Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    everything is allowed in war, if you would leave you arent any better than the undead defectors she mowed down in arathi
    Except that we put Garrosh on trial and argued over whether or not to execute him over his actions during the Pandaren Campaign, actions Sylvanas has sprinted past and left in the dust. "Everything is allowed in war!!! hurrrr" is an awful defense for genocide and you'd think that the Horde (whose members have largely been the victims of genocide at one point or another in recent memory) would stop and reconsider why they're so willing to defend it.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you all outraged when the real injustice here is that we waited months for an in-game cinematic and got a web series they just plugged into the game instead?

We got these on the website during Legion, not placed into the damn game because actual devs couldn't be arsed. (Well we did later, as an Easter egg/achievement)

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm still really going to need to see how everything plays out to understand how Malfurion, the guy who instinctively in the youth of his training as a druid summoned raging storms and rain so powerful they nearly wiped two armies off the battlefield, can't get enough rain going to extinguish the fires.
    He kind of took an axe to the back of the head and flew off to blizzard only knows where with his lady friend. He wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    .. ruined a character? Made her look like trash? GTFO! That's your pathetic opinion only. I find it so awesome, the direction this is going. Sylvanas' story has been so amazing through WoTLK and Legion and BFA!
    Yeah a cackling mad cartoon villain is super cool, not lazy at all. Also classy getting personal with me about a character in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    How are you all outraged when the real injustice here is that we waited months for an in-game cinematic and got a web series they just plugged into the game instead?

We got these on the website during Legion, not placed into the damn game because actual devs couldn't be arsed. (Well we did later, as an Easter egg/achievement)
    Agreed. I was looking forward to an actual cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    He kind of took an axe to the back of the head and flew off to blizzard only knows where with his lady friend. He wasn't there.
    Ahh, so he's previously wounded in the Horde's march? Alright, I suppose an axe to the kn-- back makes sense.

Though this continues Blizzard's trend of making the Night Elves a complete laughing stock that gets steam rolled in their own territory constantly. So much for the warriors that Grom respected for their ferocity. Not that I really expected anything more from them by this point. They're Blizzard's Alliance cannon-fodder, nothing more, so meh.

10+ Year Old Account

To be fair, the Illidan short was part of the Demon Hunter quest line. You watch it before Altruis and Kayn start throwing punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He was taken to SW by Tyrande cause he was gravely injured by Saurfang. He wasn’t there when Darnassus was burned.
    Got it. Thanks for the update. I really fell behind in keeping up.

I'll probably resub this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    So, basically, the tree was burned down because Sylvanas said "oh yeah?!" to a dying Sentinel.

Truly amazing.
    Basically. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    To be fair, the Illidan short was part of the Demon Hunter quest line. You watch it before Altruis and Kayn start throwing punches.
    Thought you got that in a book in Vault of Wardens?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm against life itself"

Okay, time to jump ship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I have little interest in honor nor do I care to ponder upon my mortality or the afterlife. I seek the end of the alliance and death to it's people. War has come and I will be there to slaughter the innocent with the rest.

RP aside, I personally love the savage side to Sylvanas and have always wanted WoW to focus much more on the faction conflict. The return of the horde to a savage entity and not some peace seeking nation of weaklings is top notch in my book; I rolled the horde to be the bad guys and I want them to be the bad guys. All of this carebear crap over some many expansions is tired and played out. This xpac to me is a wet dream....assuming warmode doesn't end up being a failed concept.
    Roleplaying aka living out a fantasy about propagating genocide really says something about your own character.
    Have fun being an edgy nobody "bad boy".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I have little interest in honor nor do I care to ponder upon my mortality or the afterlife. I seek the end of the alliance and death to it's people. War has come and I will be there to slaughter the innocent with the rest.

RP aside, I personally love the savage side to Sylvanas and have always wanted WoW to focus much more on the faction conflict. The return of the horde to a savage entity and not some peace seeking nation of weaklings is top notch in my book; I rolled the horde to be the bad guys and I want them to be the bad guys. All of this carebear crap over some many expansions is tired and played out. This xpac to me is a wet dream....assuming warmode doesn't end up being a failed concept.
    Except they'll never do that because in the end it's a business. How would it be if one day some alliance dude logs on and it says "sorry can't log in your faction was wiped out. Ty for the cash tho".

Neither faction will ever totally win. EVER. Because money. So aiming for that does nothing. Which really only shows how useless to actual gameplay and story this faction war is. There literally won't be a winner and eventually we will sing kumbaya and save the world again.

It is the most pointless thing.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah a cackling mad cartoon villain is super cool, not lazy at all. Also classy getting personal with me about a character in a video game.
    Yeah and very classy, ranting off bullshit with no substance. Nothing you have said has any value other than pure nonsense. Good job man. If you wanna whine and cry so much, at least show some proper justification. But I guess that's too much to ask for huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    "I'm against life itself"

Okay, time to jump ship.
    Why? Do you even know her background story? Do you even know wtf she has been through ?! She has all the opportunity and reason to hate life itself! But I guess that was a bit too hard for you to realize? lol

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    this, this is what i hate about it, the burning itself was a good thing, just the reasoning blizz decided to put onto her is bullshit
    Exactly. This is so lazy and bad writing sigh.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Seriously.. what is wrong with you cry babies? What exactly is it you want from Sylvanas huh? Like every single thing you can whine about? God man it sucks the life of you seeing so much crying on these forums!

It's awesome that Sylvanas has abebandond all that made her elven. Truly opposite of what her race represents. Do you guys really need your hand held all the time, having every served right before you?! Relax man and see where the story goes..

Jesus f*ucking christ man.

Seriously .. Seeing so many people cry on these forums make me really lose all hope in humanity. So depressing to be on these forums nowadays.. sigh :/
    TBH I don't see anybody crying here... people are invested in this game... and I can totally understand how they feel. Some of them believed in Sylvanas character not being another Garrosh till the release of this video...This is what we call emotions, passion, faith...and most of humanity have them.... so maybe... you're the black sheep of us all... I mean if a few posts of passionate people bother you that much to the point of losing hope in humanity.... well humanity probably isn't the problem here...

I'm one of those who like Sylvanna story... what she went through...her relationship with her sisters, her existential crisis... so yea this video is kinda lame from my point of view on a character developpement base...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought you got that in a book in Vault of Wardens?
    You might, but when you're questing as a DH, you look into some soul pool or something and it plays, then when you come back to yourself the two of them are trading blows and you have to choose whether to continue following the principles of the Illidari or to act as an internal reformist with Altruis and harken back to more traditional DH values.

I personally like it, contrast. We haven't had much contrast in the story since Garrosh that inevitably set the tone of the Horde moving forward.

We had so much moral grey prior to this it felt like Seattle. And it always pops up when the "Big Bad Voodoo Titan Void Godlord Demon Man" crops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think this was all built up so the Dark Iron Dwarfs could have one of the best /silly voice emotes in game:P

0:59
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-31 at 04:54 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance