View Poll Results: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Voters
2259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vanilla

86 3.81%
  • TBC

76 3.36%
  • WotLK

46 2.04%
  • Cata

381 16.87%
  • MOP

155 6.86%
  • WOD

1,089 48.21%
  • Legion

143 6.33%
  • BFA (Just starting, why u pick? -_-)

283 12.53%
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...
    BfA is already worst than WoD in my book. At least in WoD I could make some gold and buy stuff.

I've enjoyed all of them.

Least favorite is WoD due to the cut raid and devs jumping ship. Environmentally it's gorgeous, the raids that were there were very fun. Draenor had amazing potential. It's unfortunate that the emergent garrison style gameplay ended up tanking what WoW should be about.

I would argue that there really has not been a *bad* expansion. Just mistakes and holes in the vision at certain points along the way that made the experience poor. (Such as Azerite Armor).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    BfA is already worst than WoD in my book. At least in WoD I could make some gold and buy stuff.
    Agreed. There's not a lot of gold available in the game.

Agreed. As awful as the garrison was, there was still some degree of pleasure to be had in managing it and doing things with it. The only enjoyment I'm getting out of BfA is the warfronts and they're not really fantastic and only once a month anyway.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

BFA is infinitely worse than WOD or anything Cata managed, then i see posts saying BC or Legion as the worst.. can you be more out of touch.

TBC - by a long shot, vanilla had the levelling experience - TBC was about the end game and there was bugger all to do at 70.
    "Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault"
    Donald J. Trump - 6:37PM, 8th May 2013

To me the issue with BFA is that the entire first month felt like the opposite of progression. Some of the minor cosmetic changes contributed to this. For example:

Scaling mobs feels shitty. "Hahaha, you dinged, so now I hit you harder!" It's much better to be like, "You dinged, go to that new zone with stronger enemies!"

Losing the artifact abilities and legendaries was a huuggee blow to most classes leaving them feeling very weak. You can argue that the issue is we were given too much in Legion; regardless, I've never felt like I lost so much when a new expansion came out.

In the end, instead of feeling like, "hey, let's go attack these stronger enemies, holy shit they are kicking our asses!" it was "hey, let's take away all your power and let you get beat on by the same guys you roflstomp right now!"

And what could feel more like the opposite of progression than azerite nonsense! "Hey, you got this new higher level neck... put it on so your dps goes down until you unlock it in 6 weeks!"

Sharding also makes it less fun. I remember Cata launch; running around with TONS of people was lots of fun. Those days are gone forever.

Then m+ is just awful. They seem to think that we enjoy endless mobs and threading our way through thousands of packs of adds. We don't.

I would comment on raiding, but I unsubbed before I ever got to it.
    Last edited by Tonus; 2018-11-13 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by James240 View Post
    BFA is infinitely worse than WOD or anything Cata managed,
    BfA by definition is better than WoD or anything earlier - because BfA has everything earlier + more stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    To me the issue with BFA is that the entire first month felt like the opposite of progression.
    That's not BfA - that is EVERY expansion.
    "Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault"

If I were a more hardcore player, I’d say WoD, but having been something more of a casual player from WotLK onward I’d have to say Cata. Leveling through Azeroth was always a joy before Cata and while the 1-60 revamp was interesting for leveling a couple of alts through, it quickly lost its sheen and has aged very badly. These days I find myself loathing 1-60 despite having played through it several tens fewer times than I ran through pre-cata 1-60.

Thankfully original 1-60 is coming back in the form of Classic, but even after that comes out I’ll still play modern WoW, so I hope that sometime soon 1-60 gets a new (hopefully more timeless) revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's not BfA - that is EVERY expansion.
    Nope. BFA is different (well except for Legion) because in previous expansions things got harder as you progressed into more and more difficult zones. In this expansion, things just scale up faster than you do, which is very silly. The degree of the pruning was also fairly extreme, and if you're class is anything like mine, you got absolutely nothing new to compensate for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    TBC - by a long shot, vanilla had the levelling experience - TBC was about the end game and there was bugger all to do at 70.
    i agree mostly, but still i think WoD was worse, TBC is on level with cata for me

Nope. BFA is different
    Nope.. been the same since I walked into Hellfire and started losing power.

BfA is only perceived to be different because your iLvl went down.

Well if you base it off the comments on the various forums it's <CURRENT EXPANSION>. And any of the <PREVIOUS EXPANSION> suddenly gets all rose colored and people start eating member berries.

In the end, instead of feeling like, "hey, let's go attack these stronger enemies, holy shit they are kicking our asses!" it was "hey, let's take away all your power and let you get beat on by the same guys you roflstomp right now!"
    Personally I prefer this way to keep the different zones relevant and to be able to choose my levling path.

And I don't understand people who had issues while leveling. Neither on my priest or rogue I noticed any big bump in difficulty when I dinged. It felt quite smooth.
    I can't imagine the zones without that scaling. My rogue already destroys enemy mobs in 2 seconds with 372 gear. If some enemies were still 110-115 level it would feel like you were doing WQs and farming in vanilla.

I don't see the fun in one shotting mobs just because you reached max level.

They all have their pros and cons.
    I had the least fun in WoD and MoP though...
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Grind wise Cata was fairly casual friendly for me and PuG raiding despite the hate for it was still very active on my realm even during Firelands and was able to get a two week old alt into a PuG Firelands group pre-nerf. Would of taken me at least a month if not more to get into an ICC group with the 30% buff. PuGs ToGC groups was still active a year later for a reason on my realm. Few PuGs cleared 9/12 ICC pre RS while was common with T12. Lets not forget MoP lost almost as much subs as Cata and made for the shift to value services to offset subscriber loss.

Legion on the other hand took the mistakes that GC and his boss Chiltion admitted was mistakes during Cata and MoP and gave it the finger because fuck non-raiders.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2018-11-13 at 09:03 AM.

The Patient
    mop was just stupid, let go to another land and corrupt it ..really .. hate panda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrath, because it brought an end to the greatest villain Blizzard ever made, and they did it way too early in Warcraft's tenure.

WoD was for me the worst expansion, after a year of Siege of Orgrimmar having an entire new expansion focusing on Orcs and Horde (Iron Horde but the theme is similar) was just a too much for me. This is also probably why MoP was my favorite expansion, because it got us some new story where Blizz creativity could actually run loose - and no I don't care about pandarens but I can see past it.