1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    400

    Blizzard could mirror the ingame race population in the ingame architecture/city size

    I find this idea kind of amusing.

    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

    So from these statistic (I don't know how accurate they are) I learn two things and brew one idea:

    1. All those threads about how the horde GREATLY outnumbers the alliance are highly exaggerated since it's only 7% more horde - who cares.
    2. Many people love blood elves, humans and night elves - which is kind of amusing since the blood elves are not really a typical horde race
    3. I think it would be cool if the size of the capitals (*cough* let's hope those who are destroyed get rebuild *cough*) would grow or shrink depending on the true ingame populations.

    Look at bloodelves (high elves) - lorewise there numbers are small, which I certainly never understood because their starting areas look quiet populated, but the players love them, so why not let their city grow? Or freaking clear the freaking scourge area there - shouldn't be this hard in ... 10? years?

    It would not need to be super special houses. Just regular houses in the correct racial architecture. Like 1 ring of houses for 10% increase of the population.
    Or increase the size of other small villages in the starting areas.
    I am not talking about player housing. There could be some world quests in there or just NPCs.

    Last edited by Pheraz; 2018-08-10 at 09:03 AM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    So from these statistic (I don't know how accurate they are) I learn two things and brew one idea:
    1. All those threads about how the horde GREATLY outnumbers the alliance are highly exaggerated since it's only 7% more horde - who cares.
    Now put your 'server type' to 'PvP' and press 'go' to get a more representational approximation of those potentially interested in Warmode (which is what those treads are about).
    • Alliance: 26%
    • Horde: 74%.
    Then compound it with the Activity graph to see Horde character players are on more (indicating already a further drift towards Horde?) , and you are beginning to see the picture.

    Want to do anything above medium engaged raiding: Go Horde
    Want to do M+: Go Horde
    And now
    Want to do Warmode Questing with free boni: Go Horde
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-08-10 at 09:16 AM.

  3. #3
    Capitals are not separated instances, but part of the world. I don't really see how they can shrink or grow.

  4. #4
    It would be nice to have a living eco system like this. Make trade routes as well between cities, populate the world in a more dynamic way... not just have monsters wander in an area waiting to be killed. For instance if the caravans are killed, the vendor items could be limited/have their price increase. People will try to go and protect the caravans and thus world pvp would ensue. heh...

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Now put your 'server type' to 'PvP' and press 'go' to get a more representational approximation of those potentially interested in Warmode (which is what those treads are about).
    • Alliance: 26%
    • Horde: 74%.
    Then compound it with the Activity graph to see Horde character players are on more (indicating already a further drift towards Horde?) , and you are beginning to see the picture.

    Want to do anything above medium engaged raiding: Go Horde
    Want to do M+: Go Horde
    And now
    Want to do Warmode Questing with free boni: Go Horde
    Oh okay sorry. Didn't know that the complains where mostly about warmode.
    I am not interested in warmode that's prbly why I am very biased. I feel sorry for the alliance pvp enthusiasts.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Oh okay sorry. Didn't know that the complains where mostly about warmode.
    I am not interested in warmode that's prbly why I am very biased. I feel sorry for the alliance pvp enthusiasts.
    Don't worry. Warmode is it's own thing. It puts both factions together in seperate phases with 50:50 balancing.
    Only a few horde players will end up in the overhang phases until there is room for more horde or there is more alliance coming in.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Guaricana View Post
    Capitals are not separated instances, but part of the world. I don't really see how they can shrink or grow.
    Ofc this idea is more of a naive dream and half grown.

    But most things are possible with a solid client/server architecture. Client would need to request the number of rings/ state of the villages from the server (server asks the database) to be synced with other players and so on.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbound View Post
    Don't worry. Warmode is it's own thing. It puts both factions together in seperate phases with 50:50 balancing.
    Only a few horde players will end up in the overhang phases until there is room for more horde or there is more alliance coming in.
    If it's an 80/20 divide, then those Horde players are going to end up in Horde only shards like 75% of the time. Free boni for Horde.

  9. #9
    The game you want is Ashes of Creation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •