Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I like how that's the answer to any WoW lore inconsistency and it's always fitting. lol

That's what they get for introducing a giant space ship and not using it.
    You mean the ship that took them like 20 years to build from old Exodar parts that is likely the last ship of its kind to ever exist? Ya sure use that in the war and get it destroyed by Sylvanas great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The blight is a threat to flesh, so as long as you are ok with skeletons only - the blight isn't a problem.

It is like asking a scientist to develop acid than only affects spiders ... it just doesn't make sense.
    But during wotlk we've literally seen arthas' scourge doing fine in areas heavily blighted. Not just skeletons, but all types of scourge.

With what new things and powers we're seeing right now, you cant convince me they wouldnt be able to develop such blight. But i guess they needed a reason to abandon UC so...
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2018-08-10 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    But during wotlk we've literally seen arthas' doing fine in areas heavily blighted. Not just skeletons, but all types of scourge.
    There is a difference between one or two characters of sufficient power being able to resist the blight for short periods of time, or give some protection for short periods of time to others.

That doesn't make the place a viable place for civilians and the general population of heroes and fighting characters to exist.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

There is a difference between one or two characters of sufficient power being able to resist the blight for short periods of time, or give some protection for short periods of time to others.

That doesn't make the place a viable place for civilians and the general population of heroes and fighting characters to exist.
    Oh my god i ate a word. I meant "But during wotlk we've literally seen arthas' scourge doing fine in areas heavily blighted. Not just skeletons, but all types of scourge."

I'm editing now.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Oh my god i ate a word. I meant "But during wotlk we've literally seen arthas' scourge doing fine in areas heavily blighted. Not just skeletons, but all types of scourge."
    I know what you meant ... thus the two parts of my response. Point is - that they weren't just normal independent self sentient creatures ... they were in fact Arthas' scourge ...

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    Of course the Forsaken want their Blight to work against Undead too. They still fight the Scourge at times, it's not like that died out. Or maybe some former Scarlet Undead? All weapons humans use harm humans too, because it would be utterly stupid to create a weapon that can't target half of your enemies.

The Forsaken know how to apply it and take the appropriate care with it. At least the ones applying it, they never actually cared about collateral damage, did they.
    ( Do some questing for the Hand of Vengeance in Northrend, you'll see. And don't give me the 'Varimathras!'-thing^^. Hand of Vengeance was the official Forsaken contribution to the Horde warcampaign in Northrend. And they did make the Lich King himself retreat with their Blight. No one else ever made that happen.)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They all reflect the chaos and freedom of the horde - but I love Thunder Bluff.
    Like TB all you want it looks like maybe 15 Tauren actual live there

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Like TB all you want it looks like maybe 15 Tauren actual live there
    All the main cities are like that for game play reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Angry little one
    Not being you makes me a better person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Do we know which type of plague they are using?

Putress's one?
    That thing that liquifies people in Soutshore?
    One that kills Worgens?
    Something mild?
    These are all essentially the same plague... Putress' plague was the same plague the Forsaken had been working on since vanilla, and the player character participated in helping develop during early quests in that zone. It seems to be that the different strengths of it are just the standard formula that is either either diluted or more concentrated.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You mean the ship that took them like 20 years to build from old Exodar parts that is likely the last ship of its kind to ever exist? Ya sure use that in the war and get it destroyed by Sylvanas great idea.
    What, exactly, in the Horde arsenal could take down the Vindicaar? I'm genuinely curious, as it was able to withstand and retaliate against the full might of the Legion's firepower almost unscathed. Seriously though, it's a huge, lore-shattering plot-hole that needs to be filled.

I'm perfectly fine with them saying it's low on power or doesn't have the "umph" it did because of the battle on Argus, but they to actually say it and acknowledge it instead of making the players speculate and call them out on the inconsistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    What, exactly, in the Horde arsenal could take down the Vindicaar? I'm genuinely curious, as it was able to withstand and retaliate against the full might of the Legion's firepower almost unscathed. Seriously though, it's a huge, lore-shattering plot-hole that needs to be filled.

I'm perfectly fine with them saying it's low on power or doesn't have the "umph" it did because of the battle on Argus, but they to actually say it and acknowledge it instead of making the players speculate and call them out on the inconsistency.
    Not to mention nothing the Horde has could achieve the range necessary to shoot it in the first place, since it could just sit 10 miles off the ground or in low orbit and take pot shots at Horde military targets with the laser... Even if the laser's effectiveness was reduced by the range, it's still sitting up there doing bits of damage over, and over, and over again, unable to be stopped just whittling away at the Horde's military.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-08-10 at 06:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    The underground of the city was untouched and they have special sewers canals to take out the blight, so whats the problem exactly?
    I think Blight is more than just a anti personel weapon, it is probably an area denial weapon. It remains in the area and requires extensive effort to remove it.

I know what you meant ... thus the two parts of my response. Point is - that they weren't just normal independent self sentient creatures ... they were in fact Arthas' scourge ...
    The scourge and the forsaken are part of the same "race" - they are undead. The difference is that the scourge has no free will and is a property of the LK, while the Forsaken have free will (arguable). The forsaken ingame have different model than the scourge for gameplay reasons, but they are the same as grimtotem and the rest of taurens, or jungle trolls and forest trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Seems like the gas surrounded UC even affects forsaken players. So I guess it's too toxic for even them atm.
    Remember what Putress said when he dumped it at the Wrathgate? "Death to the Scourge and death to the living." If it can kill Scourge it can kill Forsaken.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    The underground of the city was untouched and they have special sewers canals to take out the blight, so whats the problem exactly?
    "The underground of the city wa- No it was completely filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I like how that's the answer to any WoW lore inconsistency and it's always fitting. lol

That's what they get for introducing a giant space ship and not using it.
    Well, the giant crashed space ship and the awful retcon that made the space goats a light race was the start of the bad writting after all. I still remember the backlash when they announced the space goats and retconned the whole story. Metzen himself came to apologize and said he forgot about the original draenei and the eredar race. Thats how much he cares for warcraft story.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Because they would die?
    The plague as it is now is mostly airborne, and due to that will probably get into the stoneworks and other stuff, making it hard to get rid of.

And for those who think they are immune to it: See the scenario part where the forsaken are wearing gas-masks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    We'll soon return to the best city in the World of Warcraft, the only way things could get better than that is if we blighted Ironforge and used that as our new capital. Ahhh if only

You lack so much meat on them bones you would freeze to death before you even reach Ironforge, then you have to deal with drunkard dwarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Not being you makes me a better person.
    I know you want to Pull My Finger.