Poll: What do you think should happen?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    100% agree that rollbacks should happen... just insanely crazy that people already capped in a few hours vs. working toward it the ENTIRE EXPAC of BfA...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Its PVP, who cares
    its rewards like pets mounts and toys that for those who abused got it done in no time, while those who didnt will have to spend atleast 40x more time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, and this is a bad thing, a really bad thing. if they literally do not punish this at all, this will set a new low for exploiting in BFA< and for my first time in my life i may just start doing so, cause the massive amount of time this farming saved is MENTAL

a BG WIN is about 600 honor for 10 minutes
    a single minute of this is 1200 honor.

that is already 20x faster. but then well que times for BG's, daily +honor win only works once, and well you dont win every single match.
    Literally the same thing was done in WoD with nemesis farm and no one gave a fuck, it's all cosmetic, stop crying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There should be rollbacks, and the fix should be changed to be less punishing for legitimate groups trying to farm honor.
    yes, it really should, people who are killed should give much less honor to anyone who got honor from them within the last few minutes, also a good way to reduce people camping someones corpse.

get honor from killing someone you get 0 honor within 30 seconds, half honor within a minute. at 60 seconds you then get full honor again

It's not rated PvP related, so it is no big deal nor any different to paying for boosts for, example, bloody coins and gladiator sanctum 500/race kills.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Literally the same thing was done in WoD with nemesis farm and no one gave a fuck, it's all cosmetic, stop crying.
    ok so you are on the favour of "Exploit early and exploit often" you think people who exploit games should be rewarded while those who dont should be punished?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It's not rated PvP related, so it is no big deal nor any different to paying for boosts for, example, bloody coins and gladiator sanctum 500/race kills.
    except the issue is not that it was done, is that it was done, then fixed, it was an obviously not intended and people avoided it as it was obviously not indended, and now it has been fixed but not reverted, meaning blizzard is rewarding "Exploit early, exploit often"

ok so you are on the favour of "Exploit early and exploit often" you think people who exploit games should be rewarded while those who dont should be punished?
    People doing fishing achievements, farming all those best friend reps as a large group... so much easier than solo'd. Is that exploiting too?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    People doing fishing achievements, farming all those best friend reps as a large group... so much easier than solo'd. Is that exploiting too?
    No, because it was not then removed.
    also the point of them was intentonally for fishing in groups.
    but if it was that way for 1 week, then suddenly fixed and made unable to be done in groups yes, then there is a problem.

Rollback and no ban for me. I bet a bunch of people picked up some levels without even realising what was happening for a little while and I think it would be a bit much to punish them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Rollback and no ban for me. I bet a bunch of people picked up some levels without even realising what was happening for a little while and I think it would be a bit much to punish them.
    Agreed. it really should be such, cause they cant let this thing go on, if they do they weill only inspire people more and more to abuse and exploit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still with no punishment in sight, what do you lot think? Is blizzard REALLY REWARDING EXPLOITING now?
    This is likely not such a simple thing to enforce, especially with the expansion just around the corner. I'm not sure this is the optimal time for them to push a banwave. Given that there are account-wide rewards attached to it, as well.

That being said, Blizzard does have a pretty firm stance on win-trading and explotation, both of which I'd say this qualifies as, and they should be able to detect who took advantage of the exploit fairly easily.

Especially considering that this is an account-level system that's supposed to be a long term progression system. I can't imagine that Blizzard is okay with people fully completing what's meant to be a months- or years-long "grind" before the expansion even drops.

So I am sure some of you know that yesterday groups have been running 40v40 in darkshore, however doing something special, 39v39, once side killing the other, then with the 40th person mass rezzing, then going back and forth, allowing for an honor level every 5 minutes on average.

With this having been a thing, many people used this and quickly reached 500 honor level, basically invalidating the whole system.
    however some of us like me went "ok that is an exploit, it is going to be rolled backed or banned" as it is both exploitive, and what some may consider win trading.

I ask you lot today what you lot think about it, as now we have an issue, blizzard added something, people exploited it, blizz fixed it, and those people have not been punished. This is not a good thing for the game, because is inspires people in the future to PURPOSELY exploit things, to get as much out of it before its fixed, because "well I was not punished in the past."

This could be a big issue for the future if they keep having stuff pop up, people exploit, and then it is fixed, and those who did not do it are left in the dust, as the ones who did the exploit are not punished, a system like that inspires exploiting.

Think of it as an ATM, people withdraw money, suddenly they start getting extra 100$ bills. The bank records who does and work on a fix.
    You find out and turn in your 100$, it is then fixed.
    They all get to keep their money, without any punishment, but you handed in your 100$ so you dont, you did the right thing and are punished for it, while others did the wrong thing of not handing in the wrongly given money, and are rewarded for it. This inspires people to do the opposite of what they should be.

TL: DR= People are being rewarded with hundreds if not thousands of hours of saved time, FOR EXPLOITING. While those who refrained are punished by blizzard.

I forgot to make 2 more choices of
    "Ban them and fix it"
    and
    "Rollback their honor levels and fix it"
    How can players be held responsible for something the devs put into the game , AFTER DEEMING IT THOROUGHLY TESTED ? No use of third party program was involved , if they reached lvl 500 in one day it's because the game itself allowed such a feat .
    The worst they can do is roll back the honor gain , further action is wrong since it was a devs oversight and nothing else.

On a side note , legion pvpers felt ripped off of their efforts to reach prestige 25 since they now face hundreds of honor levels with no real rewards .
    Someone made the maths on this and reported it would take a god awful amount of time to reach honor level 500, I do think the honor rewards from content should be buffed as it stands you have to devote all your possible game time to pvp in order to reach the cap , while the pve side of the game is constantly made easier to access with catch up mechanics .

If i knew of this I would have surely taken part , if you care to know, because it wasn't something that would have raised red flags IMO , it was plain simple Wpvp for the ones invited to the raid and it was worth the time , the only ones who could possibly be punished would be the people coordinating the whole thing cross faction , not the random grunts fighting .
    Last edited by valax; 2018-08-06 at 10:43 PM.

None of the poll options. There should be rollback of honor gains and a month ban for exploiting and fix.

Honor level 500 is supposed to take 2-3 years to achieve of constant PVP. Now they will make rewards for honor level 1000 for these people that normal people who didn't exploit will never be able to reach.

Still with no punishment in sight, what do you lot think? Is blizzard REALLY REWARDING EXPLOITING now?
    Should be a fix, no ban. Not even sure about rollback, with how little it affected the whole game, but wouldn't hurt.

I'm kind of against banning people for stuff like that. It's their game they bought. Unless they cross some lines like ruin others experiance or break very clearly laid out rules they shouldn't be punished with a ban. It's Blizzards oversight, they gotta fix it, unless they do why not, let people go wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t care even in the slightest what they did.
    Good on them for figuring it out and getting after it. Hope they enjoy their different colored horse and toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Considering you get 1 that's right 1 honor in a big raid when someone gets killed, they went totally knee jerk and killed it. My buff says I am supposed to get 6 bonus and 30 bonus for assassins. If that bonus is how raids were getting it, well the problem seems to me that 450 for an AV win really should be 4500+ and maybe it will be at 120, but right now the amount of honor needed to level is a joke...it would take you forever PVPing to go from 1-500. 24/7 years.

I think those who got the extra honor should be rolled back. I like to pvp, but I like pets more and they are rewarding pets for 400 or 500 honor level, which means those pets should be rare as hell at the current way honor can be earned...

Blizzard left the exploit in plain sight.

Rollbacks = fine by me, but no further punishment.

Rollback but no punishment, its blizzards own fault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This is likely not such a simple thing to enforce, especially with the expansion just around the corner. I'm not sure this is the optimal time for them to push a banwave. Given that there are account-wide rewards attached to it, as well.

That being said, Blizzard does have a pretty firm stance on win-trading and explotation, both of which I'd say this qualifies as, and they should be able to detect who took advantage of the exploit fairly easily.

Especially considering that this is an account-level system that's supposed to be a long term progression system. I can't imagine that Blizzard is okay with people fully completing what's meant to be a months- or years-long "grind" before the expansion even drops.
    sadly with still not even a word on what their plan is, seems blizzard is supporting the
    "Exploit early, exploit often" joke people have been pushing, but that I am not believing to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Should be a fix, no ban. Not even sure about rollback, with how little it affected the whole game, but wouldn't hurt.

I'm kind of against banning people for stuff like that. It's their game they bought. Unless they cross some lines like ruin others experiance or break very clearly laid out rules they shouldn't be punished with a ban. It's Blizzards oversight, they gotta fix it, unless they do why not, let people go wild.
    How little? it has saved people who chose to abuse this thousands of hours.
    imagine if a bug came out that suddenly gave all 1% mounts a 100% drop chance for 1 hour and a half.
    would you be fine with letting all those people keep them while those who wernt able to go get them in time didnt?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Rollback but no punishment, its blizzards own fault.
    Agreed, it should be rolled back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Blizzard left the exploit in plain sight.

Rollbacks = fine by me, but no further punishment.
    agreed, should be rolled back for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    How can players be held responsible for something the devs put into the game , AFTER DEEMING IT THOROUGHLY TESTED ? No use of third party program was involved , if they reached lvl 500 in one day it's because the game itself allowed such a feat .
    The worst they can do is roll back the honor gain , further action is wrong since it was a devs oversight and nothing else.

On a side note , legion pvpers felt ripped off of their efforts to reach prestige 25 since they now face hundreds of honor levels with no real rewards .
    Someone made the maths on this and reported it would take a god awful amount of time to reach honor level 500, I do think the honor rewards from content should be buffed as it stands you have to devote all your possible game time to pvp in order to reach the cap , while the pve side of the game is constantly made easier to access with catch up mechanics .

If i knew of this I would have surely taken part , if you care to know, because it wasn't something that would have raised red flags IMO , it was plain simple Wpvp for the ones invited to the raid and it was worth the time , the only ones who could possibly be punished would be the people coordinating the whole thing cross faction , not the random grunts fighting .
    if people find a way to duplicate gold and they abused it for hours until people had 50 chars with gold cap, does that mean blizz should not roll back and or punish these people?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it´s quite easy, take it away from them, they didn´t really earn it as it was an exploit. Simple, no biggie.