Poll: Classic without progressive Servers, would you still play?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    But the general base for Classic are not mythic raiders. It's the pirated Server crowd and people who left during Vanilla or BC.
    Got a source to back this up? Seems like a pretty massive assumption to assume that people who like Classic have never played any expansion beyond TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Modern players don’t want an mmo, they want a dungeon crawler with as little time sink as possible
    And classic is not geared towards "modern players" so your entire point is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Got a source to back this up? Seems like a pretty massive assumption to assume that people who like Classic have never played any expansion beyond TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

And classic is not geared towards "modern players" so your entire point is moot.
    the mythic raiding player base is small, most players are not mythic raiders. Also it'S obvious that classic is aimed to fight off the pirated servers(with the nostalrius crew meeting with blizz two years ago) and get people with the nostalgia feeling. While some of the current players will also play it, it's not aimed at them. Or else they would heavily change it with LFG/LFR, Transmog and all the other stuff. Classic is not marketed towards current WoW players

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why wouldn't they? If every raid was available at launch, nobody would do MC, they'd just get preraid gear and then go right into BWL/ZG/AQ20.

Just about every vanilla server in the past 3-4 years has been progressive release. It's what the playerbase wants and what makes sense. Having naxx available at launch is dumb and will only make the server fizzle out in under a year.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... enjoy farming like what.. the first boss in BWL (since 2nd will be a massive cockblock since your gear is crap), ZG sure, and AQ20 needed at least geared tanks and heals or you would be destroyed by bosses.

Deleted
    Vanilla has progression in itself. No fresh lvl60 will clear naxx aq40 or even bwl. Heck you need fire resist gear on your tank for MC..

The slow progression of gearing 40+ people make it "progressive server" on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracerz07 View Post
    Reading the comments here and it is hilarious seeing the amount of players who have obviously never played vanilla commenting as if they understand how raiding worked back then...

This isnt retail. This isn’t a private server. There are no catch up mechanics or custom exp bonuses or paid max characters. Content didn’t become “irrelevant” in vanilla and tbc. Gearing was nothing like todays where you log in after a content patch get geared in 4-5 days max and never touch the old raids again. There were giant questlines that took you BACK into old raids to unlock that tiers content. There were BIS items from various bosses throughout every raid. There’s a true progression scale too. You don’t just skip mc or bwl because you got the shit zg “tier” set lol.
    Yes but this also isn't going to be vanilla either, people now know how to power level characters/alts efficiently, understand concepts of running multiple raids at a time for trash content to funnel gear to the progression characters. And yes even after you clear BWL you will only go into MC to get TF as it is the only upgrade in there and then you will only clear the 2-3 bosses(only exception may be quest weapon but if you are killing Chromagus hunters will be happy xbow from him). Also in the ZG tier you can clear aq20 which gives you enough gear to clear some of AQ40, most of BWL and the first couple bosses in Naxx. If everything is released at once people will figure out what they need to clear and what they can skip real fast and if you think otherwise you are sorely mistaken. As for questlines, the end game raiders will only complete these when it is required to push forward(AQ40 gong quest).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Vanilla has progression in itself. No fresh lvl60 will clear naxx aq40 or even bwl. Heck you need fire resist gear on your tank for MC..

The slow progression of gearing 40+ people make it "progressive server" on it's own.
    Yet there was a guild who did most of BWL in dungeon blues as a challenge(one exception is Ony cloak so the could soak shadow flame), they also did a few bosses in AQ40 and Naxx in blues. It just took perfect execution and a couple attempts. SO do not be surprised if and when it happens.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yeah, why not? I enjoyed Vanilla for its slower pace and relaxed atmosphere.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's the #1 feature people love about private servers. Without progression then people won't jump onto Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    That's the #1 feature people love about private servers. Without progression then people won't jump onto Classic.
    Really? Then why not play retail, there is progression all the time.

the mythic raiding player base is small, most players are not mythic raiders. Also it'S obvious that classic is aimed to fight off the pirated servers(with the nostalrius crew meeting with blizz two years ago) and get people with the nostalgia feeling. While some of the current players will also play it, it's not aimed at them. Or else they would heavily change it with LFG/LFR, Transmog and all the other stuff. Classic is not marketed towards current WoW players
    Classic isn't aimed towards players that want a difficult endgame experience, they have retail for that. Classic is being made for people that like a trivial but grindy experience.

the mythic raiding player base is small, most players are not mythic raiders.
    Mythic is not the only raid difficulty you dingus. Even normal mode bosses are still harder than most vanilla raid bosses.

And mythic raid numbers right now are not really the be-all end-all of the playerbase, considering that you are claiming that people who like vanilla never played WOTLK or anything beyond that. That's, y'know, 5 expacs worth of raiding.

Still waiting for a source to back up your wild claim, though.

Also it'S obvious that classic is aimed to fight off the pirated servers(with the nostalrius crew meeting with blizz two years ago)
    ...No? Private servers have been around for a decade, so why would blizz just NOW be trying to stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... enjoy farming like what.. the first boss in BWL (since 2nd will be a massive cockblock since your gear is crap), ZG sure, and AQ20 needed at least geared tanks and heals or you would be destroyed by bosses.
    Spoken like someone who has never played vanilla before.

Most preraid gear is better than or at least on par with MC gear. Especially when it comes to healers and caster DPS. You can easily clear BWL in preraid gear. I know this because I did it with my guild on a recent private server. We killed Nef when the main tank only had like 3 or 4 pieces of T1 gear and was still using draconian deflector.

Because people want to play World of Warcraft, not World of Diablocraft.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-08-21 at 11:07 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not the same. There's always catch up gear and old content is made irrelevant, where in Vanilla you pretty much had to play older content no matter how good your gear was, because loot in Vanilla had incomparables, which meant not always a piece of gear was always better in new raids.

Deleted
    My goal in Classic server is humble: to reach lvl60 and experience the leveling adventure again, maybe even raid a bit. I didn't reach max level in vanilla. Life, drug problems and time in prison fucked up my Vanilla and TBC "progression" for good. Second chance to redo simple stuff feels gud when I look back....

It doesn't make much difference to me at this point.

Classic really should have come out four years ago. I get that Blizzard needed a financial incentive and a safe bet but for people like me who thought Classic was a pipe dream, playing vanilla private servers for years has kind of burnt out any excitement I have for replaying the game.

Yes I would but I would also fucking love a server thats locked at Pandaria.

Content all at once should be fine, since only a fraction of players will complete it faster than if access were staggered.

What's more, when the ship's in the bottle, very interesting things emerge from engaged player behavior. The chief example is full Strength/Warsong ICC; it's easily the most active pre-expansion gap in WoW's history (noting that Ruby Sanctum had little to do with the replay popularity).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely yes. My main interest is 1-60, not end game.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Not entirely; you might get your classic-game, but i doubt that we will see classic-servers, especially with the expected curve we will see. I think that blizzard will introduce sharded server from the beginning; there might be multiple server, but connected to each other and sharded in the beginning, simply because there are expected to have a lot of players when it gets released, but afterwards the curve will definitively go down.
    This. There will be one (maybe two - pvp/pve - they won't do warmode) server. They don't need to do it any differently with the current server tech they have. They can just make it magically fit to the requirements of the server load at any given time these days.

I wouldn't mind something like "seasons"

Play a character, do the content, after a year or two of doing the content the server resets and your character can be moved to the regular servers, maybe with a special title or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    what kind of question is this?
    a progressive classic server is the burning crusade go relevel and get to 60 and go to outlands in current wow all dungeons, raids, quests, zone is the same that's untouched
    clearly you don't want wow classic to be vanilla at all
    people want wow classic since cataclysm/wotlk because the world was changed and quests were changed and dungeons were changed and at 71+ the raids weren't hard anymore

you would be lucky to get 5-10 people at level 70 to do molten core and the raids being 40 man they were still hard and in wotlk 90% of level 60s were death knights so vanilla died in wotlk and cata and people want to go back to vanilla not back to some mutant server that looks like vanilla 1.0 but is vanilla 2.0 or "wow 2"
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2018-09-16 at 04:07 AM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

15+ Year Old Account
    They should recreate the patch cycle exactly how it was back then, including all shittiness and obvious bug/bad tuning e.g. relase C'thun howhe was at the start and wait 3 months to fix it.