Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

BFA Release Europe

Is BfA available on Tuesday or Wednesday for Europe?

12 AM CEST August 14, adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-08-10 at 07:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    12 AM CEST, adjust accordingly.
    Yes mister American, now... tuesday or wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Exxellion View Post
    All the times are on the blizzard page.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...gins-august-14

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Like, litterally there's a post on WoW's website, a huge one they just released. And it hasn't changed since it was first announced. BfA releases 12 am CEST August 14 everywhere.

BFA will be available on CEST time (which is for example Amsterdam time) at 0:00, the night from monday to tuesday.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Both.... 12:00 AM CEST = midnight of monday to tuesday…

Would be Tuesday 0:00 for most 24h clock using europeans .

You have a countdown timer at the bottom of https://worldofwarcraft.com/. For me (in Europe) the launch will be on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    12AM means midnight, start of the day (00:00). So Tuesday

- - - Updated - - -

The 12h clock am/pm is a bit confusing for Europeans using 24h clock. Hence the confusion, I think.
    Not all europeans uses the 24h clock though, just a vast portion. Do believe Britain is moving more towards it, but where do you think America got the 12h clock from :P. Though still, people bitch about Americans not learning about other countries, but learning 2 different clocks that you have a good chance of running into in your life shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Not like it's the 6 hr clock that a few countries still use O.o

Most of the world uses the ISO notation. Even parts of UK and USA. I believe the elementary schools everywhere in EU teach both, but since only the minority uses it, there's always confusion especially with the the 12 am/12 pm notation (using 12 midnight and 12 noon would be better practice).
    Honestly, I know both (military) and functionally the 24 clock makes more sense.... BUT... it takes longer to verbally give times then the 12 h clock, so I just default to responding in it.

Maybe that's just an american thing, but we say hours after everything in 24 hour time. zero one hundred hours 01:00 vs just One AM. But I suppose I should try to default towards more international friendly terms on international forums :P

I do however apologize for our weird date format.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-08-10 at 07:31 AM.

This one is from the German WoW Homepage. It's in 24h format.

MESZ is German for CEST so it's on Tuesday morning 0:00.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/ne...chung-fur-alle
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2018-08-10 at 07:50 AM. Reason: changed from wednesday to tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post

I find the German spelling of New Zealand humorous for some reason

Deleted
    all this difficulty could be solved with 24h clocks, typical americans cant do 2400 timing...

its 0000 on 14th Aug for Europe mainland
    2300 on 13th for UK/Portugal

also, arguably the best release time is Australia... not europe or america where the largest playerbase is

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post

MESZ is German for CEST so it's on Wednesday morning 0:00.

Actually it's Tuesday morning, since the 14th is Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Verbally it's the same, regardless of what notation is used, because there's normally context. You very rarely say "let's meet at thirteen-oh-oh" (unless you're in the military) - you just say "let's meet at one". In written communication you'd use 13:00 however.
    So verbally you use the 12 hour clock minus the AM or PM? interesting, seriously, I do enjoy the info.

A guy asks about the release date and it turns into a 12h clock vs. 24h clock war. This forum in a nut shell

Like, litterally there's a post on WoW's website, a huge one they just released. And it hasn't changed since it was first announced. BfA releases 12 am CEST August 14 everywhere.
    At last. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    A guy asks about the release date and it turns into a 12h clock vs. 24h clock war. This forum in a nut shell
    It's pretty one sided war, I admitted I should have said it in 24h time lol, but as usual it just turned into America bashing /sigh

Deleted
    I find the German spelling of New Zealand humorous for some reason

My brain reads it as a "Nausea Land", so I'm with you there.

Regarding the time, there seems to be some misunderstanding from Americans how Europeans use the 24h format. That format is used for written communication, but in everyday life we simply say things like "9 this evening". In other words, in speech it's extremely similar to the 12h format. I can understand it's weird to see it written down if you're not used to it, but to Europeans it's second nature (much like the 12h format will be to Americans).