Poll: When will we get Dark Ranger class?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Would be awesome if they did this sooner rather than later. Then, all 3 Hunter specs can be pet based. All the folks that want a "pet free" Hunter can be a Dark Ranger. This would really open up both classes for some neat stuff.
    We already got a talent that let us go petless, i would like the option in Dark Ranger, but not pushed to it (as a Hunter player, i love my pet, and i love the idea of Dark Ranger, don't make me choose D: )

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raising undeads has nothing to do with Dark Rangers. Sylvanas can raise undead because she is a Banshee. A standard Dark Ranger can't raise Undead.
    Dark Rangers are sourced from Warcraft 3, and Black Arrow is shown to summon a Dark Minion upon death of that unit affected by Black Arrow. I would consider that raising undead.

In the same note, Banshees didn't raise undead and have never been shown to do so. This is something that's absolutely new given to Sylvanas, and hasn't been clearly explained yet.

The Dark Ranger may not be an ambiguous concept, but it's not one that is fully realized or fully explained either. Same could be said about Demon Hunters having multiple Demon Forms and being able to shoot eye-beams and being able to have visual horns and wings in their mortal forms. All of this stuff is new to all Demon Hunters whereas previously we could argue that Horns and Wings were an Illidan only thing.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-08-10 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Raising undeads has nothing to do with Dark Rangers. Sylvanas can raise undead because she is a Banshee. A standard Dark Ranger can't raise Undead.

Again Warcraft Lore: Dark rangers are undead archers. This means:

Archer + Undead = Dark Ranger

and then,

Dark Ranger - Undead = Archer

See how it works. A Dark Ranger is not an ambiguous concept. It is an UNDEAD ARCHER.
    Thy can. As I have said there was other Dark Ranger with skeleton.

Because there are no other yet, simple case of redefinition.

No, not every undead archer is a Dark Ranger, playable forsaken hunters for an example aren't. Or any other random forsaken archer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Actually, Nathanos has begun training a new generation of Dark Rangers and most of them are not elves, they are just regular old Forsaken. The likely thing that will happen is Nathanos leaving the Horde to train Neutral Dark Rangers, both Forsaken Undead and Lightbound Undead.
    Source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Source for this?
    The fact they're never referred to as Dark Rangers, just like demonology warlocks were never Demon Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    The fact they're never referred to as Dark Rangers, just like demonology warlocks were never Demon Hunters.
    What the hell are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Sylvanas will kick the bucket in BfA, i'm sure. Wich makes the timing completely off. Honestly... it should just be another hunter spec, not a class.
    Wanna bet she won't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Wanna bet she won't?
    I don't do bets with strangers, but for the right to say "i told you so", sure.

Whenever all classes get a fourth spec.

Dark Ranger is really just a markmanship spec focusing on magical attacks. You have enough lore and abilities to make the spec interesting, but not enough to sustain a whole class. Unless you want a class with a single spec, that is.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Source for this?
    Go do the intro to Stormheim as Horde and it is right there plain as day, Nathanos is training a new generation of Dark Rangers and it even says it in the dialogue.

People who voted "Never" probably voted the same on Demon Hunter polls.
    I do doubt they're going to make it a seperate class. They would probably replace Survival with Dark Ranger, simply because Dark Ranger is too similar to Hunter and Survival is a mess. Either that or a 4th spec for Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the focus on Sylvannas this expansion, it would be strange to see her focused on again in the next expansion to facilitate a Dark Ranger class. Additionally, I'm not too sure that Blizzard could make another bow-based physical ranged class feel different from the existing Hunter class. I personally believe that the concept would be better served as part of the Marksmanship spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    It would be difficult to make it work but a spec that somehow wove both in would be the best representation of the Dark Ranger we see on live. IDK if itd be feasible or not. Somebody had a great 2 spec mock up of DRs that had 1 spec that focused on ranged one on melee, but both used the other damage type as well.
    The issue is not woving in two specs. There were some interesting in the past that uses talents from two different trees.

The question I had regarding the Dark Ranger was being able to melee and range in the same spec. A player cannot be in melee and range at the same time. So a spec that has for talents for both would have half of the talents being inactive.

In any case, I do not think the spec is the problem. For me it is how the Dark Ranger will be made available to the other faction. But Blizzard has come up with justification for their past decision before.