Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Brandy Camel seems like an unfortunate name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im worried its going to be a live service and not a nice game to play.

I hope they abandon Diablo 3 and go for a Diablo 2 remaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im worried its going to be a live service and not a nice game to play.
    I hope its a Dark Souls like dungeon crawler.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    if that is true. Why did they go into maintanance mode and hardly done jack shit to keep players in d3 if they knew something new was coming to it. Shareholders first. To make them happy they need to sell a lot of copies. You aren't selling a lot of copies to a dead game. If they knew a expansion was coming. They would do what they could to keep as many as possible playing. Instead of basically just giving up on the game like they have done
    Development takes time and resources. Resources spent on new content to current-state D3 better suited towards future state D3 (like a new expac) or D4.

If you look at a timeline of D3, it makes sense:

Release was what, 2012?
    Reaper of Souls was 2014?
    Rise of Necromancer 2017?
    New expansion (or new game) 2019

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope its a Dark Souls like dungeon crawler.
    No pls.

I'd say :

Short Term :

Announcement at Blizzcon : Either DLC Hero for D3 or Diablo (1 or 2, but not both) Remaster, with the new version (minus graphical update, just the software changes) coming Free to Battle.net.

I'm was expecting Warcraft III remastered first, as they've been patching it in the same way they did with Starcraft before announcing the remaster, while we've seen nothing for D1/D2. This makes me think it has to be a DLC Hero.

It could also be the console version coming to Nintendo Switch.

Long Term : D4. 1 to 3 years/Blizzcons away from seeing anything out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I would buy a D2 or/and D3 port for Switch.

I Would buy a D4.

I don't buy a 27 year old community manager having anything to say when she wasn't old enough to have even played Diablo 2.
    She would have been 9 or 10 years old when D2 came out, 10-11 when LOD came out. I was 9-10 when Diablo 1 came out, and I played it...

That girl looks like Wednesday Addams played by Pugsley.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    New expansion (or new game) 2019
    Are you high?

There is no way they can turn around a new project within a year or two.

a diablo-like hack and slash without a pay-to-win shop mobile game would save me from the misery of hearthstone

How about a Diablo MMO, where we won't have to play in top-down 3rd person cam

D3 is STILL an amazing game, which says a lot. Hoping for a new expansion atleast.

My bet is on a completely unnecessary Diablo 2 HD remake with proper battle.net 2.0 integration, or a new expansion pack. I doubt they're working on Diablo 4. As old as Diablo 3 is, I don't really see it being at the end of its life cycle.

"We know last Blizzcon, where you bought tickets and got fuck all for Diablo, was a trick we could only pull once. So now we're going to try to hype you up so you buy tickets for this year's Blizzcon without promising you anything."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgallad View Post
    How about a Diablo MMO, where we won't have to play in top-down 3rd person cam
    An open world Diablo seems likely to me.

I think a lot of fans expected an open world in Diablo 3 already instead of zoning between small maps.

Unfortunately I am afraid that they are not going to increase the complexity of build paths to be more like Diablo 2 or Path of Exile.

Dumbing down character builds is something Blizzard unfortunately is enforcing in all their games.

I have high hopes for the atmosphere of the game though, they can't possibly fail to capture the gory, dark, gothic, demonic style this time can they? After all the backlash they got for Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Oh so we're going to get another Real Money Auction House?
    Not gonna happen. When blizzard took down something they earned decent money on because it was broken and ruined their game. That alone speaks for itself

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Are you high?

There is no way they can turn around a new project within a year or two.
    Very possible they started before Necro expac, which was just a small sub-team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    D3 is STILL an amazing game, which says a lot. Hoping for a new expansion atleast.
    it is outclassed by a free to play game that does everything better except graphics/animations.