Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How does your character reconcile/react to Teldrassil?

If you're Horde, how does your character reconcile the Burning of Teldrassil and the Invasion of Northern Kalimdor? If you're Alliance, how does your character react to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Depends on my character, really. Some of my Horde characters are cool with it, others like Saurfang question Sylvanas' tactics (or outright decry her lack of decency or honor). My Alliance characters generally view it with the same uniform disgust, although my Void Elf Hunter has a kind of detachment (that I think befits their race) that make his Alliance peers question his loyalties a bit.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

My main character is like "Horde did what now?... Are you serious?" *Walks home, packs bags and leaves.* "Screw this, I'm out." and goes into hiding in neutral lands.

Depends on the character. Tauren Druid? Super awkward questing through Darkshore killing all the druid things.... Demon Hunter? Death Knight? didn't give a shit. Most of my other characters though don't feel weird either, but I would guess as a shaman, priest, paladin or anything that strives for balance or "good" would take issue with it.

I'm really just holding out for how this whole thing unfolds. I have a server character count full of Horde 110's so I'm not going anywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    My Goblin shaman would shrug and be like meh whatever. Night Elves have been stomping around Azshara since cata so i don't feel bad for them.

My gnome main has always been sort of meh about the WAR aspect of Warcraft, but there's absolutely some extra anger towards the horde right now... although I'm not sure how much your average alliance character KNOWS at this point - I as a player obviously know that Sylvanas was behind it with little to no support from the rest of the faction leaders, but would my character know that?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I finnaly got my scarlet tabard and have been trasmoging all of my alliance into it so I think all of my alliance characters agree it’s time to refound the scarlet crusade. My horde are Proabbly stabbing people and hunting and don’t care.

Not happy. But the Horde is family and it's all we have left.

My warlock fondly wishes there was a tinge of greens to those flames.

Deleted
    My Lightforged Priest is not so shocked by the Burning of Teldrassil. He didn't expect it from the Horde, but he has gotten used to seeing thousands of innocents die, after centuries spent fighting the horrors of the Burning Legion. He is currently using the Light to tend to the wounded refugees, and trying to spread hope in these dark times.

My Blood Elf cheers on the fire and thinks to himself "That's your fault for the shit you did in Quel'thalas unprovoked. I could have been there with you and helped defend your home, now I help set it ablaze."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

7+ Year Old Account
    About time we finally beat those tree-huggers.
    This conflict has dragged on too much since Grom started chopping Ashenvale.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Deleted
    My main is a Forsaken Fire mage so i'd imagine 1) Loving the fire 2) screaming 'for the Banshee Queen' with his metal jaw....

15+ Year Old Account
    My undead warlock rejoices and hopes Sylvanas won't stop there. Although he's still disappointed she won't raise non-human undead.
    My tauren druid openly disapproves when confronted by other druids of his order, but keeps quiet when amongst fellow horde members.
    My orc warrior totally understands the strategical and tactical reasoning behind it, even though he also respects Saurfang's reaction.
    My blood elf priestess appears to be perfectly neutral towards the event and will follow Sylvanas in this war as the Banshee Queen is a former blood elf and a protector of Quel'Thalas.
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The orc mage I'm maining this expansion doesn't care in the least. He knows that holding back in a fight leads to more damage on both sides. If you don't fight all out, you are doing a disservice. Considering how he did the Darkshore questline, I'd like to think he threw a few fireballs of his own. He is a young orc, definitely not of Saurfang's generation, and his lack of talent in wielding an axe meant he was relegated to peon status in the Horde. The value of 'honor' in the Horde meant he could never rise to anything without fighting talent, so he began to detest the term. Now that he can actually join the battles after studying Azerothian arcane magic, he brings that distaste to the battlefield. When war begins, it ought to be finished. No need to draw out battles for the sake of meaningless honor. Burn it down. Keeping the tree would give them no valuable resources and would actually COST the Horde to maintain a defense of it. To him, it would be illogical.

My blood elf monk also doesn't care, but for different reasons. He doesn't want the war, but anything that happens in the war he sees as equally inevitable and tragic. He isn't participating in the war, but staying in Eversong, attempting to heal the Dead Scar and helping the peoples with various problems.

My goblin priest thinks it was a bad idea, he was enjoying the relative peace of pre-Sargeras. More customers looking to hire a healer, more faithful to tithe. With the war sending people off to the seas, he's losing a lot of business. He's staying in Shattrath for the foreseeable future, basking in the power granted by the nearby Naaru and scamming the citizens of the lower city.

My blood elf paladin is appalled. During the Cataclysm he gained a reverence for nature when he first walked under the boughs of Nordrassil and met the might Ysera. He was heartbroken when he watched her die in Val'Sharah. He also had a deep respect of Sylvanas, and had grown up (he is pretty young for a blood elf) with the tales of how the mighty Windrunner sisters had defended their homeland. He fought beneath the Forsaken banner and even along Sylvanas herself many times after the blood elves joined the Horde. The fact that she, his hero, would perform such an act and destroy a great symbol of life, has got him pretty twisted up. If the Battle for Azeroth ends up turning the Horde against Sylvanas, he may have to pick up his sword once more.

My character is a mindless cartoon that has no thoughts at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    If you're Horde, how does your character reconcile the Burning of Teldrassil and the Invasion of Northern Kalimdor? If you're Alliance, how does your character react to it?
    Speaking in character: my Demon hunter would be indifferent to it. Illidan is her leader, not Sylvanas. My goblin is all smiles, counting her gold over Azerite sales.

My HMT druid on the other hand, would walk away from the horde if it were possible. He didn't sign up to do stuff like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    my nightborne feels terrible.
    unlike the other nightborne she doesn't feel anger or hatred towards the night elves.
    that she witnessed such a disaster filled her heart with sorrow.

while my night elf priestess wants to rip the heart out of every horde member.
    she not only lost her home, but also her little sister.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    My gnome main has always been sort of meh about the WAR aspect of Warcraft, but there's absolutely some extra anger towards the horde right now... although I'm not sure how much your average alliance character KNOWS at this point - I as a player obviously know that Sylvanas was behind it with little to no support from the rest of the faction leaders, but would my character know that?
    Well she orchestrated and led the attack herself, so I imagine that it would be common knowledge that Sylv was the one most directly responsible.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

My undead warlock wishes Sylvanas would just go ahead and mount an all out offensive on Stormwind, with carpet plague-bombing its streets from Zeppelins.