Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    They just wanted to bake, but it turned into a game which then escalated. Boys will be boys.
    Imagine actually being this stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Here's the thing. This was a vile, disgusting, terrible and horrific act. This should not be tolerated in any civilized society, and we should ensure that the guilty are held accountable for their actions.

But... They are also owed due process. They haven't been convicted of a crime. Establishing punishment without being given the right to defend themselves is also something that a just society should never do. The same applies to death threats against them or their families. A second crime, no matter how well intentioned, does not benefit the situation.

The boys should absolutely stand trial. Should they be convicted, they should suffer the appropriate punishment as decided by the court. The lady should be supported and helped. This is where the community should rally. To help her, and also help make sure that awful situations like this one never happen again.

I am in no way supporting what they did. However, I think people are making a mountain out of an anthill. We've all done silly and in this case stupid things. No need to ruin the futures of children just to make yourselves feel better - virtue signalling makes me sick to my stomach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    On one hand anyone attacking the kid or their family is wrong to do so. On the other hand...

...Fuck em.
    Wise words, they are their own blame..

... actually no... Fuck 'em fully. They shouldn't have police protection. If they can't pay for their actions, then they shouldn't have done them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Legal system doing what it's supposed to do. In this case, prevent lynch parties.
    This is kinda how I feel. The kids were charged. They're pariahs. They don't need death threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Tell us, what type of consequences? They pelted someone with flour and eggs, so what is their consequences? Justice delivered from other people? Should they be beaten? or Pelted with flour and eggs as well?

I don't care if they get police protection, we gave Terrorists, Suspected Terrorists and even Hate preachers protection we handed police protection to Groomers, what they have done is far more worst, so are we now drawing the line at a nasty Prank?
    These scumbags took photographic evidence and gloated about assaulting an elderly disabled woman on social media. If they get bullied and beaten for the next few weeks, I say they deserve it, why should my taxes go towards protecting the scum that did this and then advertised it to the world? This could have been your Gran, or your friends Gran, would you call it just a "nasty prank" then? If someone does not show them that actions have consequences, what will these kids grow into?

If you are going to brag about assaulting old women and take pics posing with them to put on social media, as far as I am concerned, you deserve the hatred directed at you. The fact is, if they hadn't posted it on social media, they wouldn't need protecting, if they want protection they should pay for it themselves, not the taxpayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wise words, they are their own blame..

... actually no... Fuck 'em fully. They shouldn't have police protection. If they can't pay for their actions, then they shouldn't have done them.
    They were arrested and charged. They had to get bailed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    These scumbags took photographic evidence and gloated about assaulting an elderly disabled woman on social media. If they get bullied and beaten for the next few weeks, I say they deserve it, why should my taxes go towards protecting the scum that did this and then advertised it to the world? This could have been your Gran, or your friends Gran, would you call it just a "nasty prank" then? If someone does not show them that actions have consequences, what will these kids grow into?

If you are going to brag about assaulting old women and take pics posing with them to put on social media, as far as I am concerned, you deserve the hatred directed at you. The fact is, if they hadn't posted it on social media, they wouldn't need protecting, if they want protection they should pay for it themselves, not the taxpayer.
    Because of this thing called an "ethical judicial system."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    They were arrested and charged. They had to get bailed out.
    Getting bailed out doesn't mean they paid for their actions. Just means someone had money to save their asses from actually regretting what they did.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Death threats are overkill, pun intended. But those need to be taught a lesson in respect and humiliation. I feel better knowing at least one kid's parents acted responsibly. I believe these sort of actions are rooted in how you were brought up and reflect on the parents. As clearly one parent tried to play the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I am in no way supporting what they did. However, I think people are making a mountain out of an anthill. We've all done silly and in this case stupid things. No need to ruin the futures of children just to make yourselves feel better - virtue signalling makes me sick to my stomach.
    This wasn't just silly or stupid, they didn't steal something silly or commit petty vandalism, they targeted an elderly disabled woman and pelted her with eggs and flour and they obviously felt no remorse for their actions as shown by the fact the gathered around their cowering victim to take a selfie. I very much doubt that these kids have bright futures and even if they did, it is all self inflicted. James Gunn just got fired from Disney for some tasteless jokes he made on Twitter almost a decade ago. In this day and age employers screen applicants via social media, what sort of employer is going to give these pricks a job when they see this?

I'm not saying that they should be lynched, but if they want protecting from the people that they themselves incited, then they should pay for it out of their own pockets.
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Getting bailed out doesn't mean they paid for their actions. Just means someone had money to save their asses from actually regretting what they did.
    The legal charges are what I was talking about as far as paying for their own actions. Getting bailed out just explains how they're having a b-day party, and not still in jail after being arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying that they should be lynched, but if they want protecting from the people that they themselves incited, then they should pay for it out of their own pockets.
    You're not saying they should be lynched, you just don't think the government should do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of this thing called an "ethical judicial system."
    Fine, then protect them within the judical system and put them back in a cell until they have been sentenced. Giving them priority protection in the public domain shouldn't be anyone's responsibility but their own, they chose to post in Facebook and they chose to leave police custody, that's on them.

What the?! You are the king of virtue-signalling on these forums and potentially on any other message boards you frequent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The legal charges are what I was talking about as far as paying for their own actions. Getting bailed out just explains how they're having a b-day party, and not still in jail after being arrested.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not saying they should be lynched, you just don't think the government should do anything about it.
    No, I'm saying the government should not do anything extra to protect them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with this. These are punks and should be punished.
    Yep, I am not going to advocate for anyone to be as stupid or more than these kids, but yeah fuck em, they created the situation. This kind of cruelty shouldn't require someone else's to pay for it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This is why they should bring back flogging. A couple of lashes each and everyone would be satisfied, they could have their birthday party, the boy just might walk with a bit of a limp for a while.

And he recidivism rate after a flogging has got to be pretty damn low.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a game, and with all the bullshit I see where people are like (It's just a joke bro) fuck that. They will live, nobody is going to kill them, and much less likely harm in any physical way, but this should ruin their lives and make them very sorry for a long time.

No, I'm saying the government should not do anything extra to protect them.
    Again, they're receiving death threats. You don't think the police should do anything about that. You think, even though the legal system is going to punish them, that's not enough. They also shouldn't receive the same government services you would receive if you were receiving death threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This is why they should bring back flogging. A couple of lashes each and everyone would be satisfied, they could have their birthday party, the boy just might walk with a bit of a limp for a while.

And he recidivism rate after a flogging has got to be pretty damn low.
    No, they shouldn't they should be charged with physical assault and it should stand on their permanent record.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They seem like jerks but if they there are legitimate threats they should be protected like any one else.