Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How to solo Sinestra?

I forgot.

I pull her, second phase in, eggs are immune, kill some adds and she despawns.

It's been a while and I have no idea.

stay in melee range
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Keep dpsing her until some lines of dialogue are said by her/your ally npc. Then the eggs will become temporarily vulnerable. Once you destroy both, you can dps her down.

Been a while, so I couldn't tell you exactly what the rpg dialogue is

Having never solo'd her, isn't kalecgos an issue? Had to heal him to power him up enough to break the immunity back when it was current content, and if he died, it was a wipe.

Her immunity isn't based on him at all. She has a mana shield you need to dps through.

I did this a few days ago. Korialstrasz will say "Your powers are waning, Sinestra" or something to that regard. Stay in melee range of her and keep hitting her, while your camera is pointed towards an egg. You will see the aura effect of the egg disappear, and then you are free to go and nuke them both before going back to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Her immunity isn't based on him at all. She has a mana shield you need to dps through.
    Hm, guess I remember wrong then. Pretty sure healing him was a big part of getting through the phase.

Unless something significant has changed the fight, you pull and just keep DPSing her until the RP dialogue stuff happens and Sinestra and the elf do their harry potter/DBZ beam battle.

Just keep DPSing sinestra until the elf dies and gives you one last boost.

More DPS on until Sinestra draws power from the eggs, making them vulnerable.

Kill the eggs(the buff making them invuln should drop for more than long enough to accomplish this).

Kill the dragon.

If you're a slowass melee, like a pally or DK, save your sprint/leap/whatever until after you kill the first egg. If you REALLY suck and don't get there fast enough, you'll have to do another phase of DPSing Sinestra until the second egg becomes vulnerable again.

A LOT of this fight has nothing to do with how much DPS you're actually doing, and just waiting around for RP stages to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Hm, guess I remember wrong then. Pretty sure healing him was a big part of getting through the phase.
    It probably was when it closer to current but its not an issue now. You can just dps and he doesn't die.

P1 : DPS her ;
    P2 : Caelestrasz and Sinestra are doing a beam fight. DPS Sinestra. When Caelestrasz says something like "You're weakening Sinestra" and boss answers him, eggs will become vulnerable. Kill eggs.
    P3 : kill boss.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you sure that's still the case after the stat/item squish?
    I did it after the stat squish it depends on your gear YMMV.

Deleted
    Doesn't work, eggs still immune and she always despawns after.

Bug then. Report it and hope it gets fixed. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Deleted
    Never mind, after a couple of tries it worked (but yes, it is a little bugged).

Thanks everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    Never mind, after a couple of tries it worked (but yes, it is a little bugged).

Thanks everyone.
    The fight works by the mana of synestra and cael. As cael loses hp his mana drops. If he has less mana than synestra she wins the battle and the eggs stay immune. I was able to get her mana down quickly for one egg, but had to heal cael so he gained more mana otherwise synestra's mana would bug out a little and it would be impossible for her to lose the second fight.

Most of the time this is an issue because you’re dpsing sinestra too quickly and the dialogue/rp for the eggs to become attackable doesn’t properly trigger. I’ve found the best way to ensure this doesn’t happen is to melee sinestra when she goes into the second phase without using additional abilities. This will drain her mana at a more “normal” rate and prevent the rp/dialogue from failing to remove the immunity from the egg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    back when it was current, korialstrasz would 'wane' in power when she focused him draining his health/mana and healing him would restore his health/mana and push his beam back so he didn't get overwhelmed and die, outside of not getting 1 shot by the twilight cutter and not standing in gloop left behind when adds die that was the only major thing healers had to worry about in that phase.

as to the OP, you simply attack sinestra until her mana drops, there's a bit of back and forth between her and NPC, then you kill adds that spawn once enough have died (think it was 2 waves) she will claim she is all powerful and we will pay for making her use the twilight eggs power to bolster her own that's when they become vulnerable, you simply get in range of one, kill it, move to the other, kill it, then get to korialstrasz he will 'die' giving you the gift of the red then you just kill sinestra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Are you sure that's still the case after the stat/item squish?
    Yes...Nothing has changed (killed her yesterday)

Just try not to kill her too fast or it tends to bug out more.

Stand in melee, wait for eggs to become attack-able, and done