world pvp ...