Fire mage: I'm so sad

So here's my story:

I just dinged level 100 with my fire mage alt. Until then I was thinking it was "fine but lacking", The levelling was a bit slow, the gameplay a bit clunky.

THEN randomly I check the tooltip of Fireblast and I just discovered that I can freaking cast it WHILE CASTING FIREBALL. Until now I would just wait for the fireball to hit and check if it proc'd to cast it...

My life has changed since.

Gosh what a noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwhorn View Post
    So here's my story:

I just dinged level 100 with my fire mage alt. Until then I was thinking it was "fine but lacking", The levelling was a bit slow, the gameplay a bit clunky.

THEN randomly I check the tooltip of Fireblast and I just discovered that I can freaking cast it WHILE CASTING FIREBALL. Until now I would just wait for the fireball to hit and check if it proc'd to cast it...

My life has changed since.

Gosh what a noob.
    Yea, use Fire Blast to create Hot Streaks, and always Hot Streak 'into' a fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    and always Hot Streak 'into' a fireball.
    That too I wasn't doing correctly. I had to check the Icy Veins guide to fully understand how the rotation flows. I wonder how many players play this spec poorly without even knowing it...

Deleted
    But that's the most fun part of Fire Mage

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Holy shit, you can do that? Wow, Fire Mage just got even more interesting for me!

Remember kids: Always read your tooltips for spells you've never used before

But yeah, they did this quite awhile ago when Fire was simply too inconsistent. It's also why you get other passives to help out like Critical Mass, Enhanced Pyrotechnics, and a base flat increase to crit. Without them, getting two crits in a row would be very unlikely and you'd just be spamming nothing but fireball.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Well, when i started to play in 2006 i was hitting mobs with a stick as a mage

Anyway, video guides on youtube with explanations and comments on basic mechanics are better start then icy veins imho.
    Once you know basics, go play and check wow-head or icy veins for more advances stuff.
    Then i would recommend class discord (links on icy veins as well) as a last step.

This is awkward... I've been thinking you cant do that for the whole time I played Fire Mage during legion. Well, my excuse is that fire mage was one of my many alts and I did play arcane most of the time on my mage.

Hahaha very nice story. Atleast you figured it out. Im just returning and realized this pretty quickly but I was surprised none the less. It does feel much better than having to wait to use it.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I play a fire mage. I really like to get to that point where I instantly cast one instant pyroblast after the other. With enough crit and a good sense what you are doing, you feel like you could burn down a whole world tree.

Did you know ? Fire Blast used to actually work like that ! All the way to Warlords of Draenor (although technically during Mists and Warlords it was Inferno Blast, but basically it was the same spell), Fire Blast was a regular spell.

Also since it's story time, for the first 3 months of Legion I had a /stopcasting in my Combustion macro, because before Legion, Combustion was a completely different spell that you could not cast while casting something else (if you didn't know that btw, now you do !)

So I knew that I was supposed to be able to cast Combustion during another spell, it didn't work and I didn't even think to look my macro, and I've been playing Mage since 2011. So don't be too harsh on yourself
    Last edited by Araitik; 2018-08-22 at 12:27 PM.