Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did, but then I unsubbed during every expansion so that's not really due to cataclysm specifically.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did.
    Reason for that was that I didn't know how to play the game as a casual, and not as a hardcore raider anymore. Life happened, and I just couldn't juggle that and a busy raid schedule ontop of it anymore. It just felt too awkward and too sad, seeing my previous fellow raiders do what I loved doing and not be able to participate in it. So I stopped playing altogether. Returned to the game and to the same guild one or two months into MoP, had no real issues with playing the game as a casual by then.

My motivation to unsub had nothing to do with weather or not the expansion was good or not. It purely came down to personal reasons.

Deleted
    yes. that shit was the beginning of the end of WoW as we knew it before

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    So, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?
    Yes, of course... Because I unsub during every expansion... Can only do the same shit over and over so many times... Though I stayed subbed more often in Legion just for the easy gold.

Yes, only expansion I didn't play at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Deleted
    Played from vanilla to end of wrath, played about a month of WoD then came back properly from Legion onwards.

There were a couple of good MMOs releases around the time of cata (Rift and Gw2 for me) that distracted me from WoW.

Yeah when cata launched I completed most new PvE achieves except for the raid ones, then went on a 2-3 months break. I wasn't a raider that time so there was nothing else to do for me. Came back for Firelands, then stayed. I actually like the last year of expansions, being OP and smash things and get stuff done more easily is fun for me. Plus leveling alts in OP heirlooms superfast. I mean obv. when that was a thing... :/

(Mop was the same. Took a 2-3 month break somewhere between the first and second raid, then stayed. WoD... Pffhh. Many small breaks. Legion, mostly a break. I guess I became "The Cyclical Player" blizz wants me, and made me to be. I log in for new achieves, then I unsub and wait, because the main systems of the game don't attract me, and I refuse to participate in them such as AP and legendary chasing. So then I obv. don't raid. Or can't. But that's fine for me.)
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-08-13 at 06:43 PM.

Dragon Soul made me quit until Throne of Thunder which made me love the game again.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was also the expansion that killed my hardcore raiding days. While I am still in that guild as a social member these days, I haven't raided with my guild since Firelands.

I did return during MoP only to level to max level and quit again. I did return in WoD fuill time again but only as a casual player which I am to this day. I do regret not being around for MoP keep being told how great it was and I want to believe them just a shame I didnt experience the most of it the way everyone else did.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I usually take about 4-6 months off every expansion at some point. Cata was the expansion that I stopped being hardcore in though. Never got back into world first races and shit.

I unsubscribed during Cata but I personally loved the expansion. I thought it was great, and still hold it in high regard. For myself, I was largely a PvP player at the time, but a lot of the guys I played with went over to League to play. Admittedly, league is the superior game for player vs player, so these guys never came back to WoW and as a result I did not play WoW much again until WoD.

Even to this day I tend to play WoW casually for a few months and then don't touch it for awhile where as in the past I was on it daily and was a very hardcore player. I think this is due to a mixture of other viable, quality, online games to play and just doing the same thing since 2005.

unsubbed after leveling through cata, then refunded WoD during prepatch I didnt come back to it until the hellfire citadel patch