Deleted

What is your leveling setup?

I know there's a thread about "what is best" but this thread is about what people will actually use. Idea found on the Warlock forum

Spec
    Assassination

Talents
    Elaborate Planning
    Nightstalker
    Vigor
    Cheat Death
    Iron Wire
    Toxic Blade
    Hidden Blades

PvP talents
    Flying Daggers
    System Shock
    Honor Among Thieves

Legendaries
    Mantle of the Master Assassin
    The Dreadlord's Deceit

Solo or Group?
    Group

Spec
    Sub

Talents
    Weaponmaster
    Subterfuge
    MfD
    Cheat Death
    Shot in the Dark
    Dark Shadow
    Master of Shadows

Legendaries
    Sephuz

I'll probably swap between all of the legendaries and talents to see what feels best. I know from WQs shadowstrike>stealth>shadowstrike>stealth feels really good. I assume I'll still be able to use shadow strike to near one shot mobs for a bit so I'm going to start with that.

Sephuz just for the speed. Can blind something and get a good boost of speed. Will swap to dreadlords if im pull a bunch at once. Will also put on glaives if pulling big.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    Spec
    Sub

Talents
    Weaponmaster
    Subterfuge
    MfD
    Cheat Death
    Shot in the Dark
    Dark Shadow
    Master of Shadows

Legendaries
    Sephuz

I'll probably swap between all of the legendaries and talents to see what feels best. I know from WQs shadowstrike>stealth>shadowstrike>stealth feels really good. I assume I'll still be able to use shadow strike to near one shot mobs for a bit so I'm going to start with that.

Sephuz just for the speed. Can blind something and get a good boost of speed. Will swap to dreadlords if im pull a bunch at once. Will also put on glaives if pulling big.
    I'm going for a very similar setup. The 25yrs teleport from Shadowstrike, combined with extended use of it through Subterfuge and the crit bonus from Mantle of the Master Assassin is a pretty solid setup. Might change after the legendaries get disabled, but, until then, I find it very strong and fun to play for world quests.

Assination.

Sephuz/shoulders.

Master poisoner
    Night stalker
    Mfd
    Leeching poison
    Iron wire
    Venom rush
    Hidden blades.

Creeping venom
    Flying daggers
    Mind numbing poison - for those that creeping poison wont kill.

And prob solo.

At 116 i may switch to outlaw.

Keeping shoulders over azerite options? Been leveling on beta as sub with sephuz and ring, and has been going well

Deleted
    Outlaw

QuickDraw
    Hook
    MfD
    Iron Stom
    Alacrity
    Killing Spree

Dtink Me up
    Cheap Tricks
    DfA

legendaries are sholders and bracers.

Assasination

Elab Planning
    Subterfuge
    Vigour
    Leeching
    Iron Wire
    Toxic blade
    Hidden Blades

Deadly brew
    MNP
    System shock

Mantle/Sephuz

Duo with wife

Spec Sub

Talents
    Weaponmaster
    Subterfuge
    MfD
    Cheat Death
    Shot in the Dark
    Dark Shadow
    Master of Shadows
    How is the reasoning for picking Weaponmaster instead of "Find Weakness"? Feels like the uptime of FW should be great while leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Sub Leveling Build - Feeback welcome
    • Find Weakness (should have great uptime when leveling)
    • Subterfuge (using mantle)
    • Vigor (getting plenty of CP even without MfD)
    • Soothing Darkness
    • Shot in the Dark
    • Dark Shadows
    • Master of Shadows

Warmode PvP talents
    • Phantom Assassin
    • Honor Among Thieves (is this talent bugged?)
    • Dagger in the Dark (feels better due to crit-shoulders)

Legendaries
    • Mantle of the Master Assassin
    • Sephuz's Secret
    Last edited by stygger; 2018-08-11 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Spec
    Sub

Talents
    Weaponmaster
    Subterfuge
    MfD
    Cheat Death
    Shot in the Dark
    Dark Shadow
    Master of Shadows

Legendaries
    Sephuz

I wouldnt use toxic blade until 116 or for dungeons, the mobs are dieing to fast.

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSEN View Post
    Keeping shoulders over azerite options? Been leveling on beta as sub with sephuz and ring, and has been going well
    Definitly leg shoulders until 106! They are doubling your damage.
    When hiting lvl 106 just swap to azerite shoulders, if possible.
    Start with azerote helm/chest from the first quest and get the other one from the second quest reward
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2018-08-11 at 12:10 PM.

I had all azerite pieces at 285 by 112. You also see some valuable defensive traits and some other interesting choices that is interesting to play with

No real setup to be honest ill swap between Assa and Outlaw depending on my mood. How easy is it to get the azerite geaded up for the 3 specs? I imagine we'll want 3 sets of it dependant on spec as the traits differ?

Jealous of you lot with the leggo choice, all i have is KJ trinket lol

Deleted
    If im right (got from a bfa preparing leveling chart ) any of the 3 leveling zones gives 2 azerite Pieces.
    So the one from magni + finishing the first zone will grant you all 3 pieces.
    Im not sure if they scale higher then 285 or lower when leveling?

I'm going to be leveling as outlaw

spec + pvp:
    https://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/...28/YdL/Uxz/Up5

Legos:
    Bracers and Insignia

Group

Outlaw
    Vigor Ring, Shoulders
    Talents - Quick Draw, Hit & Run, Marked for death, Iron Stomach, Prey on Weak, Slice, and KS
    thought about shoulders + belt + MfD for near insta kills out of stealth, but when i run into bigger packs the extra energy from ring will be nice.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hard to look past sub.

Most of the time you're leveling you're on your mount. So mounting into stealth into a shadowstrike teleport is great.

Also soothing darkness for perma healing.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

I just used my BfA Boost on a Rogue. I've been playing since Vanilla, but never got around to a Rogue yet. My mains are Ret Paladin, Frost DK, and a little Fury Warrior.

I mainly do M+ and Normal Raids, no PvP.

Is Assassination the spec to start with ? I want a fast warp speed attacker, if there's something like Fury ? Is that Assassination or Outlaw ?

Warp speed is definitely Subtlety. Look at the Shadowstrike tooltip and fall in love.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I just used my BfA Boost on a Rogue. I've been playing since Vanilla, but never got around to a Rogue yet. My mains are Ret Paladin, Frost DK, and a little Fury Warrior.

I mainly do M+ and Normal Raids, no PvP.

Is Assassination the spec to start with ? I want a fast warp speed attacker, if there's something like Fury ? Is that Assassination or Outlaw ?
    assassin is more of a bleed spec like feral druid or aff locks with DoTs. Rupture is its strongest spell and you can pop it on mobs and move onto the next

Sub and outlaw would be closer to "fury" style
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Sub will be great until you stop being able to instakill mobs as you literally stealth/shadow dance shadowstrike kill everything. After that ill go Outlaw and remain with that

Since I have played nothing but Combat / Outlaw since the tail-end of Wrath (man, stacking ArP was sweet), and played SnD all thru Legion (because I suck, which is why I do not PvP at all), but am now playing RtB...

But I digress...

I am rocking the leggo shoulders & the movement/haste leggo ring...

I got all of the Rogue leggos in the last 6 months, but I would grind out WQs & do my daily Heroic regular to stack up the Wakening Essences... I think I got two or three from Blingtron 6000s, another half dozen or so from Emissary chests & world/dungeon/raid drops... The rest were purchased, & there was the two freebies (Antorus quest leggo ring & 1000 WEs to all at the pre-patch?)...

So when it comes time to dump the leggo shoulders I might switch to the free Vigor leggo ring & something else...?

Digging the expac so far, looking forward to that Freehold armor set... Want to do a Highwayman/Bandit (kinda a 17th -centuryesque Defias Bandit) theme tmog...?!?