Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    She doesn't, because I'm done playing the game and RPing the character.

Absolutely catastrophic, biased storytelling from writers with blindingly clear favorites. Fuck that. I'm tired of the night elves being shit on. BFA fixing none of the gameplay issues of WoW just sealed the deal.

This was my first thought:
    (The IT Crowd - Fire at Sea Parks)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7KFPBXggk

10+ Year Old Account
    Many of my characters weren't there when sylvanas torched teldrassil, since I only went there on my death Knight and warlock.

My main characters were still helping their order halls when it occured.

Justified by military necessity.

My belf's a loyalist, until Sylvanas loses the Mak'gora.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf Paladin views it as necessity, but saw over time how Sylvanas was taking the Horde down a dark path and turned against her, supporting Saurfang at the end.

She never liked Sylvanas, though she's always appreciated what the Forsaken had done for the Sin'dorei.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Justified by military necessity.

My belf's a loyalist, until Sylvanas loses the Mak'gora.
    For what reasons does your belf turn on Sylvanas? Is it only the cheating?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Blood Elf Paladin views it as necessity, but saw over time how Sylvanas was taking the Horde down a dark path and turned against her, supporting Saurfang at the end.
    Similar question: what exactly is that dark path? If the burning of Teldrassil was a necessity, then what else isn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    For what reasons does your belf turn on Sylvanas? Is it only the cheating?
    She doesn't care about the cheating. She was aligned with Sylvanas out of pragmatism, and she's just switching to the winning team by dumping her.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    My characters weren't there for it, because they were leading their order halls in the aftermath of the legion. My character also outranked sylvanas at this stage of the game so she had no authority to even call them up, leader of a class order and saviour of azeroth who rode on deathwings back, killed the legions second in commands, killed the lich king (something she herself failed to do), lead a counter invasion on an alternative timeline, and stood before the titans themselves deeming me worthy before killing a new born titan, yeah, my rank f**king outranked warchief by several thousand yards at this stage of the game.

My main is a Kaldorei druid.

She is absolutely disgusted by both Alliance and Horde.

The weakness of the Alliance in the moments that counted most made her despair in the fires as she tried her best to save as many children in the fires of Darnassus. She remembers when Varian Wrynn spared Garrosh from being executed on the spot. Back then she even admired the human King to some extent. This has left her feeling dreadful for the future of the Alliance and most importantly her own people.

Having watched the new "Human King", a weak little boy, fail so miserably alongside a disgruntled, sentimental parent is enough for her to abandon the thought of being part of the Alliance and giving the Horde the benefit of the doubt is out of the question.

She's retreated to Val'sharah to aid in the possible restoration of Shaladrassil after the defeat of Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare and wishes to have no part in the childish meddlings of the Alliance and Horde no longer.

The invocation of the Night Warrior hasn't gone unnoticed as far as she is concerned, but she believes that her powers are better spent trying to mend what lands of the Kaldorei still exist rather than hunting for vengeance and possibly watching more of her sisters die in vain.
    Last edited by Lillyth; 2019-11-30 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post

The weakness of the Alliance in the moments that counted most made her despair in the fires as she tried her best to save as many children in the fires of Darnassus. She remembers when Varian Wrynn spared Garrosh from being executed on the spot. Back then she even admired the human King to some extent. This has left her feeling dreadful for the future of the Alliance and most importantly her own people.

Having watched the new "Human King", a weak little boy, fail so miserably alongside a disgruntled, sentimental parent is enough for her to abandon the thought of being part of the Alliance and giving the Horde the benefit of the doubt is out of the question.

She's retreated to Val'sharah to aid in the possible restoration of Shaladrassil after the defeat of Xavius in the Emerald Nightmare and wishes to have no part in the childish meddlings of the Alliance and Horde no longer.

The invocation of the Night Warrior hasn't gone unnoticed as far as she is concerned, but she believes that her powers are better spent trying to mend what lands of the Kaldorei still exist rather than hunting for vengeance and possibly watching more of her sisters die in vain.
    That was excellent. Sad, but excellent.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

my night elf druid is considered KIA when he was trying to save as many lives as possible when the tree was burning. probably gonna see him in shadowlands.

my night elf DK would love to join tyrande and avenge teldrassil and his lost twin brother even if it means to leave the alliance.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2019-11-30 at 09:21 PM.

Sylvanas is a bitch. That's it. This was exactly what she was like before Teldrassil and she's exactly the kind of character that would do something like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    My main, whom I've named Syletta Whispermoon, is a Kal'dorei Warrior.

She felt like she failed everyone who burned. It was her duty to stand on the front lines, and prevent the Horde from pushing further into Night elf lands.
    When Teldrassil burned, she felt hopeless and nearly lost her life on those shores as she retreated from the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post

I second Mirishka’s comment; that was poignant and powerful. It’s a very mature way to have a character react to loss on a massive scale.

Does your character pine for the old days when the night elves were members of neither faction, like back in W3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephi5315 View Post
    My main, whom I've named Syletta Whispermoon, is a Kal'dorei Warrior.

She felt like she failed everyone who burned. It was her duty to stand on the front lines, and prevent the Horde from pushing further into Night elf lands.
    When Teldrassil burned, she felt hopeless and nearly lost her life on those shores as she retreated from the horde.

A lot of tragic RP has come out of this event, but it’s also allowed a lot of people to develop their characters in light of what’s a massive, canon writing prompt. Given your characters (incorrect) laying of some blame on herself, where is she now? Especially post-night warrior/banshee fleeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    I second Mirishka’s comment; that was poignant and powerful. It’s a very mature way to have a character react to loss on a massive scale.

Does your character pine for the old days when the night elves were members of neither faction, like back in W3?

- - - Updated - - -
    She doesn't, not really. She enjoyed life the most during the events of Legion because she got to re-discover Suramar and watch the biggest threats to Azeroth fall. She's been doubting the decisions made by Tyrande and the "Human King" for a long time. These doubts have always been quelled by the thought that Elune is guiding Tyrande. However with the most recent events, it is not that she abandoned her belief that Tyrande is guided by Elune, it is more that she believes her powers are better spent elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont play on an RP server, but I'm invested in the story enough to always consider these things. My dwarf warrior never felt kinship with the forest-loving elves, but he is extremely well-travelled and understands their pain. In perhaps typical dwarven style, he considers the loss of life painful and regrettable, but the loss of historical artifacts the nightelves kept in their tree even worse.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

All of my characters were happily manning catapults. For the Horde!

Those who say the burning of Teldrassil lacked honor... lack ambition.

7+ Year Old Account
    Made a run to the store to get more graham crackers, marshmallows, and Hershey chocolate bars.

My character is actually really horrified by Teldrassil. He sees parallels between the scourge razing Quel'thalas and the Lich Queen razing the tree.

Having lived through the horror he's fairly traumatized and I'd say he has some PTSD going on and Teldrassil is literally triggering.

He's not a happy camper.

He's mad as Hell and not gonna take it any more.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD