Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

EZ fix for Levelling

1 - Go back to 1-60 level system.
    2 - Use veteran rank for people above 60 ( ie. VR1, VR2, etc ) at max level.
    3 - Fix the entire 1-60 storyline to be about horde/ally rivalry.
    4 - Use EK and Kalimdor for 1-30.
    5 - Choice of any expac zone for the 30-60 levels.

First, it would give them a chance to reset continuity for the levelling story. Second, you could choose multiple zones for the later leveling, so that it never feels quite as stale. Finally, it would not feel like some ridiculous 1000 step process to hit max.

He's right that would indeed be pretty easy

Well, to be fair they need to find a long-term solution. Veteran levels sound better than 1-200 to me. Something like D3 paragon but the actual endgame is still 60 (or 100 or whatever).

There's a million easy fixes, but they do not appear to be interested in them as they can get $60 (or at least a sub for an additional month or two) out of slow / bad leveling process.

Leveling is amazing when I buy the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Leveling is amazing when I buy the boost.
    I think I just found my next signature quote.

On-topic, though, this doesn't sound bad. Probably a nightmare to iterate, but I'm no game developer/designer to speak on the matter. Probably too tall an order at this point, if I had to guess.

Would be interesting, but in the interest of alts or main change, they'd have to be careful about the veteran levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

On-topic, though, this doesn't sound bad. Probably a nightmare to iterate, but I'm no game developer/designer to speak on the matter. Probably too tall an order at this point, if I had to guess.
    Yep.

Agreed - the easy part is me writing it down lol.

The nightmare would definitely be implementation. But, I guess that depends what their plans are for the game. If they are thinking this game is around for another 10 years, it prob makes sense to put a small team on it to fix once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    So you don't like higher levels but want to add higher levels with out calling them levels. I never understand why people think adding in alternatve advancement is any different then a level. 1-120 is no different then 1-60 and veteran 1-60 (using 60 veteran ranks for example).

1-30 on EK and Kalimdor would be boring. Those levels would be required to be so long, or the content short, in order to have a continuity of story and leveling.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

how exactly that is 'EZ fix' ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Well, to be fair they need to find a long-term solution. Veteran levels sound better than 1-200 to me. Something like D3 paragon but the actual endgame is still 60 (or 100 or whatever).
    But the end game won't be 60 if alternate advancement exists. End game in Legion was not Artifact level 0. It was designed around certain artifact levels because you were expected to advance to that point. The same would be for any non-level system because they would need to balance around it. If they don't balance around those veteran/alternate levels then content will become easy or the ranks pointless because they hold no real power.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I think- they should let you totally skip leveling if you have a certain number of max level toons (maybe, 5?)

I know they will never do that, because they won't be able to sell boosts- but seriously... five times leveling is plenty. There is no reason to make your players have to go through that again, if they don't want to.

Many players have more than 5 max level mains- how many times do you want to force them to go through the exact same leveling experience? Isn't 5 times enough?

The scaling helped- but it is still extremely limited. They should not force you to go through WOD again. They should have just made the zones scale to your level period. This way, at least- you could level through your favorite zones and not be forced to experience bad zones again.

At this point in the game's life- why are they evening making an issue out of this- it should be such a "non issue" at this point. They are like an old miser holding onto his last nickel with this..... Why cause friction with a devoted player base that has supported you over a decade..... It just really makes no sense.

I think my suggestion would increase subs. Some players would like to try a new class out but don't feel like leveling again or don't want to spend 60$ on a boost. So what do they do? They unsub....... Why not let them try out the new class and get some more $$$ out of them on the sub. They might really like the class, turn it into a new main and stay subbed a while....

Yep.

Agreed - the easy part is me writing it down lol.

The nightmare would definitely be implementation. But, I guess that depends what their plans are for the game. If they are thinking this game is around for another 10 years, it prob makes sense to put a small team on it to fix once and for all.
    Yeah. I think they accomplished what you entailed in some fashion in 7.3.5, though. I started leveling a Nightborne Mage for the heritage armor and was pleasantly surprised that I could choose between BC/Wrath and then subsequently Cata/MoP expansions to continue my leveling. I thought that was REALLY nice, because I hate BC and Cata leveling. The option to skip those two came at a huge relief. What you described just seems like a much more aggressive version of what 7.3.5 implemented.

But nonetheless, cheers for a good idea even if it's never fully implemented. Also, in these conversations, we can't forget that there are indeed people who love leveling. Just as much as I like raiding, there's someone out there that gets so hyped about leveling through all the old content, even if they've done it a bunch. People like that do exist, and we can't forget about them.

I respect leveling more on MMORPG principle. I've grown up on this concept throughout games of this nature, and while I don't enjoy it 100% of the time, I understand why it exists and why it shouldn't fully go away.

____

Off-topic, sort of, since profitability is often mentioned in these discussions...

Here's another idea, because Blizzard is a business after all, and they don't really seem to have a "loyalty" program. How about every 6 months subscribed in a row, your account is awarded a character boost? Two free boosts over the course of a year of continuous subscription doesn't sound like it would dent their profits that bad, if at all, considering the motivation people would have to stay subscribed.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-07-31 at 12:38 AM.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    1 - Go back to 1-60 level system.
    3 - Fix the entire 1-60 storyline to be about horde/ally rivalry.
    4 - Use EK and Kalimdor for 1-30.
    5 - Choice of any expac zone for the 30-60 levels.

First, it would give them a chance to reset continuity for the levelling story. Second, you could choose multiple zones for the later leveling, so that it never feels quite as stale. Finally, it would not feel like some ridiculous 1000 step process to hit max.
    Yes, that would be very, very easy, also what is the point of VR levels. cause seriously... "Level 60 VR 60" no that is just level 120.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post

Yes, imagine doing cataclysm all over again, but this time up to current blizzard standards with art and quests, if they did so it may have to be an expansion with very little "new" content and just remade old content.
    Cata was and most likely will always be the biggest expansion. Issue is those who were new didnt notice the content, and those who were old players have allready leveled lots of times and choose to ignore that there is "new content" I had every class at 80 sio i had not reason to go back and do cata leveling, so that"new content" was not content to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    D3 paragon is horrifically awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Deleted
    They don't need a fix. Current leveling is the perfect marketing strategy for the $60 boosts.

Anything would improve the current leveling experience.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    They don't need a fix. Current leveling is the perfect marketing strategy for the $60 boosts.
    Idk what world you live in that allied race heritage armors dont exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

Haha, yeah, let's go pull a Cata revamp on the entire game. That wouldn't be tough at all.

I love how reworking the entire system like this is 'EZ'. You've never written a line of software, have you?