Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wotlk > tbc > mop = legion >>> cata > wod > bfa (unless something really radical happens in the following patches)
    Last edited by Tripax; 2018-12-19 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    the worst wow expansion is still better than almost any game you would play.
    Its not the case with Bfa. The worst garbage in mmo history.

Deleted
    BFA for sure, the retards at blizzard entertainment really fucked up this time.

BFA. First time I quit WoW since Classic, and that was due to time restrictions, not boredom.

Legion.

It had all the bad systems introduced in the earlier expansions of course, so can't blame Legion alone.

All you did that expansion was farm Artifact appearences. That was your "carrot on a stick" for everything.

Mythic+. It is incredbly lazy to just make a dungeon scale indefinatly and call it "content". It also ruined raiding even more. Suddenly you were expected to not only show up to raids 3 times a week, but also get gear in M+ so we could progress in the raid itself.

PvP was horrible. No item impact was a dumb decision. Random gear drop was dumb. The ilvl of the gear dropping from it was worse than what you got from random world quests...

As a Hunter, MM's Voulnerable mechanic sucked unbeleveably bad. Survival was unfinnished spec. BM was boring as hell. BfA improved every single of these specs.

Also all the fel green zones, mobs, dungeons and raids.

Only thing I liked in Legion was the Challenge mode single player stuff. Actually took some skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD is still #1 on the turd-o-meter but BfA is coming on strong. I've never lost my enthusiasm faster into an expansion than I have during BfA.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    TBC, MoP and Legion top tier
    Cata mid tier
    Wotlk, WoD bottom tier

BFA for me I would place in mid tier but closer to bottom tier than top tier (so below Cata) so far, but no point ranking it yet as we're 4 months in
    I almost fell in love with you, for posting that list.

Just switch Cata and MoP
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Pandaria, easily. Every other expansion had at least one decent redeeming quality, but that one had basically nothing important to my liking.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD without a doubt, just about everything during that expansion was a disappointment, after that it's hard to say, a lot of people like to complain about some xpacs for one reason or another, but WoD just pushed the bar so low in so many aspects that whatever came next could only be seen as god tier. My personal rating, from good to bad would be this:
    1 WotLK + MoP
    2 Cata + TBC
    3 legion (fuck legiondaries, worst gear progession in the game)
    4 WoD

I didn't rate vanilla, it's not an expansion and it would probably end up at 1. BfA isn't finished and I think blizz can redeem the story and some of the existing. Most people like to cry and whine about current xpacs, so that's nothing new. Every expac has it's issues, I think that BfA isn't as great as top tier expansions, but it has already surpassed WoD in just about every way and for me and the azerite system is far better than the failed legiondaries shitshow, though it doesn't have any suramar calibre zone. Unfortunately I can't play, as my commitments to school demand too much time, I heavily regret putting so much time into WoD and Legion.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I won't lie, WoD was absolutely horrible, with an ENTIRE patch dedicated to a SELFIE camera with twitter integration.. anyway, I still voted for Cata because I felt like coming from likely one of if not the best expac of all time WRATH.. Cata felt prettttttttty awful

It's hard to argue against World of Garrisons (WoD), but damn BFA is doing its best to challenge it. The entire progression system of this expansion is IMO fundamentally flawed, and no amount of tweaks are fixing it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Just going through old polls of mine. Interesting that more folks hate vanilla then WOTLK.
    Perhaps Wrath was actually the rumored golden age.
    Or people put on rose tinted goggles when looking back at vanilla-wrath.

BFA was my vote.

Why? Because it was so full of empty promises, and absolute ignorance and unwillingness to listen to the mountains and mountains of feedback. It's obviously rushed, the systems in it are awful, and there is not one redeeming quality about it whatsoever, other than the stat squish, which they still managed to fuck up by implementing already exponentially scaling stats.

It's absurd. I hate it so much.

WoD. I personally don't think it's fair to judge BFA yet, even though if I had to rank it somewhere it's just above WoD.

MoP and Legion was my favorite expansions.
    The legendary cloak quest chain and Timeless Isle was pretty fun. Spent most of my time there, PvP-ing and farming rares.

In Legion I really liked the class hall quests and I have leveled all my alts to 110 and still planning to get all the class mounts.
    Still missing some tho.

"Do I care for the lives of mortals? No. Do you care for the lives of ants that crawls beneath your feet?"

Signature by the awesome Winter Blossom

WoD, without question. Had absolutely nothing to do, and very little new content for the expansion.
    Even if you dislike BFA, you are being very selfish to say its the worst, because it has added many new features and ways to play, and still has massively more to do daily than WoD.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

BC, WOTLK & MoP were pretty great. I loved those xpacs from start to finish. Cata was allright enough. I enjoyed Legion, but I didnt start playing it until about halfway into it.

WOD was a huge pile of shite and the reason I waited longer to play Legion lol.

BfA has been OK so far. Hard to judge when we havent played whole of BfA yet. Hopefully we the best is yet to come this xpac..

Im a different player now than before and that probably affects my view on each xpac. BfA probably fits me more now than lets say BC would today.

Well since BfA isn't over yet I feel I can't pick it however for overall bad PR and how much of a clustertruck the expansion has been BFA is legit the worst thing from blizzard I've ever played. WoD If I'm picking complete/past expansions. I'll never understand the hate for Cata unless maybe you didn't raid or sucked at the game and couldn't do heroic dungeons or something. I know as someone who raided and did the hardest content that expansion was excellent until LFR/Dragon Soul.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

BFA by a far mile.

Class design is trash.

WOD comes close second since content was trash, but classes were fun to play.

last 3 expansions are all dogshit, but since they're getting progressively worse you can take a guess which one is the worst one