Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Lol, already people are crying for them to nerf the reasons to WPVP again since BGs aren't as lucrative...

As it was said before: The playerbase killed WPVP, not some other factor.
    This. If you didn't like honor farming then you could've easily gotten like-minded individuals together to kill their rezzers and you guys would've completely ruined their farming method.

But nope, let's just whine to blizzard until they nerf any and all incentive to WPVP into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Guildies report that they just hot-fixed it.
    in which way was it nerfed? less honor per kill i asusme?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry235 View Post
    in which way was it nerfed? less honor per kill i asusme?
    Thats correct, heavily.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grouping to trade kills for the express purpose of circumventing the usual pacing of achievements/rewards is going to get at a minimum nerfed, or at worst, going to get the participants a temporary vacation. I wouldn't do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    how long would it take to get 500?
    i'm pretty sure a lot of people will give up way before they get to a 100.
    The only realistic ways to get to Honor level 500 in any not insane time frame is to either march a dozen alts through all 3 PvP towers and at least 3 PvP brawls (if not all four) everyday for several months or to have starting doing exactly that a year ago and you're already well north of honor level 300 already.

3 towers (no honor flag) + 3 brawls x 12 alts = 28800 honor a day (153 days to get to Honor Level 500)
    3 towers (no honor flag) + 4 brawls x 12 alts = 34800 honor a day (127 days)

It's not a small grind, it's designed (unfortunately) to take a good year or two with not insane levels of play like outlined above.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't really see the issue. People have been doing stuff like this in the open world forever. Having a friend let you kill them repeatedly was pretty much the only way to farm bloody coins on certain servers back in MoP. It's no more "win trading" then asking your friends to log onto their different rogues so you can get the Pilgrim's Bounty turkey shooter achievement. If they don't like people doing it, then they should remove rewards from wpvp, not punish people for cooperating.

This is a slippery slope. For instance, there is an achievement called Duelicious or something like that. I've seen multiple times over the years players letting those who don't duel or are not very good at PVP kill them while they just stand there. Just so the player can get the achievement. Does that deserve a ban or any type punishment? It's virtually the same principle but only with two people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post

work as intended
    lol that's even the inefficient way of doing it before they nerfed. Best way to do it was to have 2 groups of 40 on every side, 80v80, 2 ressers for both factions and 2-3 attackers for both sides.

You'd put on an autoress addon and anti-afk macro, and everyone would do this in the group. I went to sleep and came back to having leveled a fuckton, went up by 170 honor levels or so.

due to it being 160 ppl right next to eachother, the chances of anyone else being in that shard was ridiculously low and so the farming went on for over 24 hours

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    new method will be found soon, was odd to have nostalgia for Ashran title farms
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

I read you got up to 1200honor per Minute (due to the assassin tag you get). Someone said he went from 74 to 497 ... I would say it was an very effective method during the past days... Too bad I didn't see the thread about it earlier :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sefer View Post
    I read you got up to 1200honor per Minute (due to the assassin tag you get). Someone said he went from 74 to 497 ... I would say it was an very effective method during the past days... Too bad I didn't see the thread about it earlier :P
    Pretty much. You averaged between 8-10 levels an hour. I personally went up over 150 levels in the span of about 16 hours split between 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Sefer View Post
    In my group it was around that amount. I only went to 80 since i have no ambition in it past the max PvP guardian druid skin, which i got, just in time before the nerf, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I've earned much more honor in warmode than in BGs, it's really weird to get over 100 honor per kill. But I guess they won't do anything now since darkshore is only a pre-patch thing. If something similar happens in KT/Zandalar however, I expect a huge nerf.
    I expect some bans as well since this is effectively win trading and that has been against the code of conduct before and still is

Deleted
    So whats the new strat boiz?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    I doubt they'll nerf anything. Otherwise, there would be no point to World PvP. More than likely they'll just hand out bans until it stops.
    The point in world pvp has never been about honor farming, but because you want to pvp... it is a tough concept to grasp if you need a carrot on a stick to get motivated, but that thing actually takes place. PVP for the hell of it.

But yeah, of course some folks already started to exploit any kind of honor gain with the mentioned method.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I don't really see the issue. People have been doing stuff like this in the open world forever. Having a friend let you kill them repeatedly was pretty much the only way to farm bloody coins on certain servers back in MoP. It's no more "win trading" then asking your friends to log onto their different rogues so you can get the Pilgrim's Bounty turkey shooter achievement. If they don't like people doing it, then they should remove rewards from wpvp, not punish people for cooperating.
    It's not the same like those things at all. Depending on server you were indeed shit out of luck for some of those achievements. That is not the case at all for farming Honor. You can do that fairly reliably and consistently. The rewards for honor levels are also intended to span years for the typical player. Having rewards from PvP is fine. Only thing they messed up with is having people needing to essentially re-earn rewards they already have.

It was also not necessarily the rewards that were the issue, it was the method used to get them. Instead of nerfing the rewards they could have:

- added a debuff on being mass ressed
    - not allowing mass resurrection outside raids
    - cut honor gains while in a raid group (already happens for XP and you can't advance most quests)

Do any (or multiple) of those and people could have enjoyed themselves in WPVP and get some decent rewards from it. Instead you had several raid groups of people getting naked and taking turns in being killed/ressed while being basically AFK. Now the people for who this entire War Mode thing was made, have had their rewards cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It's not the same like those things at all. Depending on server you were indeed shit out of luck for some of those achievements. That is not the case at all for farming Honor. You can do that fairly reliably and consistently. The rewards for honor levels are also intended to span years for the typical player. Having rewards from PvP is fine. Only thing they messed up with is having people needing to essentially re-earn rewards they already have.

It was also not necessarily the rewards that were the issue, it was the method used to get them. Instead of nerfing the rewards they could have:

- added a debuff on being mass ressed
    - not allowing mass resurrection outside raids
    - cut honor gains while in a raid group (already happens for XP and you can't advance most quests)

Do any (or multiple) of those and people could have enjoyed themselves in WPVP and get some decent rewards from it. Instead you had several raid groups of people getting naked and taking turns in being killed/ressed while being basically AFK. Now the people for who this entire War Mode thing was made, have had their rewards cut.
    It's absolutely no different than asking your friend to make a [race you can't find] rogue for that achievement or asking a friend to carry you through Antorus so you can get the time-exclusive mount. Either cooperation among players is allowed for cosmetic, non-rated content or it isn't. Blizzard themselves apparently thinks this is allowed, they just don't like that people found a way to game the dumb endless honor grind so they nerfed the rewards instead of punishing anyone.