Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    TBC.
    I hate Outland. I hate Draenei (who weren't anything like what they should have been if they had actually stuck to their own lore). I hate high elves for the horde (screw you China!). I hated the dungeons, the raids. I even hated Illidan and I LIKED him in Warcraft 3.
    Tbc was full of utter crap and imo the only reason it's liked so much is because people were still on a vanilla high back then. It was an unacceptably bad expansion.

As for the probable 'winner' of this thread; WoD just had a severe lack of content/updates. But what was there, was miles ahead of anything in TBC.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc28be1ad6ab View Post
    TBC.
    I hate Outland. I hate Draenei (who weren't anything like what they should have been if they had actually stuck to their own lore). I hate high elves for the horde (screw you China!). I hated the dungeons, the raids. I even hated Illidan and I LIKED him in Warcraft 3.
    Tbc was full of utter crap and imo the only reason it's liked so much is because people were still on a vanilla high back then. It was an unacceptably bad expansion.

As for the probable 'winner' of this thread; WoD just had a severe lack of content/updates. But what was there, was miles ahead of anything in TBC.
    You hate me? Y tho?

MOP. Since I hate homogenization and pandas are annoying

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Cata is the worst for me. Which is strange in some ways. I did like the revamp I liked Nazmir and Uldum, but I hate leveling through Cata content. Maybe it was because I leveled each class to max during Cata, but I really am fed up with the Cata Content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    You hate me? Y tho?
    Because drainos that's why
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    We are completely different from that plumbing liquid!

- - - Updated - - -

@TheramoreIsTheBomb
    Did you forget this exists

Wod with BfA a very close second. Unless something dramatic happens BfA will give WoD a run for its money.

Well the poll was started shortly before BfA launch, maybe we should ask players again right now... pretty sure it'll look a bit different and a lot more in favor of Cataclysm and a lot worse for BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD-Worst
    BfA-Almost as bad
    MoP-Mixed, more bad than good
    TBC-Meh
    Cataclysm-Mixed, more good than bad
    Legion-Very good
    ICC-Best
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    As a normal raider who does mythics and has done several exalted grinds this expac...
    What's the hate?

10+ Year Old Account
    after playing WotLK after classic and TBC it was the biggest let down i've ever experienced and made me quit the game...

looking back some expansions might've been worse but for me .. at the time .. it sucked the life out of the game for me
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Months into the expansion, I can say with certainty that for me, BFA is the worst of all, including WoD.

Let's hope things will get better in 9.0.

From an rpg perspective, vanilla. It was the closest to the EQ AD&d feeing. That said, I do think classes were better balanced and raids better in tbc. Wotlk has maybe the best art and story, MoP the best pvp balance, legion the most fun casual play. Bfa has nothing of value to add to the discussion for me personally

Edit: clearly I thought this was a best thread ugh. Damn coffee speed read

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Why the hate for Legion, if I may ask?
    deathbrain classes without class fantasy, boring specs, many base line abilities cutted off only for being added to the artifact pool of abilities. you, ordinary hero, one from many is placed in hero-godlike enviroment just to be "a hero of the actual story/lore", what a pile of BS, never again pls

edit: next time i see a full orgrimmar of paladins (or insert any other class) running with ashbringer (or insert some other godlike artifact weapon from lore) like it is some ordinary weapon, i will literally puke
    Last edited by Ajko; 2019-06-03 at 12:34 PM.

Come on, the worst of the bunch was obvious and the poll reflects that. People saying "BFA IS DA WURST!" are spewing nothing but hyperbole when compared to an expansion that had only 2 major content patches, one of which can be summarized as "The Twitter Update!" It's not even comparable in the slightest. BFA isn't the best expansion in the world but we are far past the point of it slipping up enough to be worse than WoD as it already has more content than WoD with at least one more major content patch after 8.2 most likely.

Worst part about WoD, it actually had some good raids and dungeons. BRF is a monument to a fantastically done raid in terms of design, aesthetics, mechanics, difficulty scale, ect. What a shame WoD turned out the way it did.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Months into the expansion, I can say with certainty that for me, BFA is the worst of all, including WoD.

Let's hope things will get better in 9.0.
    As I said, we need to restart this poll as BfA hasn't been launched back then but it still was included in the poll and garnered a lot of disdain even before it's release.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As I said, we need to restart this poll as BfA hasn't been launched back then but it still was included in the poll and garnered a lot of disdain even before it's release.
    Even that won't be able to get an objective picture, because quite a lot of folks who'd vote "BFA is worst" just left and stopped checking news. We lost a lot of people. Player activity is lower than it ever was - lower than the previous lowest point mid-summer right before BFA by something like 30%. And we aren't at the end of the expansion, we are in the middle of it, right before the big mid-expansion patch. Things are quite likely going to drop down even more as we move into the second half of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Byucknah The Red View Post
    Come on, the worst of the bunch was obvious and the poll reflects that. People saying "BFA IS DA WURST!" are spewing nothing but hyperbole when compared to an expansion that had only 2 major content patches, one of which can be summarized as "The Twitter Update!" It's not even comparable in the slightest. BFA isn't the best expansion in the world but we are far past the point of it slipping up enough to be worse than WoD as it already has more content than WoD with at least one more major content patch after 8.2 most likely.

Worst part about WoD, it actually had some good raids and dungeons. BRF is a monument to a fantastically done raid in terms of design, aesthetics, mechanics, difficulty scale, ect. What a shame WoD turned out the way it did.
    BfA is fucking terrible. So many people I know have quit and the rest are considering it. WoD didn't have content yea but what 'content' does BfA even have? Daily- I mean World Quests that we've been doing for years? Island expeditions that are just reskins of Scenarios? Amazingly awful class design. An extremely boring and grindy neck. All that shit is unrewarding as fuck too. In my eyes, BfA IS the worst expansion and although I'm still open to it rising from this spot on my list, I don't see much hope given the design philosophy of BfA. I hope Blizz hires people that actually play video games to work on WoW.

I think the poll is overfilled with bots or something.