Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In current WoW, TBC is the closest thing to Vanilla WoW right now... in fact it is the most vanilla content in current WoW. Think about that for a second :P

But in my honest opinion TBC and WotLK are like the height of my times in WoW. At the beginning of TBC I got into a hardcore raiding guild (still in to this day) for he first time, I had raided in Vanila but we only got to BWL. I hold TBC in such high regard, so many good memories.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    Best in slot was a mix of both, some PvE items were game changing.

It was like that for the whole xpac.
    No it wasn't. Just saying something different without any details whatsoever is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Back to reality: actually, it was the best expansion this game has ever seen.
    This... so much of this. Looks like a Troll post to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    All the dungeons were linear and the introduction of heroics was the first step toward muti-level difficulties.
    Stunherald and other RNG ruled PvP. Arenas introduction frankly ruined PvP shifting balance from group to 3v3. This began the homogenisation we see today.
    Tier tokens
    40man -> 10man -> 25man killed shit loads of guilds.
    Introduction of flying mounts seriously damaged world pvp.
    Daily quests became the standard for rep farming, not nessecary worse than Vanillas farm everything approach but a lot faster and led to daily hubs.
    Pvp gear was from arena the only method of decent gear was playing in a sand pit fighting your own faction not the Alliance.
    Druids in Arena
    rofl

Dungeons were no more linear than they've ever been. I do agree that the introduction of heroics was the first step toward multi-level difficulties, but was a nice option to go back to a dungeon at max level with notable mechanic changes.

RNG did not rule PvP. Skill ruled PvP more than anything else back then until PvP gear started taking over near the end of the expansion. PvP gear did more to destroy WoW PvP in the long run than Arena.

Tier tokens were interesting, but hardly game breaking or really even a problem.

40 man -> 10 man -> 25 man didn't kill any guilds that I knew back then.

World PvP was still very active in BC. It didn't die until Wrath. At least get your facts straight. I did more world PvP in BC than I actually did in Vanilla.

Daily quests were entirely optional. Sometimes we did them, sometimes we didn't. There was plenty of varied content in BC, so you could actually choose.

Overall, I'd give you a 2 / 10 rating for this troll effort. You clearly didn't play (or were way too young at the time to understand what you were doing), but at least you did a bit more research than most trolls that try to claim BC was garbage.

TBC was Classic streamlined (people routinely forget that Outland was slated to be released with Classic). Regardless, I consider it to be the best expansion to date, and to be frank, they could solve a lot of issues by revamping old content for new expansions, e.g. they could have revamped Lordaeron ... added Kul Tiras, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    TBC was Classic streamlined (people routinely forget that Outland was slated to be released with Classic). Regardless, I consider it to be the best expansion to date, and to be frank, they could solve a lot of issues by revamping old content for new expansions, e.g. they could have revamped Lordaeron ... added Kul Tiras, etc.
    Also this... Kara was going to be the next Vanilla Raid after Naxx, hence Aetish's neat portal to Kara, but Shareholders complained they weren't getting more money... so poof... you had to buy the expac, and they had to make it worth the money so ... 10 more levels, and a bunch of new stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    This... so much of this. Looks like a Troll post to me.
    It is. Just look at OP's started thread history.

Better than MoP-Legion, and so far BFA. /thread

All the dungeons were linear and the introduction of heroics was the first step toward muti-level difficulties.
    Stunherald and other RNG ruled PvP. Arenas introduction frankly ruined PvP shifting balance from group to 3v3. This began the homogenisation we see today.
    Tier tokens
    Daily quests became the standard for rep farming, not nessecary worse than Vanillas farm everything approach but a lot faster and led to daily hubs.
    Pvp gear was from arena the only method of decent gear was playing in a sand pit fighting your own faction not the Alliance.
    Druids in Arena
    Except the best world PVP I had ever experienced was at Halaa......

Tier tokens fixed issues with players never seeing their sets or you getting gear when you did not have a player in that class.

The first multi-tier difficulty dungeon was DM North as you could do it in hard mode(tribute run) or easy more and clear everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Except the best world PVP I had ever experienced was at Halaa......

Tier tokens fixed issues with players never seeing their sets or you getting gear when you did not have a player in that class.

The first multi-tier difficulty dungeon was DM North as you could do it in hard mode(tribute run) or easy more and clear everything.
    Loved Halaa, some of my favorite World PvP memories were there.

Sounds like people have opinions.. go figure.. if you dont like BC then why care or bring it up unless its just to troll.. right.. thats right.. to troll..

I liked BC a lot. Just like Classic. I liked Legion too. Go figure. I just like WoW and am not worried about which version it is.

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    No it wasn't. Just saying something different without any details whatsoever is easy.
    Deep thunder and Stormherald, Void Star Talisman for warlock, spirit staff's (for druid innervate mostly), probably a bunch of other trinkets and items I can't remember.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic dungeons provided a huge increase in the amount of small-group content, both for casual players unable to raid and to raiders on off-days.
    They were one of the most well-received components of the expansion.

RNG based PvP was no worse than in vanilla, The Unstoppable Force / Mace specialization was a common pick for Arms Warriors in vanilla.
    The vast majority of premade groups were simply built around two three-minute mages grabbing Berzerker and nuking down the enemy flag carrier / key healers.

Tier tokens
    The addition of tier tokens was partly to reduce the amount of wasted loot going from 40-man to 25/10-man. It was a good move which lessened the disheartening feeling of killing a boss just to disenchant almost all the items.

The raids in vanilla were grossly undertuned for 40man (with the exception of AQ40/Naxx).
    The move to 10/25man massively reduced the micromanagement of keeping a raid guild together and actually promoted the trend of "casual raid guilds" to start.

The only ones who truly suffered from the introduction of flying mounts in PvP were gankers. World PvP in the grand sense died in patch 1.5 as all the serious PvPers were just doing Battlegrounds anyway.

How is this a bad thing? Daily quest hubs focus players into one area, encouraging the World PvP you so crave.

This isn't much different than Vanilla, except you were ranked more on skill [or how overpowered your class was] than time invested.
    Being matched against your own faction just ensured you were better matched with your skill instead of being lucky to be on the dominant faction.

Druids in Arena
    Agreed, Restoration Druids were a toxic cancer on PvP.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

well one thing i dislike that it introduced - multiple difficulties of same dungeons

TBC was the best interation of wow ever without a doubt. Especially the natural progression path was incredibly and is one of the things that still make retail look like dogshot.
    We humans have to stick together

All the dungeons were linear
    False

Hellfire Ramparts was not linear, you had a choice between the 2nd and 3rd boss on who to kill first. Just because most people went to X than Y doesn't mean it is linear. Likewise with the Arcatraz, you had 2 bosses (2nd, 3rd) that you could choose to kill first. Steamvault wasn't linear either. The first and second bosses could be done in either order. You could skip the 2nd boss in the slave pens.

BC sucked major ass, but not for the reasons you listed, because instanced pvp doesn't matter, world pvp matters even less, and multiple raid difficulties was the best thing that ever happened to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Really the only kick in the pants with BC imo, is the reduction of raiding down to 25 and not 20 from 40. If Blizz cut the raid size in half, it would've kept top end guilds of the vanilla era in tact as they would've only had to split the raid in half and not have to widdle down 15.
    Which was odd since vanilla had two 20 man raids (ZG and AQ:20)

Vanilla even had a "10 man" raid in the form of UBRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    The only ones who truly suffered from the introduction of flying mounts in PvP were gankers.
    Wait a minute. People actually think that removing attacking others/the fear of being attacked on roads or when fighting mobs was a good idea ?
    I feel like it should be a major part of any MMORPG. Of course the first instinct is to think it would be better to be safe but it really makes the world more unpredictable and dangerous. I cannot count the number of friends I made that were in the context of world PvP (and I do mean the small world PvP, not the events that died with BGs).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Wait a minute. People actually think that removing attacking others/the fear of being attacked on roads or when fighting mobs was a good idea ?
    I feel like it should be a major part of any MMORPG. Of course the first instinct is to think it would be better to be safe but it really makes the world more unpredictable and dangerous. I cannot count the number of friends I made that were in the context of world PvP (and I do mean the small world PvP, not the events that died with BGs).
    World PvP was simply none existent since patch 1.5, and the added World PvP objectives of Patch 1.12 and Outland did nothing to change that.

What open-world PvP that did happen was almost exclusively a one-sided gank fest and in no way a challenge or exciting for the engaged party.

The open world should be dangerous, of course... and it still was. Most "World PvP" involved you getting jumped while already in combat anyway.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED