Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Deleted
    It looks good but that's all I can say, but from a raiding or M+ point of view it's completely unintuitive. Information is best clumped 'close' to the center as to not track around too much.

Anyhow definitely something you can use on the big tv for some casual questing, levelling, normal dungeon stuff.

It's extremely pretty, in an ARPG kind of way.

As has been mentioned, though, you need a lot of info near the center of the screen for raiding or M+ (even more so if you're a healer). Do you have any UX improvements in store for that part?

Might still try it on a non-serious reroll tho

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    Looks terrible.
    can't wait to see how you can come up with

Very nice UI, love it.

But there are two small things:
    - The opacity of non-target healthbars is too low, they are almost invisible.
    - Is there a way to change the abilities on the other action bars? I've only found 2 bars to show. I have several things bound on the other bars, that i rarely use or that are not needed to be shown, such as mounts. I rarely change things there, so it would be ok for me to disable the UI temporarily if i want to change something, but it would be a little inconvenient

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Very nice UI, love it.

But there are two small things:
    - The opacity of non-target healthbars is too low, they are almost invisible.
    - Is there a way to change the abilities on the other action bars? I've only found 2 bars to show. I have several things bound on the other bars, that i rarely use or that are not needed to be shown, such as mounts. I rarely change things there, so it would be ok for me to disable the UI temporarily if i want to change something, but it would be a little inconvenient
    Hi there, the coding half of the UI-duo here!

If you're talking about non-target nameplates, then only friendly npc's are toned very much down. Players and hostiles are much easier to see. This isn't to say we won't change this in the future, though, just clarifying that "important" units are far more visible. What counts as "important" is ofc open for discussion!

You can use page switching to access all the other bars through your main bar. I can't remember what the default keybinds for that is, or if there even are defaults, but they're available through the normal keybinding interface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    Hi there, the coding half of the UI-duo here!

If you're talking about non-target nameplates, then only friendly npc's are toned very much down. Players and hostiles are much easier to see. This isn't to say we won't change this in the future, though, just clarifying that "important" units are far more visible. What counts as "important" is ofc open for discussion!

You can use page switching to access all the other bars through your main bar. I can't remember what the default keybinds for that is, or if there even are defaults, but they're available through the normal keybinding interface.
    Btw, tagged you as well.

I see the Resource Vs. Mana, any way of using mana sphere instead of the Gem chunk for resource users?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I do like a lot about this mod, but I am not a fan of the fact that the frames for the game are not altered. I'm also not a huge fan of the fact that the UI is so big. I have a 27" inch 1440p monitor and not beinga able to scale this means that text takes up massive amounts of my screen, as do the art elements.

I'm fixing to go into your code and add scaling because this shit is bananas large, and I'm probably going to go back to another mod, because I literally don't want my 14 buttons to take up the entire bottom of my screen, and have no room for a good dps calculator.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    So it's not live yet, but we're working on getting up to 24 buttons visible more or less in the manner seen in the picture below.

I'm working on a minor options menu where you can choose whether the extra buttons will be visible always, in combat, on mouseover, or never. We will also include the stancebar which currently isn't there in this.

I love the whole style of this UI. I've been looking for a nice, sleek minimalist for awhile now without all the fancy mumbojumbo.

However... the turn off for me is the lack of buttons. I personally use around 40. If possible, could y'all work in an option to add more or maybe a feature like "move anything" and add our own buttons?

scaling is a big thing for myself also. but i'd love to see movable party frames as i play a healer quite often. for now ive had to go back to elvui...

After trying the Addon a couple of days, I have some comments:
    1. The menu has a light gray background and black letters, what would be the opposite? A dark background and white or light silver letters. I think it would be more appropriate to the style that was given to the UI.
    2. I find the edges of the UI very large, they could be smaller or they could be configured to make the UI more comfortable or customizable.
    3. The version of 24 icons is fine, but I find it confusing as ordered.
    4. The spells do not allow me to move them directly between the bars, is it a bug or will that be the case?
    Forgive my English is not my native language, but thanks for making this Addon, I find it refreshing and very elegant.

Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into this but it looks awful and completely impractical. Style over substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    I love the whole style of this UI. I've been looking for a nice, sleek minimalist for awhile now without all the fancy mumbojumbo.

However... the turn off for me is the lack of buttons. I personally use around 40. If possible, could y'all work in an option to add more or maybe a feature like "move anything" and add our own buttons?
    Personally, I use Bartender4 for extra action bars/buttons. There is a Masque: Azerite skin for this UI that you can use with Bartender. I was advised that you would basically need to set the "padding" between the buttons on Bartender to max or near-max (should be 20, I had mine set to 17).

The style is acceptable, but I doubt any large number of people are going to accept a UI layout where the map is not at top right. I have never seen anyone not have the minimap at the standard top right place.

Deleted
    Looks great,everyone is pretty much using elvui and im getting tired of using it,ill give this a look.

Hello everybody! Blakmane here, just passing by to tell you all about the 1.1 Release, we now have new features:

- Raid Frames: Added 10-40 man raid frames.
    - Raid Leader Tools: Raid assistants and parties including ready check, role poll, raid target icons, world marker flags and party/raid conversions.
    - Explorer Mode: Toggleable fading of almost all of the UI when the player is "safe" (not in combat or vehicle, health 100%, has no target)
    - Updated assets, improved code and more.

I can not get all 24 buttons on the action panel, only 13, help

Quote Originally Posted by d2207 View Post
    I can not get all 24 buttons on the action panel, only 13, help
    Ohh no worries, just toggle all the 24 ar the cog button at the bottom right corner.
    Have fun!!

I keep trying to use this, but then I back away due to how inflexible it is. Part of allowing mods in the game, is to make up for Blizzards shortcomings on customizations, but this mod simply just makes things prettier but then forces the same restrictions. Telling people how their UI should look, and limiting access to key features is just not the way to get wide spread acceptance.

I have a 1440p UltraWide monitor, but everything about this UI is forced. Because the UI doesn't respond to scaling, it's effectively useless. I honestly don't need the health and action buttons to be taking up 30% of my usable screen space.

In addition, the chat placement is pretty unfortunate and could use some work. I'd also recommend skinning the bags, because default Blizzard bags aren't great.

If this had scaling and movable frames, with an AuroraClassic level of skinning to all menus and bags, I would likely use it as my main UI. But because it's missing these things, I just keep having to check back every 30-60 days.

If you want to "force" design on people, please download GW2 UI to see how far their designer has gone with customization, as well as a full redraw of the stock UI.