Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Since Cataclysm Blizzard doesn't give a shit about Mages anymore, Frost needs to be buffed for sure! And druids needs to be nerfed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroo View Post
    Meanwhile at Blizzard HQ:
    - Hey guys, i have heard that ret paladin is finally viable at high rated pvp. Is that true?
    - Yeah, thats true.
    - Well, i think that we have to do something about it.
    - Obviously
    - I have an idea, let's destroy the spec, nerf both damage and healing, so noone will play it.
    - Brilliant idea !

Every. Fucking. Time.
    This guy wasn't here for the beginning of wrath... when every arena comp was DK+Ret and was more faceroll than a cat versus a mouse.

Seriously, most of you people crying were only going to play ret because of their damage? You're just the FotM crowd. Of course it was going to get nerfed. Stop thinking (for every spec) that some patch will make your spec 'complete'. The game is never complete, there will always be changes and tuning. The roller coaster continues... as it always has.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    I see blizzard is rolling chicken bones again to balance pvp damages. 50% nerfs in pvp lol holy shit who thought of this?
    Well considering that rogues do considerably more damage than any other class in PvP when they're meant for control and stealth is pretty insane. 50% on some of their moves is what is needed right now. Go play a BG or world PvP and you'll see what's going on with them.

I felt a great disturbance in the Class distribution, as if millions of FOTM rerolled rogues suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something great has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    This guy wasn't here for the beginning of wrath... when every arena comp was DK+Ret and was more faceroll than a cat versus a mouse.
    And how is this revelant? Just because ret was OP at some point in wrath it should be shit for the rest of wow? Nice logic Btw. rogues were gods in pvp in every expansion, same goes for mages, but when ret is good for 2 weeks, it gets quickly nerfed

Seriously, most of you people crying were only going to play ret because of their damage? You're just the FotM crowd. Of course it was going to get nerfed. Stop thinking (for every spec) that some patch will make your spec 'complete'. The game is never complete, there will always be changes and tuning. The roller coaster continues... as it always has.
    I am playing my ret since wrath and i was not playing PvP much on him and had to level other classes just to PvP just because ret was total shit and it's going to be the same for BFA is seems.

I’m surprised no one is talking about the #1 god tier spec right now! Where are the balance druids changes...

And how is this revelant? Just because ret was OP at some point in wrath it should be shit for the rest of wow? Nice logic Btw. rogues were gods in pvp in every expansion, same goes for mages, but when ret is good for 2 weeks, it gets quickly nerfed
    You claimed ret is "finally viable in high rated pvp".
    Ret was op in vanilla. Especially after 1.13 when crusader strike was introduced. I remember 1 shotting MANY people with my Zin'rokh and Might of Menethil.
    Ret was OP at BC launch with the introduction of Avenging wrath and Crusader Strike. You could use AW and Bubble at the same time.
    Ret was OP at Wrath launch - already been over that.
    Ret was OP at Cataclysm... Zealotry... Crusader strike gave you 3 holy power for 20 seconds. AW + Zealotry OP as shit.
    Ret was OP in MoP and WoD - Do i really need to go into the glory days? most people do not forget.
    Ret was OP in Legion. "Ret paladin or DH Stongest pvp class?" threads. Need i say more?
    Ret IS OP on BfAbeta, even if they nerf the bugged DoT damage. They have the most get out of jail free abilities in the game and highly competitive damage.

So WHEN was it that ret was bad?

I am playing my ret since wrath and i was not playing PvP much on him and had to level other classes just to PvP just because ret was total shit and it's going to be the same for BFA is seems.
    You're full of it. I played a paladin since December 2005. The weakest they EVER were was pre-1.13, before Crusader Strike, and even then had their moments with Reckoning Bombs and lucky seal of command procs.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2018-08-10 at 05:28 PM.

Yea that's right keep crushing assn.... and that 5% for demo is not enough

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure those nerfs are enough to make disc priests killable again.

Quote Originally Posted by Duende View Post
    I’m surprised no one is talking about the #1 god tier spec right now! Where are the balance druids changes...
    Please, justify this. Balance Druids do good BG damage by way of "tab dot dot repeat" followed by Starfall. They talent into all their CC minus instabreak roots. I could go on.

I was just in a bg and dk damage is garbage now gg

when is this being pushed out?

Deleted
    You claimed ret is "finally viable in high rated pvp".
    Ret was op in vanilla. Especially after 1.13 when crusader strike was introduced. I remember 1 shotting MANY people with my Zin'rokh and Might of Menethil.
    Ret was OP at BC launch with the introduction of Avenging wrath and Crusader Strike. You could use AW and Bubble at the same time.
    Ret was OP at Wrath launch - already been over that.
    Ret was OP at Cataclysm... Zealotry... Crusader strike gave you 3 holy power for 20 seconds. AW + Zealotry OP as shit.
    Ret was OP in MoP and WoD - Do i really need to go into the glory days? most people do not forget.
    Ret was OP in Legion. "Ret paladin or DH Stongest pvp class?" threads. Need i say more?
    Ret IS OP on BfAbeta, even if they nerf the bugged DoT damage. They have the most get out of jail free abilities in the game and highly competitive damage.

So WHEN was it that ret was bad?

You're full of it. I played a paladin since December 2005. The weakest they EVER were was pre-1.13, before Crusader Strike, and even then had their moments with Reckoning Bombs and lucky seal of command procs.
    Ret was so bad in WoD that even Vanguards was gave up and almost only played his shaman MoP ret was medicore with only a single viable comp which was PhP whenn both priest and hunter had better comps to run. Legion ret was good until around they time they started to nerf holy wrath and which point in turned into a bottom spec for any comp consdering how other melee like arms/frost/WW/feral utterly dominated the melee slots. In vanilla crusader strike came with the TBC pre.patch and then got the shit nerfed out of it. In tbc ret was not viable in PvP until S4 since the ret PvP gear lacked ressi aka it had 0 ressi and rets took a ridiculous amount of dmg up until then and then even in S4 ret was medicore at the best.

I will give you this much ret spent a lot of WOTLK and S10/S11(cata) as top tier (and in S11 only due to x3 dps comps mainly rogue/hunt/ret).

I honestly wonder if you have in any season gone beyond 1500 rating especially considering you considered ret OP in WoD/MoP also not to mention ret when it was not "op" spent most of its time being bottom tier not even mid tier spec.

Here is also a easy way to tell how "op" ret has been how many blizzard tournaments have had rets in them? last I checked ret showed up in early Legion which was the first time ever it did. I am sure you will say its so "easy" to play but that will never explain the amount of times people brought frost dks to tournaments in the present and past.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonijah View Post
    Please, justify this. Balance Druids do good BG damage by way of "tab dot dot repeat" followed by Starfall. They talent into all their CC minus instabreak roots. I could go on.
    Just because the have to talent to into Crowd control and dot to damage doesn’t justify them being god tier damage sorry but you make a weak argument. They’re next on the nerf list don’t worry

Quote Originally Posted by Duende View Post
    Just because the have to talent to into Crowd control and dot to damage doesn’t justify them being god tier damage sorry but you make a weak argument. They’re next on the nerf list don’t worry
    They've been high on the BG charts for some time now. Fact is they're easily killed and shutdown, have mediocre
    burst, and low sustained single target. I'd reckon that Fury warriors will see nerfs first. Take away the large aoe damage and Balance has very little.

Doesn't it bother anyone else that abilities says they do a certain amount of damage on the tooltips and that might be completely false when you're fighting another player. How the hell are you supposed to figure out which abilities to use when the damage values are incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Adonijah View Post
    They've been high on the BG charts for some time now. Fact is they're easily killed and shutdown, have mediocre
    burst, and low sustained single target. I'd reckon that Fury warriors will see nerfs first. Take away the large aoe damage and Balance has very little.
    SAME can be said for any class. Sorry but that argument won’t fly. Don’t worry nerf is coming