Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To me, that goes without saying.
    And secondly, it doesn't give you much to discuss on a mechanical level.



    Elemental wasn't strong during Beta, it's bogus.
    I'm too lazy to dig out the aura nerfs that happened ~2months before BfA release, only for Blizzard to roll them back during the pre patch already.

    My honest opinion is that, first off, Blizzard rather keeps a spec down than make it OP, OP specs cause problems to everyone, underpowered specs only to themselves.

    Second, Elemental has no lobby among the developers that mages, rogues and warlocks have (the warlock / mage part is even sort of confirmed).
    Elemental (or certain other hybrid specs such as Sp,Feral and Enhance) are simply specs no one in the dev team gives a shit about and so they move down the priority list.

    You think it's an accident that rogues,mages and warlocks constantly receive at least one OP spec?
    Shaman also has two dps specs, yet a class with three dps specs manages to receive at least one decent, yet Shaman constantly has two bad ones.
    I'm talking about Blizzard's baseline. Blizzard weakened ele according to its criteria, and became a useless spec as they wanted. It happened in legion and WoD, and it is still happening. Why does not we complain about this? I can not understand. The initial dps of ele was always bad. This is no coincidence. These people just talk about the utility. The biggest problem is leaving it.

    Blizzard believes that a sudden change in spec can cause problems with early raid competition. So now if it is bad, it is bad spec later. The patch next week will not have much change, and ele will still be bad. If you do not talk here, there is nothing to change.
    Last edited by Ele man; 2018-09-05 at 07:57 AM.

  2. #142
    I can't believe how far behind enhance damage is. At first I thought it was just me playing shitty, bad rng, maybe wrong talents, etc. but I compared it to other enhance shamans in uldir and I seem to be doing really well...

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't believe how far behind enhance damage is. At first I thought it was just me playing shitty, bad rng, maybe wrong talents, etc. but I compared it to other enhance shamans in uldir and I seem to be doing really well...
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

    Apparently we are just not great. I could handle such low numbers if the gameplay was a bit better but waiting to get stormstrike profs is just meh.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

    Apparently we are just not great. I could handle such low numbers if the gameplay was a bit better but waiting to get stormstrike profs is just meh.
    As we gear up we will fall behind unless a buff of some kind comes in, elemental will become the better spec with gear progression. Both are far from great of course.

    http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

    Well in the past we could accept being in the middle of the pack dps wise when we had unique abilities, same with other hybrid classes.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2018-09-06 at 07:46 AM.

  5. #145
    Deleted
    Shamans have good dps. Better nerf shadow and MM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    As we gear up we will fall behind unless a buff of some kind comes in, elemental will become the better spec with gear progression. Both are far from great of course.

    http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

    Well in the past we could accept being in the middle of the pack dps wise when we had unique abilities, same with other hybrid classes.
    While I agree we are going to just get worse in comparison to the rest of the specs, the sims aren't really good evidence for it. A lot of classes have a suboptimal setup in those sims. Enhance in particular is using the shitty raid trinkets when we will be relying on mythic+ for better ones.

  7. #147
    All the haters.

    BOW TO ME

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

    Shaman's baby, we taking over!!!

  8. #148
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    419
    Or you could use the 75% level that warcraftlogs defaults to, and which removes much of the RNG from the comparison. You know, be more honest about it.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=75

    Oh, look! High average, which isn't bad, but isn't the best. In fact, the lower you set the percentile, the worse Elemental looks, which shows that a great deal of the performance is RNG-reliant and/or extremely skill-dependant compared to other specs. I suspect RNG.

  9. #149
    It's good that shamans have elemental in a good state. Most enhancements have rerolled so there is no point sorting them out until next expansion.

    Resto is also looking good, so 2 viable specs now.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    All the haters.

    BOW TO ME
    "things changed 4 months later so I'M RIGHT LOLOLOLOL"

    imagine being this desperate about your internet arguments
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LFR saved raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    LFR is not really easy. I would say it's a lot harder thant Mythic Dungeons
    get_a_load_of_this_guy_cam.jpg

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "things changed 4 months later so I'M RIGHT LOLOLOLOL"

    imagine being this desperate about your internet arguments

    Thanks for the bump, it lets me feed on your tears. Imagine my enjoyment at your anger I don't need to imagine, I'm so happy.

    But lets all get along and celebrate the Shaman domination.

    KINGS would kill for the honor of being a shaman.

    Let's stop with the trolling please. Infracted.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-12-18 at 03:46 PM.

  12. #152
    Deleted
    my god you are retarded

    Insulting other forum members is not allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-12-18 at 03:46 PM.

  13. #153
    Guys - chill out before we just close the thread. The insults and trolling need to stop.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-12-18 at 03:45 PM.

  14. #154
    I’m going to be trying out elemental tonight on heroic. I did hear the new raid is more melee friendly so maybe I’ll stay enhance, depends on how tonight goes.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    All the haters.

    BOW TO ME

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

    Shaman's baby, we taking over!!!
    No one likes you.

    Literally JUST said to stop the insults. Infracted.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2018-12-18 at 03:45 PM.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I’m going to be trying out elemental tonight on heroic. I did hear the new raid is more melee friendly so maybe I’ll stay enhance, depends on how tonight goes.
    If you want to play melee in new tier do not pick Enh. It is currently the worst melee spec in the game.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Or you could use the 75% level that warcraftlogs defaults to, and which removes much of the RNG from the comparison. You know, be more honest about it.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=75

    Oh, look! High average, which isn't bad, but isn't the best. In fact, the lower you set the percentile, the worse Elemental looks, which shows that a great deal of the performance is RNG-reliant and/or extremely skill-dependant compared to other specs. I suspect RNG.
    This fundamentally means a lot of shit people play Elemental, or still getting used to changes/playing it for the first time.
    Raid Main: Warlock
    M+ Main: DH
    Active alts: Warrior / Hunter

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    If you want to play melee in new tier do not pick Enh. It is currently the worst melee spec in the game.
    I only main shaman.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    No one likes you.
    I still support you by watching your stream, I know you're into the RP aspect of BFA, but I don't think we should hate each other, we play in similar progressed guilds and both have a mutual love for Pitpit, the best boomkin named Jeff from Selkirk either of us know!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •