Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    In the end, instead of feeling like, "hey, let's go attack these stronger enemies, holy shit they are kicking our asses!" it was "hey, let's take away all your power and let you get beat on by the same guys you roflstomp right now!"
    Personally I prefer this way to keep the different zones relevant and to be able to choose my levling path.

And I don't understand people who had issues while leveling. Neither on my priest or rogue I noticed any big bump in difficulty when I dinged. It felt quite smooth.
    I can't imagine the zones without that scaling. My rogue already destroys enemy mobs in 2 seconds with 372 gear. If some enemies were still 110-115 level it would feel like you were doing WQs and farming in vanilla.

I don't see the fun in one shotting mobs just because you reached max level.

They all have their pros and cons.
    I had the least fun in WoD and MoP though...

Grind wise Cata was fairly casual friendly for me and PuG raiding despite the hate for it was still very active on my realm even during Firelands and was able to get a two week old alt into a PuG Firelands group pre-nerf. Would of taken me at least a month if not more to get into an ICC group with the 30% buff. PuGs ToGC groups was still active a year later for a reason on my realm. Few PuGs cleared 9/12 ICC pre RS while was common with T12. Lets not forget MoP lost almost as much subs as Cata and made for the shift to value services to offset subscriber loss.

Legion on the other hand took the mistakes that GC and his boss Chiltion admitted was mistakes during Cata and MoP and gave it the finger because fuck non-raiders.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2018-11-13 at 09:03 AM.

Deleted

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    mop was just stupid, let go to another land and corrupt it ..really .. hate panda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrath, because it brought an end to the greatest villain Blizzard ever made, and they did it way too early in Warcraft's tenure.

WoD was for me the worst expansion, after a year of Siege of Orgrimmar having an entire new expansion focusing on Orcs and Horde (Iron Horde but the theme is similar) was just a too much for me. This is also probably why MoP was my favorite expansion, because it got us some new story where Blizz creativity could actually run loose - and no I don't care about pandarens but I can see past it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Now that 8.1 is out, my vote is still solidly Cata.

TBC, MoP and Legion top tier
    Cata mid tier
    Wotlk, WoD bottom tier

BFA for me I would place in mid tier but closer to bottom tier than top tier (so below Cata) so far, but no point ranking it yet as we're 4 months in

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata, WoD or Legion/BFA, difficult to say whichever was worse. BFA made it easy to break the WoW habit though.

Vote is solidly in the MoP was the worst expansion of all time. Nothing will ever come close to how shit it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Vote is solidly in the MoP was the worst expansion of all time. Nothing will ever come close to how shit it was.
    Nono, you have it all wrong, MoP was THE BEST!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    First time I stopped playing the game was during WOD. The first month was kinda good but After that it all fell apart. Only good thing about it is my Warlock transmog.

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA for now...

For every expac, I had something that kept me wanting to come on for at least an hour every day. Right now, I struggle to have the drive to get on once every five days. Never happened before.

Hoping something changes at some point..... in which case, would end up at WoD

Cata, it ruined the 1-60 experience.

Vanilla. Buggy mess, horrible class balancing, simplistic boss encounters, maze like dungeons, the list goes on.
    Granted, I will concede it was a new, shiny experience and exploring was great for most players, but if you look at a game with today’s standards, it was terrible. Vanilla had almost everything wrong with it that new games get blasted with hate for having. The difference is that the game was something shiny and new, and is remembers in fondness. Nothing wrong with that, and I’m not saying people are wrong for remembering it that way; however, when games these days get released with buggy servers where people can’t play, buggy characters/specs, and all the other issues that plagued vanilla, they would receive 1-10% reviews on critic sites and 2/10 scores.
    Hell, it took the entirety of the xpac to get close to balancing and it still wasn’t well done. There’s a reason Blizz chose to release Classic at the final patch.

As someone that's played since vanilla, id say vanilla or BC

Yeah that's the thing. None of them were terrible, some were just slightly better

Hard to decide between Cata and WoD. Both were boring (endgame content) in their own way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy as it might sound, I actually went with Legion.

While it brought a lot of good things to the game, it also brought a ton of RNG with it, enough to overwhelm most of the fun systems. Legiondaries IMO really played into a "rich get richer" system where those that got good legendaries at the start were often considered stronger group members and got better gear through Master Loot-based guilds looking at parse numbers to make such decisions. As they could drop from pretty much any sort of in-game content, this forced a sort of grind mentality that you always had to be on your main doing things like M+, even if there was nothing else to really gain aside from another chance at that loot. That is of course if the right legendary even dropped for you...if you got the wrong legendary, you lost that bad luck protection and might well have little to show for it.

Combine that with a grinderiffic system of Paragon bags with mounts that seemingly never came out of the bags, Artifact Power you'd constantly need to push for and could only put towards one weapon at a time (hope you aren't off-spec in raids), gear that could titanforge/warforge at any time, and a full zone completely locked behind max level, it could feel almost punishing if you wanted to play an alt. Ah, but therein lies the rub...as each class had their own mounts/artifacts/order halls/quest lines, you kind of needed to play that alt in order to see the full story. Additionally, professions each had their own quests, so you'd need to get that alt up there if you wanted to see the profession quests. Playing that alt of course came with a price, as you'd often discover when the good legendary dropped for your alt when your main couldn't touch it.