Poll: What do you think should happen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomek View Post
    I just refunded my expansion because of this. I usually just play PvP but there is no point playing when other people are freely handed the rewards I would have to play my heart out for.

Thanks alot Blizz for having double standards and clearly showing you DNGAF about PvP.
    Nice to see you enjoy pvp only for honor instead of having fun / mastering your class. Sure people got the honor achievements, but they got nothing out of it thats worth a shit, definitely wasn't fun, which is kinda the point of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    No rollback, just full honor reset for the wintraders, also give them year long forced title and buff called "Exploiter" or something.
    Also With that Title... Don't motivate me to exploit / win trade / play smart /morally grey pvp.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    I'm not saying it's not unfair. The point I was making is how someone else's (unfair) gains does not affect YOU.
    but you are wrong! now you have people running around with honor level 500 which only should be reachable in 2-3 years, which forces blizzard to make rewards for honor level 500+ which everyone who didnt exploit will never get....

so yes, rollback and punish for exploiting like it has always been

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think it goes under clever use of game mechanics.

You are using resources that are available in the game. You are not cheating.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Personally I think it goes under clever use of game mechanics.

You are using resources that are available in the game. You are not cheating.
    Personally I think some people are too stupid to breathe on their own yet somehow they live and post stupid things on forums. It was clear abuse of the system. You've got suddenly a several thousand% of efficiency in doing something, you know it's not supposed to work this way and it's going to get fixed soon, yet you decide to use it as much as you can for the time being. Imo it's an instant rollback and severe ban for everyone who got more than reasonably obtainable amount of honour.
    Last edited by Prime92; 2018-08-10 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is abusing a loophole to circumvent the intended pacing of the system. Hence, Blizzard quickly catching on and correcting it. The system was designed (stupidly I may add) to take years to grind through with normal play, not a several hours. And I'm confident every single person that was doing it knew (at least on some level) what they were doing was wrong and I presume were just hoping to get as much honor as they could before it was corrected and furthermore, hoped they escaped the banhammer.

It's not about jealousy, or power levels or even the cosmetic rewards, it's about fair play. No one wants to do things the intended way, one that may I add will likely take thousands of hours to complete, when bad faith actors accomplished it in mere hours. If Blizzard cared about fair play and not rewarding bad faith actors and the precedent that sets, they'd at a minimum, roll back the honor for those individuals.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2018-08-10 at 03:04 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

This is clear win trading and as such it should be treated like any other case of win trading, I.E either a ban or at the very least get their shit revoked.

Yet again an exploit vs. cheat question.
    Exploiting a flawed system of Blizzard isn't cheating and theres nothing wrong with that. They should fix their problems, in order for this to not happen (again).

and btw, who cares about honor lvl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Exploiting a flawed system of Blizzard isn't cheating and theres nothing wrong with that. They should fix their problems, in order for this to not happen (again).

YOU obviously care enough to come here and voice YOUR opinion.

you have a point that exploiting a flawed system isnt wrong, but removing all the honor gains of those people fits in the same logic, nothing wrong with removing it.

One more thing i need to voice here even though the scumbags of this world dont give a rats fuck about it and even find it funny that others do...

The burglar mentality of people is stupifying and with burglars mentality i mean "this burglar breaks in a house, everyone knows he did something NOT right, the owner of the house catches him and hands him over to the police, only to find out later that the burglar is suiing him for obstructing the burglar in doing his job"

in this world victims are being treated as criminals or lunatics and the actual perpetrators act as if they're the victims.
    Last edited by mmoc789fdc85ac; 2018-08-10 at 06:08 PM.

*yawn* people are still salty about this? Move on, it happened and it was fixed. There was not exploiting because people were merely using game mechanics implemented by Blizzard themselves. This is no different than people who traded kills for Nemesis in WoD (and nobody was banned for that BtW. Anyone here who says otherwise are either lying or talking about someone who got banned for selling Nemesis boost for IRL money).

Hell, even IF it could be considered cheating, Anniefushia (the streamer Twitch paid, sponsored, and even put on the front of the Battle.Net launcher) admitted even she was farming rep off stream using this method because it was just way too good to pass up. If you think Blizz is about to infract their new golden girl who they just recently threw thousands and thousands of dollars in sponsorships to, then you're delusional

It's just honor levels, it's basically the PVP equivalent of people "exploiting" dungeons with the alt farming method or Kara to get to level 80 faster. Are we going to scream for bans for everyone who used those methods to level faster after 7.3.5?

They're not going to ban and/or rollback tens of thousands of players right before BfA just because a vocal minority are salty that they didn't hop on the train in time. It's done, over. The last time I saw so many kicking and screaming "EXPLOIT!" like children was when people were farming Broken Shore chests to unlock flying a few days earlier. Who cares? Get over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    Nice to see you enjoy pvp only for honor instead of having fun / mastering your class. Sure people got the honor achievements, but they got nothing out of it thats worth a shit, definitely wasn't fun, which is kinda the point of a game.

Also With that Title... Don't motivate me to exploit / win trade / play smart /morally grey pvp.
    "nothing worth a shit"

Look at these cute mother fuckers and tell me they arnt worth it...

And this badass mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I am one of the poeple who explotied it just for this fear, i agree that anyone including I should be rolled back to any honor level we were before we entered darkshore

7+ Year Old Account
    No one does, the issue is the time investment.
    if you want to go get the mounts, and pets, and titles, and toys.
    havign done this exploit it is only 61 hours.
    not doing this exploit it is ATLEAST 111 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomek View Post
    I just refunded my expansion because of this. I usually just play PvP but there is no point playing when other people are freely handed the rewards I would have to play my heart out for.

Thanks alot Blizz for having double standards and clearly showing you DNGAF about PvP.
    I know mate, it is awful, don't let these assholes turn you away from the game, they are either kids using the word cringe for every thing they are not agreeing with, or just trolls. This is just 100% unfairness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    *yawn* people are still salty about this? Move on, it happened and it was fixed. There was not exploiting because people were merely using game mechanics implemented by Blizzard themselves. This is no different than people who traded kills for Nemesis in WoD (and nobody was banned for that BtW. Anyone here who says otherwise are either lying or talking about someone who got banned for selling Nemesis boost for IRL money).

Hell, even IF it could be considered cheating, Anniefushia (the streamer Twitch paid, sponsored, and even put on the front of the Battle.Net launcher) admitted even she was farming rep off stream using this method because it was just way too good to pass up. If you think Blizz is about to infract their new golden girl who they just recently threw thousands and thousands of dollars in sponsorships to, then you're delusional

It's just honor levels, it's basically the PVP equivalent of people "exploiting" dungeons with the alt farming method or Kara to get to level 80 faster. Are we going to scream for bans for everyone who used those methods to level faster after 7.3.5?

They're not going to ban and/or rollback tens of thousands of players right before BfA just because a vocal minority are salty that they didn't hop on the train in time. It's done, over. The last time I saw so many kicking and screaming "EXPLOIT!" like children was when people were farming Broken Shore chests to unlock flying a few days earlier. Who cares? Get over it.
    So when they used the saronite bombs on lich king that was just using mechanics implemented by blizzard themselves? YEAH they were totally not punished for that, blizzard has never in their history punished people for abusing ingame mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    I am one of the poeple who explotied it just for this fear, i agree that anyone including I should be rolled back to any honor level we were before we entered darkshore
    That is kind of you to agree even though you got the "Good end of the stick"

Well, if noone 'cares' about Honor they wouldn't mind getting their honorlevels reset, right? It shows the opposite, especially on the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So when they used the saronite bombs on lich king that was just using mechanics implemented by blizzard themselves? YEAH they were totally not punished for that, blizzard has never in their history punished people for abusing ingame mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

That is kind of you to agree even though you got the "Good end of the stick"
    Kind of a terrible example since I and most other people still don't agree with that banning because it was at the time used in people's rotation all the time since it was free dmg off the GCD AND it wasn't even heroic LK.

If anything, your example is likely one of if not THE reason why Blizz no longer overreacts and blindly jumps to ban people for cleaver use of game mechanics in non-competitive content just because a handful of people kick and scream like literal children
    Last edited by SupBrah; 2018-08-10 at 06:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Kind of a terrible example since I and most other people still don't agree with that banning because it was at the time used in people's rotation all the time since it was free dmg off the GCD AND it wasn't even heroic LK.

If anything, your example is likely one of if not THE reason why Blizz no longer overreacts and blindly jumps to ban people for cleaver use of game mechanics in non-competitive content just because a handful of people kick and scream like literal children
    You mean how people who did a quest over and over to get AP in the legion launch got banned?
    or how people handed in a quest over and over in dalaran to get eyes over and over got banned?

I can understand peoples desire to do this though. I thought the new honor system was going to be great when it was announced. I thought "nice, even when I'm losing I'm still working towards something". Horde loses 95% of the time in my battlegroup. I get maybe 100 honor for a loss...Yeah, I quit doing it. Cause it went from working towards something, to a horrible grind.

If the honor gain was a bug that wasn't meant to be in the game, then they should be banned. But it was an oversight on blizzards part, it's Blizzards fault and the people who did it shouldn't get in trouble. This being said by someone, who as usual, doesn't find out about something like this until after it's fixed. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Hmm your poll is missing a few options. I think the honor should be rolled back, fixed, and then left at that.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You mean how people who did a quest over and over to get AP in the legion launch got banned?
    or how people handed in a quest over and over in dalaran to get eyes over and over got banned?
    Once again, your examples are pointless and in no way even similar to what happened here. Notice how both of those bans were related to a quest exploit? You know, an actual exploit that required you to purposely log in and out repeatedly to be able to repeat the quest?

You had to purposely try to exploit the game to do those. How in the world is that the same as killing people in War Mode? Are you going to tell me I'm exploiting if I let someone kill me for Talon's Vengeance rep now? LMFAO!!!

No, seriously, did you even think this response out at all??

Oh and funny thing... Those 2 examples, most people got just 24 hr bans (max 5 days for serious offenders) AND they didn't get rolled back