Page 1 of 27
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Mafia 109 - Game Thread - Russian Roulette

New players are always welcome. If you are interested in Mafia and are not sure what to do then look into this thread to ask questions and get help http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

I would like to invite you to play a game. The rules are simple...survive! Volunteer others to play and spin the wheel of fate and may the best and the brightest survive!

It was a cold winter in Mother Russia and the town folk were tired of eating borscht and drinking vodka for entertainment. The conservatives were enjoying the lives they had built for themselves but there was a growing faction in town trying to change the policies and overthrow the few in charge. Would they be successful or would they be beaten down. No one quite knew where others stood though so the only way was to get rid of each other one at a time until one faction was in charge completely.

Mod note: This Roleplay/story is strictly for flavor and not a political statement/stance so don't get all bent out of shape by anything I may write for flavor text...

General Rules
    Spoiler: 

There is an element of randomness to this game as you will see from the example below. However, from the start all player roles will be known and listed on the front page from game start to help compensate.

Voting:

During the day phase, each player can place their vote on any player of choice. To do so, simply put the following in bold on a separate line:

vote: Kryllian

You can change your vote as many times you want, and you can remove your vote using

unvote

Unvoting is required or I will not count you changing your vote!

You can also vote for a no-lynch. This works like this.

vote: no-lynch

If "no-lynch" is the winning option, then no player will be lynched that day phase.

Lynching:

Days will have a fixed 48 hour deadline. Regardless of how many votes someone has the day will not end early and at the end of the day the only way to guarantee a lynch is to have all players unanimous. At the end of the day if you do not have a vote on file it will count as a vote against yourself. This increases each day so not voting day 1 is one vote for yourself. Not voting day 2 is two votes for yourself, etc.

At the end of the day all players with a vote will be up for elimination and a randomizer will determine who bites the bullet. The more votes on a person the better their chances of being the victim.

For Example end of day 4 with 10 players remaining:

Kryllian has 5 votes against him
    Arlee has 2 votes against them
    Jynxie J has 1 votes against them
    Anakso and Dyra didn't put out a vote so they each have 4 votes against themselves

With 16 "votes" out, Kryllian has a 5 in 16 chance of being eliminated, Arlee has a 2 in 16 chance, JynxieJ has a 1 in 16 chance, Anakso has a 4 in 16 chance, and Dyra has a 4 in 16 chance.

Night actions will have a similar chance structure (and possible rewards) that will be explained if you draw that role.

Signed up Players
    1. Bageloaf
    2. Danner
    3. Dendrek
    4. Graeham
    5. Largehorn
    6. Listo95
    7. Lora
    8. Lysah
    9. Virothe

Marack, playing Maria a Vanilla Townie has lost the game Day 1!

Robozerim playing Maksim a Vanilla Townie was murdered on Night 1!

Krayzy playing Nikolay, a mafia goon, has sucumbed to Lady Luck on Day
    Dupti, playing Aleksandr a VT (potential Apprentice Cop), has been blown to bits on N2

Crackleslap, playing Anna a Mafia Goon, has lost the game on D3
    Veredyn, playing Pavel a Mafia Goon, was found to have died during Night 3

Current Roles in Play

Spoiler: 
    Town

Cop, Doc, Vanilla Townies x5

Mafia

Goon x2

Current Character names in Play

Spoiler: 

Alena
    Anastasia
    Artem
    Boris
    Ekaterina
    Ivan
    Mikhail
    Natasha
    Sophia

If you care how I got started thinking about this game and want a laugh watch this!

Spoiler: 

- - - Updated - - -

Current Vote Count
    Spoiler: 

1. Bageloaf - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Crackleslap - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Danner - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Dendrek - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Dupti - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Graeham - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Krayzy - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Largehorn - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Listo95 - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Lora - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Lysah - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Marack - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Robozerim - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Veredyn - NoVote/SelfVote
    1. Virothe - NoVote/SelfVote
    Last edited by Kryllian; 2018-08-11 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *spins the cylinder*

Hope y'all are ready for this

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Hello, everyone!

I need to work on my Russian: Babushka, communism, nyet, dos vedanya, and Hans Gruber.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am the machine!

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, but that skit if fucking hilarious

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Graeham
    Traditions

Russian Roulette, maybe I should be drunk on vodka the entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck a duck

vote: virothe

also pls no lynch im cop kthx. phew. got that claim out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

THE MACHINE!!!!

That is such an amazing story...

Oh and

Vote: Lora

Because I can.

I was eating when I decided to watch that video. I spat food on my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    THE MACHINE!!!!

That is such an amazing story...

Oh and

Vote: Lora

Because I can.
    ur a stupid doodieface

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

To be fair, a Russian cop might be the most dangerous person in this game. It would be best to lynch Lora.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five mafia in a 15 player game? Uhmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Five mafia in a 15 player game? Uhmm...
    Yeah I just saw that... 2 mislynches and we would already be at MyLo

1. This isn't a standard 15 player game.
    2. If it were standard, town would have 2 mislynches before it reached lylo.
    3. Since this isn't a standard game, and all actions (lynch and night) have a random mechanic, it's possible that this game might not actually truly reach lylo; though the odds will become increasingly stacked against town if we reach that point and continue to mess up.

Based on the description in the OP, we can probably assume night actions either have a chance to fail or to be randomly redirected (bonuses can also be given, I guess, but only the people who got those roles will know what that means). I suspect, since the roles are fairly straight forward, that randomness will be very unlikely to occur. Compared to that, lynches themselves are very likely to go astray. Even a single vote cast on another target can invalidate the majority.

That means that if the scum gain a majority, the minority town might still "win" lynches by sheer random luck. But even then, we'd have to hope the randomness of night actions or skillful protections from the doc will work in our favor, or else the randomness of lynches would not be enough to help us come back from a losing position.

----------

We need to be critical of votes that stick to targets for bad reasons (except on D1). This is where scum will hide to try to edge out small victories.

Allowing small trains to exist at the day's end is a great way to screw town over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants my vote? First person to comment after me gets my personal vendetta!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    1. This isn't a standard 15 player game.
    2. If it were standard, town would have 2 mislynches before it reached lylo.
    3. Since this isn't a standard game, and all actions (lynch and night) have a random mechanic, it's possible that this game might not actually truly reach lylo; though the odds will become increasingly stacked against town if we reach that point and continue to mess up.

Based on the description in the OP, we can probably assume night actions either have a chance to fail or to be randomly redirected (bonuses can also be given, I guess, but only the people who got those roles will know what that means). I suspect, since the roles are fairly straight forward, that randomness will be very unlikely to occur. Compared to that, lynches themselves are very likely to go astray. Even a single vote cast on another target can invalidate the majority.

That means that if the scum gain a majority, the minority town might still "win" lynches by sheer random luck. But even then, we'd have to hope the randomness of night actions or skillful protections from the doc will work in our favor, or else the randomness of lynches would not be enough to help us come back from a losing position.

----------

We need to be critical of votes that stick to targets for bad reasons (except on D1). This is where scum will hide to try to edge out small victories.

Allowing small trains to exist at the day's end is a great way to screw town over.
    The difficult part is finding who we want to lynch and also allowing enough time for it happen and everyone switch. There's always going to be people away for certain periods. So if collectively we decide to lynch Listo, and like 7 people vote Listo and suddenly no one likes the train anymore its gonna be a mess or claims cop or what not, don't think we'll ever have a perfect scenairo.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit I commented after myself.

I don't expect a perfect scenario. If someone is going to claim cop or doc, they absolutely cannot wait until the day is almost over.

It's not likely we'll have a complete consensus on any train. But even if we end up with 2 competing trains that both continue to exist at the day's end, as long as it's large trains that end up deciding the day's lynch, that's better than a bunch of small trains messing things up.

- - - Updated - - -

And since you've already followed up your own revenge-vote declaration with your own post, you are not allowed to use it against me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I don't expect a perfect scenario. If someone is going to claim cop or doc, they absolutely cannot wait until the day is almost over.

It's not likely we'll have a complete consensus on any train. But even if we end up with 2 competing trains that both continue to exist at the day's end, as long as it's large trains that end up deciding the day's lynch, that's better than a bunch of small trains messing things up.

- - - Updated - - -

And since you've already followed up your own revenge-vote declaration with your own post, you are not allowed to use it against me.

but im the cop guise!!!1111oneoneoneone inserttypicalloraposthere

- - - Updated - - -

crackle has to vote himself.

You're all poo-faces!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    You're all poo-faces!
    ya well ur a stupid canadian

Truly, that exchange summarises the high end play we often enjoy on this site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to spin the chamber! Die of fate, go!

I rolled a 10, and that is, according to the first post, Lora.

vote: Lora

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Truly, that exchange summarises the high end play we often enjoy on this site.
    That's blatantly offensive, you moron! Clearly you have no idea how to play and as such should be lynched!