Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im currently subbed but just not logging in so more fool me but yea bfa seems to be really fucking boring for me at mo.
    Hopefully a bit of life with next patch and old god stuff which i kinda like apart from that yapping eyeball on me forehead but i wanna see where it leads.

BfA was my choice.... but Legion and WoD were just as bad.

But BfA is the first expansion I did not buy/play. I was in beta for 3 hours and could nto find an ounce of interest.

I no longer recognize this game as WoW... ti's something entirely different. And while i respect those who want this game... it's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    So WoD is superior because YOU liked class design better and the first 2 weeks were not complete trash. (and then everyone ran out of content for 2 years)
    OK
    but... the first 2 weeks of wod were super trash, so trash they gave everyone free sub time to make up for it.

The last 3 i haven't really enjoyed a whole lot, but BfA went overboard with CRZ and sharding so it's the worse expansion for me and it ruined Legion at times as well.

TBC, arena ruined pvp

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    For me personally?

Now? Battle for Azeroth.

No other expansion actually made me quit the game. Even managed to stay subbed through WoD, but BfA has finally had me leave for good. Is it a bad expansion? Probably not, but it is the worst for me, as it ended a 15 year long love affair with Blizzard.
    I haven't left for good, but BfA has definitely nuked my enthusiasm for the game. Even back in Legion I played more, and I took a year long break from the game in Legion. I'm just not having as much fun with BfA as I did even back in WoD, which had easy leveling for alts, enjoyable questing, good raiding, and lots of gold. I also found the appearance of the zones in WoD much nicer. Shadowmoon Valley, anyone?

And yes, the gold does probably play a part in things. WoD made me more gold (and saved me more money) than I'd ever made in the history of my playing this game. I got over a year worth of sub-time from Garrison gold! That should be taken into account too, IMO.

*votes BfA*

WoD for sure. Legion was pretty good but then they fumbled the ball with BFA which isn't doing so hot for me.

Here is hoping for another Legion like expansion next.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    It did that in Legion, imo. In Legion, mythic+ was fresh and had good dungeons with less trash(my perception) imo. Kara was awesome. One could also raid and get a set bonus. It was great. I don't like the move towards more generic gear. If anything, give mythic+ its own set bonus somehow. That would add incentive instead of removing it. WoW can't afford to remove any more incentive to play. The reward structure sucks in bfa, imo. Gameplay is also worse, and was very fun in Legion. I can still remember playing a fire mage in early legion.
    Mained Fire ever since Legion, and the amputated version of BfA was a serious setback I can testify.
    No swappable legendaries and no set boni suck gearing wise.
    Legion M+ was fresh and fun, but BfA's dungeons are more suited to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes but actually no View Post
    You're both right and wrong, it wasn't cleared day 1 of expansion release but it was cleared day 1 of raid being entered, no guild had 25 80's on day 1 of wotlk release, it took time for people to actually level from 70-80. Most people were still wearing sunwell gear when they cleared it. There was a mage though who got to 80 in like 5 hours or something though i am sure, but i think it was a beta exploit can't find the information on it.
    No they literally cleared it day 1 https://www.method.gg/raid-history/wotlk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    So WoD is superior because YOU liked class design better and the first 2 weeks were not complete trash. (and then everyone ran out of content for 2 years)
    OK
    Intentionally missing the point or just stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You didn't say launch raids. You said ALL raids. Yeah Naxx was cleared quickly but literally every other raid was not cleared day one. But once again, it's impossible to reason with someone who thinks that WoD was vastly superior to BfA. At least BfA hasn't removed massive amounts of content, hasn't had gigantic content droughts, and doesn't have dumb as hell time travel bull shit lore.
    Yes because they cleared ICC on expansion launch? Ofc I meant launch raids. Naxx, Obsidian Sanctum, EoE and VoA all done day 1.

Yeah not BfA has Garrosh 2.0, Tyrande getting "revenge" by getting black eyes :O , time gating (just like WoD), the worst class design with WoD close behind, and infinite grind shit fests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    Yes because they cleared ICC on expansion launch? Ofc I meant launch raids. Naxx, Obsidian Sanctum, EoE and VoA all done day 1.

Yeah not BfA has Garrosh 2.0, Tyrande getting "revenge" by getting black eyes :O , time gating (just like WoD), the worst class design with WoD close behind, and infinite grind shit fests.
    Classic and TBC had grind shit fests. Attunements are literally just a different form of time gating and were everywhere in Classic and TBC but people claim that that gating was fun for some reason. Sylvanas' arc is bad sure but it's not nearly as bad as the story of WoD which went from Iron Horde to SUDDENLY LEGION LAWL. I can't really argue the class design though it's not as bad as people claim.

Also, as I said, your phrasing made it sound like every time a raid came out it was cleared on day one. The launch raids were meant to be easy to introduce people to the start of the expansion. TBC launch raids were easy as hell too.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Waking up to an argument is always nice. Please, do continue arguing about WOD vs BFA when we all know TBC and CATA were literally worse for the same reasons, or even more so.
    TBC's zones take up as much space as about 1/4th of the continent of Azeroth in the Eastern Kingdoms.
    That zone design would not sit well with the community had it been released post Cata. Lots of retcons that pissed players off including the Draenei>Broken conversion.
    Cata had fewer zones, released fucking Vashj'ir, and fucked a lot of major characters over. We are still feeling Cata's shit story impact today, more so then we are of WOD which was like two expansions ago.
    Cata had what, a couple new zones including fucking vashj'ir, and we still feel the impact of Cata's shitty story.
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-06-04 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Either a mod snipped my opinion on cata or phone posting had an issue.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they were praised and still to this day people compliment dungeons even when bashin the expansion as a whole, people were desperate for M+ to be applied to WoD dungeons when M+ was announced for legion, as for cata dungeons, they were great too, especially at the beginning before they were nerfed to oblivion because too many cry babies couldn't aoe them down like wotlk.
    I don't think people wanted M+ to be applied to WoD dungeons because of their quality lol, but because people wanted more dungeons for M+ and those were the most recent, but okay, you go with that.

As Google, it's interesting that you didn't link of those "praise threads". But to be fair, I can find threads praising any old trash in WoW.

You really prove my point about people bashing expansions for no reason other than seeing other people do it, because you clearly have no idea why cataclysm and wod get bashed so much, wods content was excellent, its problem was quantity and reason to do it.
    Wow. It seems like you're unable to follow the argument at all.

I played WoD. I did not enjoy the dungeons. I thought they were most sinful of dungeons - boring dungeons full of boring encounters. They weren't particularly challenging, just mildly irritating and quite boring. There were a couple that were decent, but most were sub-par.

Claiming I'm saying that "because I saw other people do it", just shows you don't have any kind of rational argument, or anything useful to say, but rather are engaging in a fannish "NO U!" ad hominem attack on me. Sad really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    And yes, the gold does probably play a part in things. WoD made me more gold (and saved me more money) than I'd ever made in the history of my playing this game. I got over a year worth of sub-time from Garrison gold! That should be taken into account too, IMO.
    This very well illustrates why things people see as "positives" are often EXTREMELY BAD for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsoni View Post
    No they literally cleared it day 1
    I suggest you read the link you keep posting because it quite literally states pretty much exactly what i said.
    "The re-dux had literally no changes to it and was quite a poor launch to raiding in the expansion. This time around Kel'thuzad lived all of three days (or zero since they entered the raid)."

Eurhetemec
    I could mention the fact that i am not allowed to post links on a freshly made mmo champ account likewise i cannot even use the mention feature but honestly your entire post just deserves a special

K

10+ Year Old Account
    BfA is only about half over, it really shouldn't be an option until 9.0 comes out.

I voted for Cata since it's the expansion I had the least interest in playing. WoD is 2nd worst.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This very well illustrates why things people see as "positives" are often EXTREMELY BAD for the game.
    Oh, I'm not saying it was good for the game, just that it was good for me. I saved a couple hundred bucks thanks to it, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD. I quit in cataclysm so initially I was thinking Cata, but then I remembered I played it for atleast 6ish months before quitting. When I returned a month or so after the release of WoD, I didn't even make it past the first month before I felt bored and jumped ship.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally BFA has been the expansion that has had me the least excited to play. Dazar'alor was the first tier since TBC that I didnt partake in in any shape or form. And the next tier (I dont even know its name) will be the second. I don't feel comfortable claiming this means I think BFA is the worst expansion, because there are tons of different outside factors which can affect my interest. Like how much time I have to play, who I have to play with, which alteratives I have. To name a few.

Warlords of Draenor, easy choice.