Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Once you're safe you should be aiming for dps, it'll help the raid out more anyway as the aim is to kill the boss. some fights are so tightly tuned for dps that every little helps out (even the healers throwing some random dps in when they can)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Damage output has been a consideration for tanks for years and unless you want to be a burden on your group(s) it's probably a good idea to accept that.
    like the last consideration on a the list imo... if you can't stay alive idc what your dps is... the second a tank dies while trying to worry about DPS they have failed at their role. I'd rather my tanks have a little over safety to live through lag spikes / missed big hit / dead healer than worry about their dps.
    Member:BFA Alpha, Member since 2/7/2018

Quote Originally Posted by blueprint21 View Post
    what? the VAST majority of tanks aren't optimising either their dps or their defensive play, thats not even up for debate the endless amount of logs prove that to be glaringly true.

And there are different ways to play as far as your rotational priority goes when it comes to dps vs survival. This entire expansion AS was better DPS than judgment and was priority in your rotation when dpsing, but judgment was better defensively because of the CDR or SoTR.
    Thats one example. Both abilities do damage. So what's the % DPS increase in prioritizing avenger's shield?

You're making mountains out of molehills.

3 easy steps to follow:

1. Is your Healer draining all his Mana trying to keep you alive constantly? Use more defensives.
    2. Is your Healer basically full on Mana because you are taking insignificant damage? Use your resources on DPS.
    3. Keep Enemies off your Healer/Group.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    like the last consideration on a the list imo... if you can't stay alive idc what your dps is... the second a tank dies while trying to worry about DPS they have failed at their role. I'd rather my tanks have a little over safety to live through lag spikes / missed big hit / dead healer than worry about their dps.
    I use to tank with someone that was so obsessed by his dps rankings and that was painful "can you take extra stacks of this so i can get more dps" "can i taunt later here so i can dps" that's when it becomes infuriating. as long as you're not being a dick about it and can manage the mechanics easily you're fine to aim for more dps

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Thats one example. Both abilities do damage. So what's the % DPS increase in prioritizing avenger's shield?

You're making mountains out of molehills.
    You're just proving his point with this post, you know...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    You're just proving his point with this post, you know...
    I'm not proving his point. Where are the numbers? When did I say never choose a DPS ability? I didn't. I said a tanks job first and foremost is aggro and not dying.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2018-08-13 at 08:35 PM.