Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Without digging through every single point:

A shit ton of the stuff you mentioned is already covered by other classes, Bloodlust for example is useless if you have a 2nd Shaman / Mage / Hunter.

But the argument Hex is a good CC because it doesn't instantly break on damage is hilarious, in PvE hex basically breaks instantly the moment even a slight AoE ability hits the target, the damage cap is insignificant.

One unique (and useful!) support / utility tool > A lot utility tools that are covered by other classes.
    well you are right but having shaman give you some freedom of chosing, cose to cover our utility you have to get 2 specific clases or you can take shaman and 2x anything and things are going smothly but well im not trying to convince anyone thats my experience and opinion, im just finding enh convinient in basicly any setup and can carry my weight while having fun on it, what else could i want from a game

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Wanted to share my thoughts between Enhancement and Elemental. Ive been healing Heroics and Mythics as its just easier to get in groups but now being 330+ in Enhancement and Elemental....

Enhancement:
    -Most efficient for WQs speed, killing Rares, and just farming/pulling large mob packs.
    -More consistent damage without much ramp up.
    -WarMode on, you'll be more capable to defend yourself.

Elemental:
    -With Cooldowns (Boss pulls,) damage is comparable and can compete with RNG on our side
    -More RNG based and thus can be lackluster on trash pulls without using CD's
    -Too slow for WQ efficiency and more downtime compared to Enhancement

This might not help, but in all...im gonna continue to gear both specs. Likely raid as Elemental and Quest/Solo as enhance due to again just feeling better.

Here is the current dps rankings for 340 ilvl on stand still and bang fights. In real world performance range will move up with more boss movement or switching targets encounters.

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

My guess is WW monks and Demon hunters will get nerfed at some point and elemental shamans and shadow priests will be buffed. Enhance shamans are most likely not going to see any changes or a slight buff on 1 ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    Here is the current dps rankings for 340 ilvl on stand still and bang fights. In real world performance range will move up with more boss movement or switching targets encounters.

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

My guess is WW monks and Demon hunters will get nerfed at some point and elemental shamans and shadow priests will be buffed. Enhance shamans are most likely not going to see any changes or a slight buff on 1 ability.
    They are definitely waiting on logs from Uldir before tuning.

Tbh, I am not doing that well as Enhancement. I was doing way better in Legion in competing with other classes.

With 339ilvl, sims say I should do around 10300 dps in a boss fight with not much movement and I am doing around 7300. 3000 less. Always 3rd in DPS in Mythic dungeons in bosses and trash too.

Using:

Lightning Shield
    Forceful Winds
    Spirit Wolf
    Searing Assault
    Feral Lunge
    Sundering
    Elemental Spirits

Agility > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility

Priorities:

Flametongue if the buff is absent
    Feral Spirit if available
    Stormstrike with or without Stormbringer active
    Sundering if talented
    Rockbiter if below 70 Maelstrom and about to reach 2 charges
    Flametongue if the buff has <4.5 seconds remaining
    Lava Lash if above 40 Maelstrom (50 with Fury of Air taken)
    Rockbiter with nothing else available
    Flametongue to fill if available and you have nothing else to cast

Never, since TBC, felt such need to research rotations so much, always figured it out myself or just took a quick look at some websites. But this time I am really desperate.

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by dudu View Post
    I personally think there is room for one utility dps for mythic+ and i do not see anything better than elemental shamans.

Shaman has a lot to offer when shit hits the fan (AOE Stun Totem with reduced CD Talent, Earth Shield Talent, Groupheal on DMG Talent/Movement Totem Talent, Pocket Tank, Range Short CD Interrupt, 2x AOE Slow, Purge, 3-4 Heals on low hp allies, Aoe Interrupt with Stun Totem or Thunderstorm Knock back, Single Target slow)
    cool story bro.

but MDI history tells you, you're fucking wrong.

i've nothing to discuss, top rated players don't bring elemental when pushing the fastest/hardest keys why should i listen to a forum post? if you wanna prove to me and everyone else, go as elemental compete in the MDI and actually have elemental a core part of the group, not a dps needing a healer to watch them more than the tank and being last on every boss/pack cus "utility" lul.

in before but this is BfA! yeah and this ain't my first xpac so i know the story i've seen it a hundred times, it's not going to be any different when you read it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Tbh, I am not doing that well as Enhancement. I was doing way better in Legion in competing with other classes.

With 339ilvl, sims say I should do around 10300 dps in a boss fight with not much movement and I am doing around 7300. 3000 less. Always 3rd in DPS in Mythic dungeons in bosses and trash too.

Using:

Lightning Shield
    Forceful Winds
    Spirit Wolf
    Searing Assault
    Feral Lunge
    Sundering
    Elemental Spirits

Agility > Haste > Crit > Mastery > Versatility

Priorities:

Sundering if talented

Never, since TBC, felt such need to research rotations so much, always figured it out myself or just took a quick look at some websites. But this time I am really desperate.

Any tips?
    We are definitely going to get a buff in 8.1 due to the projected damage output expected with higher gear levels, enhancement does not look to be scaling well.

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

You are correct, in order to beat a demon hunter on a boss fight he would either need to be targetted by the boss more often with cc abilities or have about 5 ilvls lower then us. Even playing enhancement close to perfection we are just not going to beat any Demon hunters who know how to play their class above average.
    Same with Windwalker monks, rogues with similar ilvls.

I am levelling a windwalker atm (lvl 114) and I am totally destroying the other dps in dungeons, WW are very powerful atm.

However I have found we have 1 big arsenal up our sleeves and that is the earth elemental, it has saved our group from trash wipes on a few occasions and on boss fights when the tank dies and we have like 15% to go. So while we not going to be the top dps, some groups like to have us because of group stun, earth elemental and 12s cd on interupts.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2018-09-04 at 06:35 AM.

We are definitely going to get a buff in 8.1 due to the projected damage output expected with higher gear levels, enhancement does not look to be scaling well.

You are correct, in order to beat a demon hunter on a boss fight he would either need to be targetted by the boss more often with cc abilities or have about 5 ilvls lower then us. Even playing enhancement close to perfection we are just not going to beat any Demon hunters who know how to play their class above average.
    Same with Windwalker monks, rogues with similar ilvls.

I am levelling a windwalker atm (lvl 114) and I am totally destroying the other dps in dungeons, WW are very powerful atm.

However I have found we have 1 big arsenal up our sleeves and that is the earth elemental, it has saved our group from trash wipes on a few occasions and on boss fights when the tank dies and we have like 15% to go. So while we not going to be the top dps, some groups like to have us because of group stun, earth elemental and 12s cd on interupts.
    We getting weaker as people ilvls increase is really noticeable.

Yup, my Earth Elemental as saved me from wipes quite a lot too. Capacitator Totem and Sundering are good for M+ too. And we can always purge and throw 3 or 4 instant heals to help in tougher M+ bosses.

Actual good players my see our usefulness but wannabe people that only think about ilvls and recount won't.

We getting weaker as people ilvls increase is really noticeable.

Yup, my Earth Elemental as saved me from wipes quite a lot too. Capacitator Totem and Sundering are good for M+ too. And we can always purge and throw 3 or 4 instant heals to help in tougher M+ bosses.

Actual good players my see our usefulness but wannabe people that only think about ilvls and recount won't.
    Most respectable guilds from casual to hardcore will always value a player surviving over dps position, sure world first guilds would rather take in another melee spec if players are of equal skill levels but we talking top 0.1% .

In terms of mythic + as you mentioned we will have our place and compliment certain groups.

Priorities:

Sundering if talented

Any tips?

Take a look at the icy veins rotation. Apparently you should be casting flametongue with of the buff regardless of time remaining to trigger searing assault prioritized just under SS with or without proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    To me, that goes without saying.
    And secondly, it doesn't give you much to discuss on a mechanical level.

Elemental wasn't strong during Beta, it's bogus.
    I'm too lazy to dig out the aura nerfs that happened ~2months before BfA release, only for Blizzard to roll them back during the pre patch already.

My honest opinion is that, first off, Blizzard rather keeps a spec down than make it OP, OP specs cause problems to everyone, underpowered specs only to themselves.

Second, Elemental has no lobby among the developers that mages, rogues and warlocks have (the warlock / mage part is even sort of confirmed).
    Elemental (or certain other hybrid specs such as Sp,Feral and Enhance) are simply specs no one in the dev team gives a shit about and so they move down the priority list.

You think it's an accident that rogues,mages and warlocks constantly receive at least one OP spec?
    Shaman also has two dps specs, yet a class with three dps specs manages to receive at least one decent, yet Shaman constantly has two bad ones.
    I'm talking about Blizzard's baseline. Blizzard weakened ele according to its criteria, and became a useless spec as they wanted. It happened in legion and WoD, and it is still happening. Why does not we complain about this? I can not understand. The initial dps of ele was always bad. This is no coincidence. These people just talk about the utility. The biggest problem is leaving it.

Blizzard believes that a sudden change in spec can cause problems with early raid competition. So now if it is bad, it is bad spec later. The patch next week will not have much change, and ele will still be bad. If you do not talk here, there is nothing to change.
    Last edited by Ele man; 2018-09-05 at 07:57 AM.

I can't believe how far behind enhance damage is. At first I thought it was just me playing shitty, bad rng, maybe wrong talents, etc. but I compared it to other enhance shamans in uldir and I seem to be doing really well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't believe how far behind enhance damage is. At first I thought it was just me playing shitty, bad rng, maybe wrong talents, etc. but I compared it to other enhance shamans in uldir and I seem to be doing really well...
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Apparently we are just not great. I could handle such low numbers if the gameplay was a bit better but waiting to get stormstrike profs is just meh.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19

Apparently we are just not great. I could handle such low numbers if the gameplay was a bit better but waiting to get stormstrike profs is just meh.
    As we gear up we will fall behind unless a buff of some kind comes in, elemental will become the better spec with gear progression. Both are far from great of course.

Well in the past we could accept being in the middle of the pack dps wise when we had unique abilities, same with other hybrid classes.
    Last edited by Hightotemz; 2018-09-06 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Shamans have good dps. Better nerf shadow and MM.

As we gear up we will fall behind unless a buff of some kind comes in, elemental will become the better spec with gear progression. Both are far from great of course.

Well in the past we could accept being in the middle of the pack dps wise when we had unique abilities, same with other hybrid classes.
    While I agree we are going to just get worse in comparison to the rest of the specs, the sims aren't really good evidence for it. A lot of classes have a suboptimal setup in those sims. Enhance in particular is using the shitty raid trinkets when we will be relying on mythic+ for better ones.

All the haters.

BOW TO ME

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

Shaman's baby, we taking over!!!

Or you could use the 75% level that warcraftlogs defaults to, and which removes much of the RNG from the comparison. You know, be more honest about it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=75

Oh, look! High average, which isn't bad, but isn't the best. In fact, the lower you set the percentile, the worse Elemental looks, which shows that a great deal of the performance is RNG-reliant and/or extremely skill-dependant compared to other specs. I suspect RNG.

It's good that shamans have elemental in a good state. Most enhancements have rerolled so there is no point sorting them out until next expansion.

Resto is also looking good, so 2 viable specs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    All the haters.

BOW TO ME
    "things changed 4 months later so I'M RIGHT LOLOLOLOL"

imagine being this desperate about your internet arguments