Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion and it's grindy nature. (Legendaries, AP, WQ, Honor etc).
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The requirement to move servers, AGAIN, in order to join a high end raiding guild. Fuck you Blizzard. If cross server raiding was allowed at all levels during WoD, instead of limited to heroic, I very well may still be playing the game today.
    High end? Whoa you racing bro? Lols.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Warlords of Draenor. I was unsubbed for a good 2 and a half years or however it was from the first week of WoD until like 3 months into Legion. My girl brought me back to Legion (kicking and screaming) but I'm glad she did, because I would have been upset if I missed it.

snip
    I read your post, and if I put myself in your shoes, I believe I understand. The reason I've stuck around so long is probably also due to having friends that reach back to my early BWL raids, so I get that feeling. And perhaps cross-server changes haven't effected me much because I've played on Tichondrius since Wrath. The server is literally teeming with Horde, and I love it.

It is rather backhanded that Blizzard would indirectly kill your server. I get they were helping the Aussies, but it came at a cost. That sucks, but I'm sure they felt that if they allowed realm transfers for free after that, there'd be a mass exodus, and it may harm the server even more. Poor logic? Perhaps. I don't know how they operate under these terms.

I guess what I don't get, even trying to be empathetic, is how you'd pass up those good times and that feeling that WoW tends to give us veterans behind a measly $25 transfer. That's not a lot of money, but I'll repeat, I understand your gripe is based on principle and not the money. But is the money not worth the reward? Not gonna give you the "life's short" thing, but in the scheme of things, if you still desire to play the game, wouldn't it be worth it?

Asking worth is a moot point and I feel foolish for even mentioning it. But it just seems, to me, like such a small price to pay especially given you have amassed that much gold, to enjoy the game assuming there's still part of you that would.

Not faulting you, I just can't imagine quitting for that reason especially if you're an accomplished and skilled at the game. But I respect it.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-08-04 at 02:04 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    WotLK 3.2: Horrible patch, WoW fatigue kicked on overdrive.
    Cata 4.2: Did not find the game engaging by that time.
    MoP: Skipped most of it, did not care about Pandaland, absolutely horrible catch-up mechanics. Pandas were a mistake, they really really feel out of place now. Story felt rather frantic.
    WoD: Horrendous launch. People leaving in drones, myself joining them. Nothing to do at max level apart from raiding. IRL friends quitted within the first month.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    It is rather backhanded that Blizzard would indirectly kill your server. I get they were helping the Aussies, but it came at a cost. That sucks, but I'm sure they felt that if they allowed realm transfers for free after that, there'd be a mass exodus, and it may harm the server even more. Poor logic? Perhaps. I don't know how they operate under these terms.
    Yeah, free transfers would have exacerbated the problem. What Blizzard should have done is merged Blackrock to make another server that was listed as "high".

I guess what I don't get, even trying to be empathetic, is how you'd pass up those good times and that feeling that WoW tends to give us veterans behind a measly $25 transfer. That's not a lot of money, but I'll repeat, I understand your gripe is based on principle and not the money. But is the money not worth the reward? Not gonna give you the "life's short" thing, but in the scheme of things, if you still desire to play the game, wouldn't it be worth it?
    I still play other games with some of my WoW friends. What it came down to was that I got bored because of the restrictions placed on me by being stuck on a dead server.

With regards to cost: The cost wasn't, isn't, the issue. The fact that the server was ruined due to Blizzard's action and that the resolution would have to come out of my pocket, was. What can I say, call me petty call me what you will, it irked me. (Irked? Sounds funny but I'm staying with it)

I've been in a Skype channel that was started in TBC by a PvP guild I belonged to. Over time various people have added various friends. Regularly there are still 10-15 people that are in there. On Friday nights, there can be as many as 30-50. Right now, I count 28. Over 10 years that channel has existed. 10 fucking years! A few I've met in real life but the vast majority I only know through online interactions. I still chat with these folks on a regular basis. Some of us play other games together. Friends, that is what a big part of the game was for me.

The first time I retired, shortly after patch 4.2, was due to two things the first of which was the number of friends that disappeared from the game at that time. That was the first time during my tenure in WoW that I so a significant drop in friends: made the game feel empty. I agree with you Enkrypt, assuming I am reading you right, a large part of enjoying the game is about friends.
    (The second reason was the nerfed content.)

Asking worth is a moot point and I feel foolish for even mentioning it. But it just seems, to me, like such a small price to pay especially given you have amassed that much gold, to enjoy the game assuming there's still part of you that would.
    Sadly the addiction broke. I bought a month here and there over the years to check things out but the desire/draw is gone. With chat programs though, its so easy to still maintain friendships. My oldest platform, as I mentioned above, is a Skype channel. About a year ago though I had a couple people reach out to me to join some Discord channels. Its a bit interesting how many of the same people are in each of the channels I join. Anyway, back on point: the problem now is that I've lost interest in the game.

Not faulting you, I just can't imagine quitting for that reason especially if you're an accomplished and skilled at the game. But I respect it.
    It's nice to see no drama/well worded responses. Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Cata 4.2: Did not find the game engaging by that time.
    Cata 4.2.2: fucking Blizzard and its nerfs. Heroic FL became an absolute joke. That patch was a big reason for my first, of three, retirements.

Kind of have to thank Blizzard though for saving me from the mess that came in 4.3.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    fake server population lol alright.
    What I said wasn't wrong though. I probably should of taken the fake part out since I changed what I was originally going to say, and iterated on how it's different now vs how it was back in the day

Legion 7.0. Rng legendaries. After long time without my first and affter than second legend i rolled 2 worst possible for my spec. Its not like bad legendaries but actually the worst of them

Also my spec was underperforming in m+

Last Thursday my computer stopped working so I had to order a new one through Staples. Just got it today because I had them put an antivirus on it.

The main reason I quit is because I couldn’t find a main to invest my time in.
    All my friends were progressing while I was leveling alts because I couldn’t find anything that blew my mind... and I’m not talking about numbers, I don’t really care about them, I’m taking playstyle and enjoyment... and sadly very few things have changed since then...

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    ...food.. food.. fucking Nomi..
    You've got me there. It literally took me until the last 3 months of the expansion to get rank 3 suramar feasts. It didn't make me quit WoW, but man
    it made me hate cooking as a profession. Every alliance alt I had leveled became a tool to funnel more raw bacon into his insatiable stove.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-08-04 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    4.0.x, main reason at that time was leveling bg's were full of bots with no real evidence they were being banned or acted against. I mainly did leveling bg's at that point.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    i quit fairly early in legion, shortly after the suramar raid opened.
    i just hated the feeling of being forced to do stuff outside of raiding to perform my best at raiding.
    i know its my own fault, at least in part. but i'm someone that wants to get every last ounce out of my character, so i felt compelled to do m+ and tons of worldquests, which i hated both.

Raiding is the only thing i really really enjoy in wow, so if i could play by just logging in for the weekly raidtimes and not fall way behind everyone else, i'd probably still play today

It's nice to see no drama/well worded responses. Cheers.
    Reading about your "story" was a good read. Part of me just wants to buy you a month, and I don't know why, I don't even know you, I just do. If you do ever decide to return, come check out Tichondrius. I'll show you around, haha.

Either way, thanks for explaining. Cheers to you, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by popotine View Post
    Hi, title says it all.
    Why did you stop playing WOW?
    Personal reasons? monthly cost? The way the game evolved over the years? the way the community turned into? etc etc?
    id be curious to know why.

For me definitely the way the community turned out to be.
    time consuming. I quit wow 10 years ago and I just quit i dont even remember my id and passw and email. At that time felt sorry that I ignored my real life friends and didnt go out much nor exercise much (my other hobbies are physical exercise and music).
    But then I started playing it again 3 weeks ago bcause I was curious bout pandaren shaman and my bf is not here. He hates me playing this. I am that kind of person,who once got addicted I just wanna play it again and again. Other games don't turn me into ignorant person in real life. This game has so many things to be done. Do this quest and that quest that boss, that dungeon, that pvp, profession etc. Never ending story. So I discontinued my subscription yesterday. I have too many hobbies and full time job and my bf that I wont trade with a game. Wow can be the last (if i have time but no I dont have) bcause for me it was like going to the other world and made me forgot real life. Wow is too dangerous for me personally. Maybe its just me. So I quit. This time I didnt join any guilds I dont have friends in wow, it makes me get bored easily somehow which is good. For health and good life. No offense tho, i realize people have different priorities and personality. Some can balance game and life pretty well. By the way who wants my 3000 gold? Frostmourne. Let me know

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you once that happens.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    BFA. Shit expansion. Copy paste of Legion. Oh no legendary weapon anymore. Here you are. Now it is a neck! Wow. how impressive.
    Specs plays almost 100% the same as in Legion
    In my opinion I saw 0 innovation with BFA

I have no friends, and video games are boring without friends

BfA made me quit about 3 weeks ago, and I've never quit any WoW expansion. BfA is so bad, it's made me actually for the first time, begin to worry about where the game is going.

Not even WoD made me worry about that.

the rogue got all jacked up now you can't really use the class anymore.