1. #1

    Question Arms Warrior too good right now in pvp?

    Was doing 2v2 ranked arenas last night on my arms warrior almost pushing 2200 rating and it just feels like arms does so much damage. I was wondering, are they more balanced at 120. I don't want to level my warrior in BFA only to have them get nerfed. That would really suck.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Was doing 2v2 ranked arenas last night on my arms warrior almost pushing 2200 rating and it just feels like arms does so much damage. I was wondering, are they more balanced at 120. I don't want to level my warrior in BFA only to have them get nerfed. That would really suck.
    Are you complaining about being too strong, being good at the game or wanting your class to get nerfed I am so confused

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewamox View Post
    Are you complaining about being too strong, being good at the game or wanting your class to get nerfed I am so confused
    This has to be a "look at me i got 2200" post since warriors are far from the most overpowered pre-patch class.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewamox View Post
    Are you complaining about being too strong, being good at the game or wanting your class to get nerfed I am so confused
    Blizzard is known for nerfing classes if they are to OP.

  5. #5
    It's more about other classes not adjusting. I mean I still have silly Disc priests that think they can still tank me like they could in Legion.
    We have real burst cooldowns again, not the short pseudo ones we had in Legion.
    plus the fact that arms has always been one of the slower play Styles, now with all the global nerfs to all classes it has slowed everybody else down while we barely notice
    Last edited by Finns; 2018-08-10 at 09:36 PM.

  6. #6
    If you enjoy to play arms, then play arms. A lot of things happen during an expansion and no one knows what will happen a few months down the road. Maybe you’ll get more powerful or maybe your class be be totally useless.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Was doing 2v2 ranked arenas last night on my arms warrior almost pushing 2200 rating and it just feels like arms does so much damage. I was wondering, are they more balanced at 120. I don't want to level my warrior in BFA only to have them get nerfed. That would really suck.
    If you were actually a 2200 player as you claim you wouldn't need to ask this question.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    If you were actually a 2200 player as you claim you wouldn't need to ask this question.
    Excuse me??

  9. #9
    This is a new level of dishonest humblebrag. Actually impressive.

  10. #10
    What talents are people running running these days?

    I’m getting back just in time for BfA
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Kernel Sander

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Excuse me??
    I'll clarify.

    A player capable of reaching 2200 in arena is very unlikely to be a novice and someone whom is unaware of how Blizzard balances each PVP season. Said 2200 player would know that each season there is a composition that is considered to be overpowered due to its raw damage output, synergy with CC's/buffs, or some combination of the two. The classes/specs that form such FOTM compositions change from season to season, with a few exceptions. Aside from this, 1 rogue, 1 mage, and 1 warlock spec are usually quite strong and capable of pushing for highest ratings in various comps. Arms warriors are sometimes included in the group, but not always.

    But more to your question, whether a spec is going to be nerfed or not is almost entirely due to how much damage it does or the strength of its defensive CDs, and not its level of control (which Blizzard sees as a higher skill ceiling) or synergy with another spec(s). And since warriors rarely have significant CC or strong defensive CDs (the only exception I can recall was when defensive stance was nerfed) the question of whether arms will be nerfed is due almost entirely to its damage output. And again, if you were a 2200 player you would have the experience to know whether arms damage is excessively high or whether what you experienced was just due to tuning issues at 110 rather than what will be experienced at 120.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    What talents are people running running these days?

    I’m getting back just in time for BfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH17vQ8EMLA

    This is the guide i used for my warrior. so far its working good.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    I'll clarify.

    A player capable of reaching 2200 in arena is very unlikely to be a novice and someone whom is unaware of how Blizzard balances each PVP season. Said 2200 player would know that each season there is a composition that is considered to be overpowered due to its raw damage output, synergy with CC's/buffs, or some combination of the two. The classes/specs that form such FOTM compositions change from season to season, with a few exceptions. Aside from this, 1 rogue, 1 mage, and 1 warlock spec are usually quite strong and capable of pushing for highest ratings in various comps. Arms warriors are sometimes included in the group, but not always.

    But more to your question, whether a spec is going to be nerfed or not is almost entirely due to how much damage it does or the strength of its defensive CDs, and not its level of control (which Blizzard sees as a higher skill ceiling) or synergy with another spec(s). And since warriors rarely have significant CC or strong defensive CDs (the only exception I can recall was when defensive stance was nerfed) the question of whether arms will be nerfed is due almost entirely to its damage output. And again, if you were a 2200 player you would have the experience to know whether arms damage is excessively high or whether what you experienced was just due to tuning issues at 110 rather than what will be experienced at 120.
    its prepatch, raiting doesnt mean shit and you can be complete monkey right now and get 2.2. i was playing 2s yesterday on my fresh dh in questgreens with 160ilvl. i literally had half as much hp as geared ppl (17k) and was playing and winning at 2k mmr. i only got a screenshot of the first game but here it is

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Blizzard is known for nerfing classes if they are to OP.
    Mage says hi

  15. #15
    Time will tell if they get nerfed but I doubt it.

  16. #16
    This is it.

  17. #17
    Warriors have a tradition of being OP at the start of an expansion and then nerfed into the ground.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Warriors have a tradition of being OP at the start of an expansion and then nerfed into the ground.
    Its usually;

    way overtuned < nerfed to the ground < buffed to borderline OP again

  19. #19
    Wank status achieved

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Blizzard is known for nerfing classes if they are to OP.
    Unless it applies to rogues and paladins. They have "get away with being OP as fuck for years" card.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •