Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rym44 View Post
    I agree that warlock is not ok right now, which is that due to the way the class IS, which is without mobility (exclusive exception is the portal and the circle), low survivablity (I can survive by exploiting Astral Healing Potion which is literally Lay on Hands on a 1 minute cooldown), almost no utility (is Fear the single most expensive CC in the entire game?) and low damage.

Affliction, all of affliction's dots can be instantly dispelled including unstable affliction because regardless of whether it silences you or not it's duration AND damage of the silence is completely useless when you can trade for it the warlock's entire burst rotation. Oh the affliction warlock put up 5 unstable afflictions on me, a corruption and agony and used summon darkglare? Let me quickly dispel absolutely everything with a single button and get a small silence trade while denying Deathbolt.

Demonlogy, ww.youtube.com/watch?v=i-4u6gn1r4U holding strong and forever as I see Ion. Hilariously I do my best dps in memeology by severely exploiting legendaries and other mechanics, like everyone else doing top dps is doing right now every single raid.

Destruction, destruction is fire mage's retarded little brother with a side of autistic might I add. I net the lowest DPS out of all three specializations on THE destruction specialization, you'd think the name is a giveaway.

What I personally don't understand, is those people saying WARLOCK WILL BE GOOD AT 120.

Can anyone, anyone at all logically explain to me this specific claim?

Can anyone logically explain to me, how is it possible in any way, shape or form that warlock will be better at level 120, when I'm heavily exploiting stats right now at level 110 to do decent damage?

How can I possibly be better at level 120, when I'll have maybe 10% haste compared to now when I'm hovering at 30% to 40% haste, high crit AND high mastery?

Now please don't come with "oh I do top DPS you just suck", I know you do top dps Steven, I do too, by exploiting stats.

Isn't incinerate a base 2 second cast now?

Isn't chaos bolt a base 3 second cast now AND does less damage than it's legion counterpart?

I'm not even gonna start with AoE, unless there's a pack of 20 mobs in one place it's ALWAYS better for me to spam incinerate and chaos bolts over rain of fire, this way I get higher DPS overall.

I severely, severely doubt this is a case of get good, I'm used to playing with classes that use 40 buttons in other MMOs, how many buttons do wow classes need now after the insane prunes? That's what I thought.

Oh by the way our survivability will be nerfed more in BFA at 120, since everyone will naturally deal higher damage the Astral Healing Potion heals will stay the same, and I'm sure blizzard won't start giving out pots that heal for 100k.

I simply can not understand the reasoning behind "warlock will be better at 120", all logic to the contrary.
    So your problem is this: extreme tunnel vision.
    Not when you actually play, but the way to observe and analyze things. You never mentioned the thing that will shuffle class balancing the most. Class balance is only a comparison, all class balancing is seen in a perspective of class VS class. Meaning that if the top class gets nerfed, by default every other class is seen as better in the meter. Locks can becomes the best without being changed in any way if everything that is stronger gets nerfed. So you can't be looking at ONLY YOUR CLASS to figure out how it can be better.

Another thing that effects class ranking is the encounters themselves. Every fight will advantage one thing over an other, it's possible that warlocks do stuff that will be very good in BfA dungeon compared to other classes.

Now, I don't have the answer for you, I don't know exactly how warlocks will do, I can't see in the future, but based on past experiences, locks have a huge amount of players, and they are good at crying very loud, so just like the past 15 years, they will most likely end up being extremely dominant for free.

What I think lock needs that should be easy enough:

Make Shadowfury instant
    Demonic Circle baseline and make Howl of Terror replace the slot.
    Buff Fel Armor & Dark Pact back to where it was in Legion.
    Soul Link back for all specs
    Reduce the mana for Fear and Drain Life significantly. Fear mana cost at 10% is still unacceptable, especially for Affliction and long fights.

If SL becomes strong enough, then that's where they can hold back on buffing up Fel Armor and DP.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

Make Shadowfury instant
    Reduce the mana for Fear and Drain Life significantly. Fear mana cost at 10% is still unacceptable, especially for Affliction and long fights.

If SL becomes strong enough, then that's where they can hold back on buffing up Fel Armor and DP.
    well if you want that much utility you gotta offer something in return

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    well if you want that much utility you gotta offer something in return
    We DID lost more than any other class/spec since wod. That's "something".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

Make Shadowfury instant

Also, make Cataclysm have 300yd area and buff its damage by 5700%. I mean, if you wanna be blatantly OP, then you may as well go all the way there.

Aside from that, they actually majorly buffed Dark Pact, but you probably don't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Also, make Cataclysm have 300yd area and buff its damage by 5700%.
    That sounds a bit much, they'd probably have to remove the immolate applications to balance it out.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That sounds a bit much, they'd probably have to remove the immolate applications to balance it out.
    That'd be a slap on the face and make it too clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post

Every xpac (except for MAYBE Wrath) lock has had at least one top level spec every tier. It might not be the same spec every tier, but at least we don't have an artifact locking us into a spec for the entire expansion
    Bahaha. Yogg. nuff said.

Back on topic. Warlocks are fine. Stop worrying. I would say that I am a pretty good player. At no point with equal gear have I ever been at the bottom of the charts for any current content that WoW has ever had. For PvP, why do you think the other team focus fires on a lock? It has nothing to do with the fact that they are squishy. Its because they will murder everything in sight. You have to pick on person to focus fire and in a comp that has a lock then you are it. Stop trying to do damage at the start and stay alive until the other team uses their cooldowns then you can start to dot everything up, and I mean everything. The healer, the dps, the crowd, the cute furry animals running around.

For my final statement. Locks are awesome and lets stop the QQ fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    We DID lost more than any other class/spec since wod. That's "something".
    this, in WoD warlock got gutted for utility more then any other class.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Also, make Cataclysm have 300yd area and buff its damage by 5700%. I mean, if you wanna be blatantly OP, then you may as well go all the way there.

Aside from that, they actually majorly buffed Dark Pact, but you probably don't realize that.
    Did they? Interesting. I still prefer Demon Skin, though. It works well for me and did through all of Legion.

I haven't played a lot since the patch but it still feels pretty much the same to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Did they? Interesting. I still prefer Demon Skin, though. It works well for me and did through all of Legion.

I haven't played a lot since the patch but it still feels pretty much the same to me.
    I like to move fast so for me, burning rush > life.

The "legitimate complaint", bois...

Honestly - I am not even bloody sure how can you say that with a straight face looking how locks pretty much dominated Legion, first 2 months notwithstanding.
    Dominated? Locks have an endless cycle of basically shit tier for the first 1/4 to half of an expansion and then end up being a powerhouse at the end. Hell I can name several expansions where locks were pretty much shit tier for a larger portion of an expansion(WotLK for example).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxinator View Post
    Wtf.. Not compatible with Blizzard balancing fantasy.. Are you high or something? Warlocks have literally never been bad for an entire expansion. They have had down periods like every single other class out there, but they have always had good periods too.
    Warlocks are still used in high tier arena comps, and they are always great in battelgrounds. You should stop posting bullshit that has no basis in reality.
    What single class ever has been bad an entire expansion? If anything locks have been bad for longer periods of an expansion than other classes have.

Locks launch in a bad place every expansion since wotlk, sometimes unplayable bad in pvp and cringe worthy pve...especially by today’s standards! Then by the time final tier itemization and a expansion of fixes (which often were said in beta lol) the class finishes strong...top 3 or so damage.

Do you want to deal with 6 months of total shit show, 1 year of awkward, a 1 year of getting better but, and 6 months of pretty good? That is the expansion life cycle of a lock. This one is going to be especially bad with war mode and all the encouragement towards pvp.

No disrespect to individuals here but you talk about “what is theoretically possible” play as it should be expected by everyone when 99.99% of the people killing us are droolcup retard button mashing and basically counter say 1800+MMR play by an instant and blindly tunneling mashing whatever button lights up or is off cooldown. I am saying that disparity isn’t okay and if the melee hunting you plays to even a remotely similar level your theoretical play you needed to combat the retard becomes useless vs a melee who is skilled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is already pretty damn ridiculous, its only weakness is burst AoE at the moment. I bet it will get nerfed a tad.

I think you exaggerate a bit there. Legion - it was 3 months of suck, then mad buffs and Aff being defacto best ranged damage dealer for the whole expansion.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-08-15 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted

Nobody realizes that if this was a thing, we`d still be underpowered since it could still be imuun'ed, kicked or LoS'ed or whatever. Also dark pact? What?
    Stamina? Extra health the worth of 1 autoattack by any melee class? What game are we playing?

If anything, 120 has gotten worse since melee did not get any of their tools removed that can prevent somebody casting yet we are sitting here with 5% haste now.

And STILL there are people saying warlock is fine

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    I like to move fast so for me, burning rush > life.
    Speed used to be a big thing for me too, but I found that I enjoy being able to take on big groups of mobs and not die more.

Affliction is already pretty damn ridiculous, its only weakness is burst AoE at the moment. I bet it will get nerfed a tad.

I think you exaggerate a bit there. Legion - it was 3 months of suck, then mad buffs and Aff being defacto best ranged damage dealer for the whole expansion.
    *by dps meters

I honestly think incinerate and conflagrate should hit harder than they do, at the very least incinerate because as it is it feels like I'm playing a Charred Remains warlock from WoD with how pitiful incinerate's damage is.

I'd say the same of demo's shadowbolt. Currently affliction's shadow bolt is the only filler that feels remotely appropriate in damage, and this is on a spec with a ton of other sustained damage sources.

If Incinerate received meaty buffs and FnB was reverted to 100% damage, destro would have viable aoe that isn't tied to a 30 sec cd on clumped adds.

Just on principle hardcasts should be hitting moderately hard. My demonhunter's demon's bite shouldn't be doing more damage than an incinerate while being an instant for obvious PvP balancing reasons.