Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Are you calling LFR and normal for “semi-casual”. You can do normal raiding naked. Even heroic are for pugs and casuals

Sorry about that. Keeping to the point I have to say that Warriors look really good in BFA. All specs have great gameplay and especially Fury. I would like to go Warrior for BFA but my guild have enough in the roster, so I’m going Rogue instead. But I would say you should stick to a Warrior currently.
    I would but I really want my warrior to be a Mag'har but I have to unlock them first :P I wanted to main a caster - ideally a Shaman - until I unlocked and leveled a Mag'har Warrior. I mean, I could boost a Warrior then race change it to a Mag'har but maybe that wouldn't be as fun as a new freshly leveled character.

Also, a Highmountain Shaman is such a cool race/class combo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapwn View Post
    I've been planning to wipe the dust off my Elemental Shaman that I haven't touched since MoP for BFA but unfortunately I've only been hearing bad things about them so far and that they'll only be viable after 8.1's fixes. How true is that? My main concerns are how fun is Elemental Shaman's PvE rotation. I've mained a MM Hunter throughout Legion and I'm pretty sick of the bland rotation and animations. I want to hurl Lava Burst crits like I did back in Cata/MoP. I plan to play semi casually, primarily PvE-ing through dungeons and LFR untill I gear up for a normal raiding guild (so min-maxing isn't a huge deal). I also want to dabble in War Mode.

Should I hold off from Elemental Shaman till 8.1 and go with a Fury Warrior instead?

EDIT: ...why did I spell "or" as "our". My apologies.
    Play what you want. If you're a fotm reroller then keep rerolling or play what you want. The difference isn't big enough for it to matter unless you strive for world first which you most likely don't (realistically).

Don't do what other people think is fun for you.

Gaddam that bad huh.
    I've felt so attacked playing ele sham the whole xpac... they started out garbage and wholly reliant on fire elemental uptime for any decent dps. but then they decided to have mercy on us and give us a single target dps buff at the cost of haste scaling from our earthquake which was unfortunate. Many other ranged dps specs remained powerhouses and untouched. Idk why the design team had their sights set on "tweaking"(nerfing) our most colorful and vibrant spellcaster throughout the entire xpac. It was soulcrushing to see creative builds/ways to play get snuffed out patch after patch. Now our rotations are "your filler from Legion is now your main spell". It feels like some xpacs back when lightning bolt was all they ever cast and it actually did alot of damage before the intro of mastery: overload.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    fuck no don't even try.

MoP elemental is the pinnacle of elemental, it's all it ever was and ever will be.

WoD was the shithole of elemental.

Legion wasn't bad some nice builds and talent choices but compared to MoP no survival, no mobility, no utility.

BfA is closer to WoD than anything else, no survival no mobility, flame shock has a cooldown again, abilities that should be baseline are still choices.

also lava burst is still nothing like MoP it's weak you need a lot of lava surges before you feel like it's a strong spell.
    BfA Ele makes WoD Ele look like pure genious...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Wait until 8.1 then immediately bench it in 9.0
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Even though I feel Resto is fine right now, the fact that both Ele and Enhance feel so awful that I couldn't recommend it.

Deleted
    Can you explain me, why do you think enhance is that bad ?

It is prepatch + beta... you shoul not consider numbers as a factor.... that being said:
    Enhance unlike many other classes has kept more or less his class identity of a RNG spiky bursty class.
    Maybe not the highest burts , not highest consistent dmg, but combine this with good utility and there you go.

1v1 - Enh is stronK ... insane selfhealing
    Arenas - Turbo will be viable again
    RBG - maybe not that greate (low mobility)
    PvE - Fun is subjective and viability is subject to a tuning - so no1 can tell at this point.

So, if you enjoy your class "gameplay wise" and you want to do arenas, PvE, 1v1 - stick to your shammy.
    If you want to dominate RBGs maybe look somewhere else.

On whoever thinks this is BS, I am open to 1v1 challenges with same gearscore. Enh is not the best, but it is one of the better classes

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think 8.1 will fix anything?
    You payed for BfA, play something you enjoy, not something you may enjoy at some point in the future.

I've been planning to wipe the dust off my Elemental Shaman that I haven't touched since MoP for BFA but unfortunately I've only been hearing bad things about them so far and that they'll only be viable after 8.1's fixes. How true is that? My main concerns are how fun is Elemental Shaman's PvE rotation. I've mained a MM Hunter throughout Legion and I'm pretty sick of the bland rotation and animations. I want to hurl Lava Burst crits like I did back in Cata/MoP. I plan to play semi casually, primarily PvE-ing through dungeons and LFR untill I gear up for a normal raiding guild (so min-maxing isn't a huge deal). I also want to dabble in War Mode.

Should I hold off from Elemental Shaman till 8.1 and go with a Fury Warrior instead?

EDIT: ...why did I spell "or" as "our". My apologies.
    Vulpera won't come until later. So wait! That heritage armor will be everything for a shaman.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

So this 4% overall damage buff...Restoring faith for anyone? Still trying to make the decision whether to jump ship or stay faithful for yet another expac.

Elemental shaman is consistently one of the worst specs in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    IMO wait until 17.3
    i lol'd.

It's true though. I've been playing Elemental since vanilla (hybrid Resto/ele in vanilla, which was awesome). And this is the worst shape i've seen elemental in EVER. This is even shittier than WoD.

I'm rerolling, this is just beyond me, And i have no hope in blizzard "fixing" this in 8.1. Sure there will be some talent reshuffling and they might remove that retarded CD on flame shock (if we are lucky). But that doesn't fix the retarded mindset blizzard have for elemental, As someone stated above "It's like creating a DoT class that can't Multi Dot".

I'm out i have lost hope. RIP elemental

Unfortunately, the concept of ele that Blizzard dev thinks is not necessary in raid.
    So 8.1 can not be greatly improved and do not expect. ele is just to fill three specs.

8.1 is in a couple of months, right?

R.I.P shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    BfA Ele makes WoD Ele look like pure genious...
    I don't get his WotLK was supposed to be bad for ele. My wife played ele then and multiple people from my guild and all I heard was good things. Pretty surer LvB was introduced in wrath. Now if that fellow was saying for pvp or was qq about not being tops of charts there was the DK and blizz only had love for them. But ya it was genius compared to BFA. I really hope our active skills get buffed. Though I did blowup 14 Sethraki or however is spelled snake ppl last night without using rock ele.

I have an Ele, not playing it til God knows when : /

playing solo/outdoors enhancement with pvp traits for SS feels good. elemental feels just awful in comparison with FS cd, without root totem etc.

So yeh Im playing enhancement for now and will reroll back to ele as soon as I can. Probably will be benched early on but tbh Idc that much about it, it's still summer and feel no rush at all to be ready because elemental is just too useless to raid with.

Quite embarrassing for blizz developers to have a complete different vision of this spec than the actual players who play it but it is what it is.

If by trying shaman you mean after 120 then I don't know.

I totally don't see any harm in LEVELING shaman to 120, its really not that bad as enhance, and if legion is a good reference, there is absolutely no harm but only advantage to have another max level character.

whenever i see a 120 ele sham i want to give that person all my gold. The pain and suffering they went through was truly epic.

I play Elemental shaman. In dunegons it is not that bad with CDs on boss and we do a decent aoe dmg.

But other than dungs....Jesus Christ, the person who was responsible for shaman changes should be whopped with a belt in the ass and be cut of BFA release extra money. I don't see why would anyone take ele shammy to raid team...weak dps, weak utilities for raid...just useless.

Also doing world quests is ridiculous....well rares are fine, i can whip out my earth ele etc., but killing normal mobs takes ages and we take lots of dmg. Lava Burst dmg is a joke, cd on flame shock is a FUCKIN joke, the one who think it was ok.....i just have no words, removing gust of winds...zero mobility....

The class is the worst class atm next to shadow priest, fuck this even WoD ele is better, srsly its the new low low for Ele shammies.

But as always i will just stick to it....it will be a pain but i love the concept of ele shammy in general, it just needs more competent ppl at class department in Blizz hq
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2018-08-17 at 04:30 PM.