Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm?

Hi guys,

I have seen a few people say that the number of players decreasing in Cataclysm was only caused by external factors (League of Legends, etc...). I personally have troubles believing that but I thought that the best way to get as close as possible to an answer would be to the ask you, the community.

I am not creating this poll to discuss if Cata was or not the worst expansion WoW has ever had. If you want to discuss that, feel free to do so on this post : https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-in-your-mind

So, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?

Edit: I wanted to create a real poll but it seems like I'm a damn noob that can't figure out how to do so...
    Last edited by Loeko; 2018-08-09 at 12:18 AM.

Yes, because of Rift. Didn’t come back til WoD.

Nopety, nopety, no.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough I actually started playing wow about half way through cata, around the troll patch, and thought it was the bees knees. I'm not naive though, I know for people who subbed the whole time it was lacking in consistent content but man what a time for me to start, there was so much stuff to do I never knew where to start.
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

Yes, in the middle of Dragon Soul, hated the fucking chain even though i was half way with the fragments

Nope. I played and enjoyed it the whole time and I didn't even raid. Tapered off at dragon soul but my account was still active.

I unsubscribed in 4.2 because I burned myself out by playing so much during 4.0 and 4.1, then resubscribed in 4.3. I thought it was a great expansion.

Briefly unsubscribed for a few months because of burn out. But I came back.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

We cleared Dragon Soul really freaking fast for us and yeah I took a few months off there at the end.

I came back after a break from WotLK i quit a few months after 3.3 from burnout, came back a week or so before 4.1

nope, cata was the best expansion the game had until 4.3
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Sure wasn't the best expansion, but i enjoyed my time nonetheless
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I unsubscribed during cataclysm as dragon soul came out. Couldnt afford it at the time and didn't care for pandas. Regretted ever since I came back mid WoD.
    If I remember correctly was those two reasons and I got into free games like LoL.

Nope, loved cataclysm. Firelands is one of my all time favourite raids.

Deleted
    Nope, but I did stop playing high-level PvE after Firelands. Nothing felt as satisfying as it did back in WOTLK.

No i did not.

But i undestand everybody who did. The content flow of the expansion was VERY flawed. Seeing the old World disappear forever with all the things you loved about it was a hard pill to swallow right at the start. Many questlines gone forever, whole factions removed....and what was the replacement? The new zones are "modern" in their quick, on-rails questing....but they often lack depth. Not all of them. Then there were these HORRIBLE months when you could only q for the same two troll dungeons if you wanted VP. It was heartbreaking. One of the dumbest decissions of Blizzard EVER.

Honestly? WoD was far worse for me. Not having anything even remotely interesting or rewarding to do 6 weeks into the expansion was not great. Feeling the entire overarching story was some kind of mindfuck did not help either. I never was so close to unsubbing as i was in WoD. If i was short on money, i would have...but the 15€/month did not hurt me enough to unsub, even if i did not play for many weeks, except for guild raid nights.

Yes, but not by choice, I had not internet for 8 months tail end of Wrath through to Tail end of first tier of Cata.

Deleted
    Maybe at the end? I do it almost always. Can't really remember, but definitely did not unsub in the middle of expo.

I'm pretty sure I had done that whole Annual Pass thing so no. I was not unsubbed.

or was that during MoP.. I can't remember. Either way no I was not unsubbed.

Been subbed since vanilla and have had a fulltime sub ever since, so no I didn't unsub in Cata.