1. #2881
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,620
    Ajax getting to the final would be rather awesome.

  2. #2882
    The Lightbringer Xlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,612
    We will have either Ajax or Spurs in the final. Let that sink in...

  3. #2883
    I am Murloc! DrMcNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Posts
    5,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Jesus christ, what a fucking nailbiter.
    Erikson almost single-handedly fucked you there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    We will have either Ajax or Spurs in the final. Let that sink in...
    And the likelyhood of Barca/Liverpool taking it from either are pretty damn high.

  4. #2884
    Lul City. Damn it felt so good to see them celebrate so hard just to get fuked over by VAR.

  5. #2885
    Titan draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    12,857
    It really was beautiful to see them go from 100% elation to 100% dejection.

  6. #2886
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    3 of the 4 United defenders yesterday also started against Basel in 2011 when United were knocked out in the group stage... says enough about how United really need an overhaul.
    Yes! This here proves how bad work Manchester United has done the last 8 years. How these 3 defenders made it through Moyes, LvG and Mourinho is beyond me. But im not putting the blame on these 3 managers alone, but also on the club. Its been going in all kinds of directions without any sort of a plan at all.

    Manchester United has missed out on so many great talented young defenders since then, its shocking. A club on that size should be on the forefront in signing the next big players. What do they have? three shite defenders playing every week, despite they should have a role at most as a squad player.

    Ole needs to really clean up the squad. I thought Mourinho would do it, but he didnt do nearly enough.

    Smalling, Valencia, young, Mata, Matic, Jones/Bailly, Rojo, Sanchez can all go. Should probably keep maybe 1 CB as backup/squadplayer.

    Can sell Pogba to. Will get stupid amount of money and bring in new players. He is to much of a distraction and will never be the great midfielder people always say he will become. The odd good match, never delivers over time. he is not the player who stands up either when things are going bad.

    No matter. Point is Ole must clean up the squad and bring fresh air in. PLayers who wants to be there. Players who will give everything to play for the shirt and club. Im not looking for big names, but players that fit in. Great managers get players that suits the team he wants to build, not just bringing a big name.

    Look at Salah, Mane, De bruyne, B Silva and many more. non of them were big, but now are. YES - They were good before City/Lfc bought them, but they have taken steps since then and are now superstars with a much higher pricetag.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2019-04-18 at 09:00 AM.

  7. #2887
    Titan draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    12,857
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yes! This here proves how bad work Manchester United has done the last 8 years. How these 3 defenders made it through Moyes, LvG and Mourinho is beyond me. But im not putting the blame on these 3 managers alone, but also on the club. Its been going in all kinds of directions without any sort of a plan at all.

    Manchester United has missed out on so many great talented young defenders since then, its shocking. A club on that size should be on the forefront in signing the next big players. What do they have? three shite defenders playing every week, despite they should have a role at most as a squad player.

    Ole needs to really clean up the squad. I thought Mourinho would do it, but he didnt do nearly enough.

    Smalling, Valencia, young, Mata, Matic, Jones/Bailly, Rojo, Sanchez can all go. Should probably keep maybe 1 CB as backup/squadplayer.

    Can sell Pogba to. Will get stupid amount of money and bring in new players. He is to much of a distraction and will never be the great midfielder people always say he will become. The odd good match, never delivers over time. he is not the player who stands up either when things are going bad.

    No matter. Point is Ole must clean up the squad and bring fresh air in. PLayers who wants to be there. Players who will give everything to play for the shirt and club. Im not looking for big names, but players that fit in. Great managers get players that suits the team he wants to build, not just bringing a big name.

    Look at Salah, Mane, De bruyne, B Silva and many more. non of them were big, but now are. YES - They were good before City/Lfc bought them, but they have taken steps since then and are now superstars with a much higher pricetag.
    This is pretty much all correct. This team needs gutting.

  8. #2888
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

    Look at Salah, Mane, De bruyne, B Silva and many more. non of them were big, but now are. YES - They were good before City/Lfc bought them, but they have taken steps since then and are now superstars with a much higher pricetag.
    Agree with everything you say, and I get your point about players improving (rather than going down the pan at united) but let's not pretend these guys werent "big":

    You've got a £36 million club record in Salah

    The most expensive african player ever (at the time) in Mane

    City record £55 million signing in De Bruyne

    And Silva was £40m+

    It's not like these guys were random bargains

  9. #2889
    I am Murloc! Cairhiin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland/Holland
    Posts
    5,628
    Semi final is an Ajax reunion. Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Sanchez. All ex-Ajax. Gonna be good seeing Eriksen back in the Amsterdam Arena. Vertonghen has a girlfriend from Amsterdam. Both Vertonghen and Alderweireld have spoken about returning to Ajax at some point. Overmars tried to get both for coming season but was too early.

  10. #2890
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,420
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Can sell Pogba to. Will get stupid amount of money and bring in new players. He is to much of a distraction and will never be the great midfielder people always say he will become. The odd good match, never delivers over time. he is not the player who stands up either when things are going bad.
    So true. He's not consistent, and that's because of bad attitude, not a lack of ability. He only shows up when Matic and Herrera show up to do half his job for him; happy to show off and get the plaudits when it's easy for him, disappears when it gets tough. Don't want that kind of player around, it doesn't help anyone.

    Agree with a lot else as well, too many are past their best and previous managers have neither done anything to develop what we have, nor brought enough in to develop. I'll pin that at Mou's door, since he signed Lindelof and Dalot but never played them. At least under Ole they're getting minutes and showing promise.

  11. #2891
    Good, McLeish is sacked.

    Will probably be replaced by crap however, but probably not as crap as him.

  12. #2892
    Titan draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    12,857
    Was a bit of a laughing stock after those results, had to go really.

  13. #2893
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Agree with everything you say, and I get your point about players improving (rather than going down the pan at united) but let's not pretend these guys werent "big":

    You've got a £36 million club record in Salah

    The most expensive african player ever (at the time) in Mane

    City record £55 million signing in De Bruyne

    And Silva was £40m+

    It's not like these guys were random bargains
    Ofc not, but they werent the big big superstars like they are now. They were all players who showed promising signs of becoming really good. Imagine if LFC & City had to pay up for these players today. The pricetag would be atleast double. They are not doing good for teams just below the best, but are dominating among the best.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So true. He's not consistent, and that's because of bad attitude, not a lack of ability. He only shows up when Matic and Herrera show up to do half his job for him; happy to show off and get the plaudits when it's easy for him, disappears when it gets tough. Don't want that kind of player around, it doesn't help anyone.

    Agree with a lot else as well, too many are past their best and previous managers have neither done anything to develop what we have, nor brought enough in to develop. I'll pin that at Mou's door, since he signed Lindelof and Dalot but never played them. At least under Ole they're getting minutes and showing promise.
    Manchester United need good players, players who fits the club. Ole dont need to sign already top top players with insane pricetag. He needs to scout, identify and buy players who he and the club can develop to the next level.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Go on then Man U chaps give us some names for targets?

    You really are becoming what you mocked every other club for. Liverpool for living off thier history, Man City for spending big, Chelsea for flipping management, and Spurs for never winning anything worthwhile.

    Now all of them are flying and you decided to go down the NFL route. Become a brand not a club. Your problems are structural. You didnt keep up with the modern game.
    I could spend hundreds of hours scouting players for Manchester United and this thread, but I see no reason to do it. I spend my fair share of watching english, spanish, italian, german and various other leagues.

    Manchester United needs to do it and get the players that fits them. They cant just base everything on big names, pricetags and wages. Find the correct players and develop them into a strong team. Players like Messi & Ronaldo dont keep strolling in the doors every year(or even decade), a strong team is prio nr 1.

    BTW - The media just buz up random names every week. They all share one thing; insane pricetags and overhype.

  14. #2894
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,620
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd12345 View Post
    Go on then Man U chaps give us some names for targets?

    You really are becoming what you mocked every other club for. Liverpool for living off thier history, Man City for spending big, Chelsea for flipping management, and Spurs for never winning anything worthwhile.

    Now all of them are flying and you decided to go down the NFL route. Become a brand not a club. Your problems are structural. You didnt keep up with the modern game.
    Funnily enough it's more frustrating for us to see than you'd think. We didn't want this.

  15. #2895
    It's OK utd just need a passionate billionaire instead of the grubby glazers turning a profit. Does Manchester have any billionaires? Someone with a monopoly on the chippy shops maybe
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  16. #2896
    Console.Write("Title"); Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium, EU
    Posts
    6,620
    Just to clarify, when I said "We didn't want this" I meant things like not meeting Herrera's wage demand, or giving Jones and Young contract extensions, or paying Sanchez absurd money to warm the bench. A lot of the decisions being made are ludicrous and I'm uneducated as to who's making them (Ed Woodward?) but it has to change or United will be in this state for many more seasons to come.

  17. #2897
    Giroud really needs to start over Higuain.
    Feel sorry for that sexy bastard

  18. #2898
    lovely strike Lacazette

  19. #2899
    In danger of going out of the Europa League to a bunch of farmers.

  20. #2900
    Arsenal vs Benfica final would be nice

    oh well, Chelsea should beat Frankfurt
    Last edited by sheffield; 2019-04-18 at 08:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •