Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Rep gating wasn't too bad, it was mostly patterns and starter gear. The rep wasn't hard to grind either. You got lots of rep per daily.
    The raids were awesome.
    The lore was amazing.
    Class balance was decent, but blizzards way of nerfing classes were retarded. The -10% damage aura on Brewmasters meant ANYTHING damage wise was nerfed, including extra action abilities. Then they came out saying they couldn't nerf warlocks due to too many guilds relying on them? What about guilds relying on Brewmasters?

Exactly WoDs problems. Nothing to do outside raid killed game for me. First time I'd actually quit WoW since TBC. Proof that the "raid or die" mentality would kill an MMO, and why they shouldn't listen to mythic raiders. Sorry mythic raiders, you're the SMALLEST minority, that's coming from an ex-mythic raider. If blizzard was to stop mythic raids, the people who quit would be nothing compared to WoDs loss. And yet mythic raiders are the biggest bunch of complainers in WoW, as if everything the game is revolves around them. Especially the LFR complaints, those make me giggle. Without LFR, there would be no amazing raids. Raids take a lot of time and budget, LFR saved raiding, even blizzard have said this. LFR allowed them to justify spending the resources on raids.
    You are missing that the mythic raiders are a large portion of their biggest streamers, which in turn is some of the biggest advertisers of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    At launch of Vanilla, UBRS had no cap (i.e. effectively 40man)..
    UBRS was capped at 15 in v1.3.0... and again at 10 in v1.10.0...
    That was why I put "10 man" in quotes.

Your attempt to sound smart failed because you simply didn't read what I posted correctly.

And yet mythic raiders are the biggest bunch of complainers in WoW, as if everything the game is revolves around them.
    Because they're the ones who actually take the game seriously enough to go to the forums and make complaints, pointing out things that need to be tweaked and fixed.

Especially the LFR complaints, those make me giggle. Without LFR, there would be no amazing raids. Raids take a lot of time and budget, LFR saved raiding, even blizzard have said this. LFR allowed them to justify spending the resources on raids.
    "LFR saved raiding"

you're just guzzling the kool-aid, m8.

If "LFR saved raiding", then what the fuck was the entire rest of the game before patch 4.3? Seriously now. All LFR did was allow every single mouthbreathing keyboard-turner to see every single raid, instead of pushing them to get better and improve their skills at the game. It's like, for example, Super Mario 3D World, where if you die 5 times on any level, it spawns a powerup for you that lets you fly through the level and avoid all obstacles for free. That's what LFR is like. It's a crutch for bad players so that they can feel like they're accomplishing something. Calling it a crutch is a bit too light though, it's more like a wheelchair than a crutch.

Cata as a whole was just a shitstorm of an expansion that caused sub numbers to tank, and LFR just added insult to injury. To claim that it "saved raiding" is just...beyond delusional.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-08-06 at 10:13 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

"LFR saved raiding"

you're just guzzling the kool-aid, m8.

If "LFR saved raiding", then what the fuck was the entire rest of the game before patch 4.3? Seriously now. All LFR did was allow every single mouthbreathing keyboard-turner to see every single raid, instead of pushing them to get better and improve their skills at the game. It's like, for example, Super Mario 3D World, where if you die 5 times on any level, it spawns a powerup for you that lets you fly through the level and avoid all obstacles for free. That's what LFR is like. It's a crutch for bad players so that they can feel like they're accomplishing something. Calling it a crutch is a bit too light though, it's more like a wheelchair than a crutch.

Cata as a whole was just a shitstorm of an expansion that caused sub numbers to tank, and LFR just added insult to injury. To claim that it "saved raiding" is just...beyond delusional.
    Blizzard have stated that LFR has allowed them to justify spending resources for raids.
    I quote DIRECT FROM BLIZZARD:

LFR justifies the creation of more raid content when millions of players are able to see content. Only a few thousand people actually saw Kel'thuzad, but millions saw Deathwing. The reason Mists of Pandaria is starting with 18 bosses and adding larger raid tiers than we have had previously is because many players are going to see the raids through LFR.

Source: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ine-Blue-Posts
    So yeah, about that kool-aid?

You seem to be one of the people that have an opinion of a difficulty that has no effect on you at all, except allow you to have the raids in the first place. Also, as for cata subs, I present WoD subs. Casual content is what brings in the money, not mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think it ranks among the worst ones.

Gameplay and balance was shit for many specs (Steady shot spam, anyone?). Many of the dungeons were just bland, and many were too similar with each other, to the point of some even having clearly copied hallways and rooms, just with a bit different decor (Auchindoun instances being most notable). The lack of decent catch-up gear turned many guilds into "recruitment guilds" for the better faring guilds (and the attunements only made it that much more worse, but were luckily removed as time went on).

But it wasn't all bad, of course. The lore and the setting was interesting (except Kael'thas and Illidan. Not a fan what they did to them). Some of the raids were awesome as well, most notably Karazhan. Really loved Zangarmarsh and Nagrand.

I liked the expansion back in the day, just like I enjoyed Vanilla. But I feel they are just kinda shit now.
    Are you really claiming TBC rotations and class mechanics were were than vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    That was why I put "10 man" in quotes.

Your attempt to sound smart failed because you simply didn't read what I posted correctly.
    I didn't try to sound smart.. I corrected your mistake, when you tried to lecture people, with false information..

When you school people, have your facts straight, please.. It's the opposite of smart, not to have the facts in order.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have stated that LFR has allowed them to justify spending resources for raids.
    I quote DIRECT FROM BLIZZARD:

So yeah, about that kool-aid?

You seem to be one of the people that have an opinion of a difficulty that has no effect on you at all, except allow you to have the raids in the first place. Also, as for cata subs, I present WoD subs. Casual content is what brings in the money, not mythic raiding.
    Casual content is why there's a lot of private servers that go up to WOTLK. It is also why Blizzard has finally given in and are making a Classic server. It is also why Blizzard doesn't announce sub numbers anymore. The game was most popular before they had LFR. Change my mind.

Putting in the in-game-store is what drove the casual nature of retail WoW. The few % of whales that exist in retail WoW, make a huge profit for Blizzard and hard content upsets the whales. Also Blizzard doesn't need to justify making raids for WoW, because without raids there is no purpose in WoW. What would you do in a game where you just ran around farming gear? To farm more gear? Play Pokemon? Dungeon crawl? Things that Blizzard says is more to keep you from getting upset, than actually finding the truth.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts didn't kill World PvP. Resilience killed World PvP. World PvP was alive and well until around season 2 of arena or so.

If you didn't have PvP gear you died horribly. No chance. If you had PvP gear and so did the other person, what used to be a quick and exciting skirmish turned into a 5 minute fucking slogfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is a mess and will be closed.

It's little more than pointless argument and derailing at this point.

My apologies to those who are trying to be constructive but the thread doesn't belong in this forum (which is very pointedly NOT about judging the merits of Burning Crusade) and now that I'm seeing arguments about whether or not LFR should have ever been created there's no real use in moving it or continuing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."