Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So how exactly Nathanos escaped Orgrimmar?

I've watched the cinematics a few number of times. Done the loyalist arc as well.

Besides overall mess atm and no real conclusion to the whole story one thing really bothers me: How the hell Nathanos managed to get out of Orgrimmar?

I mean, he is standing on the walls of Orgrimmar just before the cinematic plays. Then suddenly he is at Windrunner Spire with Sylvanas. Did he get the hearthstone as well or? It would be improbable that he actually managed to just flee Orgrimmar like Sylvanas did in a cloud of smoke, especially with all gates surrounded and having Orgrimmar full of mad former loyalists after Sylvanas' outbreak.

HOW THE HELL DID HE GET OUT??
    S.H.

As much as I hate the guy, he's smart enough to have a way out of ever situation when it's time to blightcall a bag a dicks.

Backdoors. Also he prob. wasn't even there to begin with. The whole confrontation was just to use time and distract.

He rage-talked into a balloon and took off, obviously.

I never noticed him at all. I'll have to watch again. I suspect that he ,on the Horde side, and Tyrande on the Alliance, will refuse to accept the truce between the factions and will stir up further problems.

Sylvanas might be now effected by N'Zoth and that's why she left the Horde behind. She may come back as kind of a hero. Breaking away from N'Zoth like she did from Arthas.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2019-09-26 at 07:01 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I never noticed him at all. I'll have to watch again. I suspect that he ,on the Horde side, and Tyrande on the Alliance, will refuse to accept the truce between the factions and will stir up further problems.
    I have a hunch Blightcaller has no business to Orgrimmar after what Sylvanas pulled off.

Same here on both noticing him and his role afterwards. The only thing is, he was very close to Sylvanas, now a traitor. Are The Horde and Forsaken going to let him stick around (assuming he wants to) given his proximity to the ousted traitor? He's kind of a man without a country if he's not with Sylvanas.

Sylvanas might be now effected by N'Zoth and that's why she left the Horde behind. She may come back as kind of a hero. Breaking away from N'Zoth like she did from Arthas.
    You talk to him to start the cinematic, so even though it doesn't show him I doubt he perceived Sylvanas' outbreak while it was obvious that she wanted the siege and battle to happen.

Also both the Alliance as well as the traitors wouldn't let him be. He is as much hunted as Sylvanas.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The alliance and sadfangs covered exits. He outsmarted them by using enterance.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Backdoors. Also he prob. wasn't even there to begin with. The whole confrontation was just to use time and distract.
    No it wasn't, Sylvanas obviously wanted the battle to happen as she says in the loyalist aftermath - the war ended prematurely.
    Also Saurfang would have probably known about any possible backdoors.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think he's actually there, canonically speaking? The version of him on the ramparts is the static instance of him that's always there, just like his continued presence on the Banshee's Wail in Zandalar - he's present in case players need that NPC instance for some reason and to prevent issues with phasing. That is unless I missed a trick somewhere and he was actually involved in the denouement of the War Campaign.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Same here on both noticing him and his role afterwards. The only thing is, he was very close to Sylvanas, now a traitor. Are The Horde and Forsaken going to let him stick around (assuming he wants to) given his proximity to the ousted traitor? He's kind of a man without a country if he's not with Sylvanas.
    Hell, Rommath was a Nathanos-level ally of Kael'thas' back in the day. Was the one who passed along all of Illidan's teachings to the blood elf people which we slyly attributed to the Prince. Was horribly shaken when his leader went off the deep end and remained loyal to his people. Would be some very nice character development for Nathanos if he went along the same way.

The guy is quite talented. Remember it took one kiai to best his foes. Probably backdoor or he wasn't there to begin with.

I have only seen it as Alliance. Maybe only the Horde see Nathanos at the beginning. I saw Saurfang, Jaina, and Anduin.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Hell, Rommath was a Nathanos-level ally of Kael'thas' back in the day. Was the one who passed along all of Illidan's teachings to the blood elf people which we slyly attributed to the Prince. Was horribly shaken when his leader went off the deep end and remained loyal to his people. Would be some very nice character development for Nathanos if he went along the same way.
    Good point. Maybe without being Sylvanas' errand boy, he'll become likable now.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That is already out of the window, since he went after her like the loyal dog he is.

I believe Nathanos will be brutally killed by Tyrande.

Maybe Sylvanas did not tell him everything either, why would she?

The only aftermath I saw was with Jaina, Calia Menethil, and Derek Proudmoore.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is already out of the window, since he went after her like the loyal dog he is.
    Where did that happen? He wasn't seen at all during the entire war campaign part we just got.