Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The forsaken will suffer now

so, with the destruction of undercity, by sylvanas' own hands, it isn't just the city being destroyed, but all of tirisfal glades being lost to the forsaken.
    We know that the forsaken were being evacuated to orgrimmar though portals, as we saw then getting back to orgrimmar after the scenario. I think its more then fair to say with undercity lost, and blizzard setting up this strong theme of the alliance claiming eastern kingdoms and horde claiming kalimdor, that there will be no forsaken towns left with the city lost, and the alliance forces claiming the land like silverpine and hillsbrad.

Now though, its time we faced the facts of what this does to the forsaken as a people. I can remember back then undercity was originally taken over by putress and varimathras, then the forsaken were brought to durotar for a save haven for them away from the fighting happening in the city. I can remember back then, forsaken citizens would say how much the durotar heat was cooking them, and it made sense, there undead walking people, they lived in a dark, sunless place whos city was set deep underground, so it be cold and dark, something you would expect a walking corpse to have more comfort in. The heat from places like durotar would be a strain on them to survive in.

So now, the forsaken have lost their land, but they also lost there place in the world there they could easily survive and not be in a stare of suffering more then they already are.

Thinking about it, there isn't much going for the forsaken right now, kalimdor is a continent with some extreme weathers from deserts to freezing cold mountain tops. At this point the only place they might find refuge from the heat would be ashenvale, since the night elves will no longer have a place to get reinforcements from teldrassil.

But that in itself is a problem, since all these years, orgrimmar have wanted to claim ashenvale for its lumber and resources, and without the night elves around to protect it, they would now do so. So even then, its unlikely the forsaken would be able to claim it.

I wouldn't imagine desolace working either due to the heat there.

The only place i imagine would probably be fel wood, since the trees are rotten there.

But, I'm saying all this, what I really believes going to happen is the forsaken are never going to be relocated to somewhere, and blizzard will just move on with whatever comes next before establishing the forsaken having a new home.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragefire chasm, fixed it for you. It's underground and water could easily be routed down into it (though Forsaken don't even need it) via the natural sources all over Ogrimmar. They didn't just plop it in the middle of a desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Northrend.

Forsaken can go live in Northrend if they want to. They have huge bases there, and there's always the abandoned Vrykul settlements. They just need to learn to resist the constant whispering of the Shadow-creatures below the earth and the Lich King, sitting at the crown of the world.

Without Lordaeron, they are as homeless as the Night Elves. But at least the elves can run to the remaining settlements in the Hyjal Mountain area (Winterspring, Moonglade, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Northrend.

Forsaken can go live in Northrend if they want to. They have huge bases there, and there's always the abandoned Vrykul settlements.

Without Lordaeron, they are as homeless as the Night Elves. But at least the elves can run to the remaining settlements in the Hyjal Mountain area (Winterspring, Moonglade, etc).
    night elves also have places all across eastern kingdoms, where those dream portal trees are located like duskwood or hinterlands. And of course they have val'sharah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Northrend.

Forsaken can go live in Northrend if they want to. They have huge bases there, and there's always the abandoned Vrykul settlements. They just need to learn to resist the constant whispering of the Shadow-creatures below the earth and the Lich King, sitting at the crown of the world.

I guess that makes sense, however gotta remember the scourge still exist there, bolvar the lich king still rules over them, so how he would feel having the forsaken relocate there, given how much of a bastard he was in the deathknight campaign in legion, is anyones guess.
    You could even argue he'd have a reaction to hearing how the horde attacked teldrassil, but I think he's long abandoned his faction loyalty by now.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'd say they should move down to Garrosh's underground fortress. Not quite an undercity, but it would beat the desert sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas is Warchief. She can stick her people wherever she wants.

I was thinking it’d be an especially dick move to send all her people to Thunder Bluff. Stick the blight production there to piss off Baine. Lock the tauren into conflict with the Alliance. Make the place a military target that the Alliance might actually feel morally grey about.

Of course, there’s a whole half of Silvermoon that’s waiting for resettlement, but that’s stuck behind BC instancing and redevelopment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepsAtDay View Post
    Of course, there’s a whole half of Silvermoon that’s waiting for resettlement, but that’s stuck behind BC instancing and redevelopment.
    At this point lor'themar's going to be focused on protecting eversong and silvermoon from the alliance coming to invade it given whats happened, it be suicide to turn ghostlands into a forsaken land given the borders will have to be manned and prepped for war.
    #boycottchina

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I'd say they should move down to Garrosh's underground fortress. Not quite an undercity, but it would beat the desert sun.
    I wish the Mag'har Orcs moved there and used it as a hub, instead of taking the stronghold at Valley of Honor.

It would be very fitting.

They should go about rebuilding Theramore Isle in the image of the Forsaken.

Deleted
    but all of tirisfal glades being lost to the forsaken.
    False. They still control Deathknell, Calston Estate and The Bulwark.

that there will be no forsaken towns left with the city lost
    False again. There are pockets of Forsaken resistance throughout Lordaeron. For example, Forsaken apothecaries have taken over Shadowfang Keep and are using it as a production centre for Blight. Forsaken troops have also conquered the Ruins of Alterac, and are attempting to enslave the spirits of Dun Garok. The Forsaken are also trying to rebuild the ruins of Southshore and Durnholde Keep, and are engaged in a constant battle against Alliance forces for control of Fenris Isle.

As you can see, the Forsaken's dominion of Lordaeron is far from shattered, which makes Golden Boy look like even more of a short-sighted fool.
    Last edited by mmoc724fed31b9; 2018-08-10 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post

False again. There are pockets of Forsaken resistance throughout Lordaeron. For example, Forsaken apothecaries have taken over Shadowfang Keep and are using it as a production centre for Blight. Forsaken troops have also conquered the Ruins of Alterac, and are attempting to enslave the spirits of Dun Garok.
    Where is this mentioned? Quite curious.

But does Syl really want a homeland for forsaken? She has made it clear that she would kill her own people if need be (multiple times), the question is why would she go through so much hassle to grant them a new place and whats the gurantee she wont ruin that place too in another confilct.

Seeing what she did to the Undercity, no other horde faction would be comfortable having her in their place, dreading the same outcome. Also two leaders cant rule one city.

Would be interesting to see where they finally go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Where is this mentioned? Quite curious.
    In the short descriptions for Mission Table Quests for Battle for Azeroth. It is similiar to the Order Hall missions system, and the writers are using them to update us on the state of Lordaeron/Kalimdor after the pre-expansion event.

For example, in Kalimdor, most Horde forces are pushed out of Darkshore and Ashenvale after the Burning of Teldrassil, and the Alliance even estabilished a foothold on Durotar from which they plan their attack on Orgrimmar. So even the war in Kalimdor is not as onesided as you might think.

Ultimately, it is clear that the writers dropped that initial idea of "Kalimdor for the Horde" and "Eastern Kingdoms for the Alliance".
    Last edited by mmoc724fed31b9; 2018-08-10 at 02:01 PM.

Ultimately, it is clear that the writers dropped that initial idea of "Kalimdor for the Horde" and "Eastern Kingdoms for the Alliance".
    Except they said that Warfronts will have clear winners and losers. Considering the first two are Arathi and (99% confirmed) Barrens, which I very much doubt will be won by the people from the other continent, I think by the end of the expansion they will have the refugees settled on both sides and actually are going for a mostly Horde Kalimdor and Alliance EK.

Especially considering there are rumblings of Gilneas coming back in importance. Worgen move back there sheltering the Night Elves as a role reversal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    At this point lor'themar's going to be focused on protecting eversong and silvermoon from the alliance coming to invade it given whats happened, it be suicide to turn ghostlands into a forsaken land given the borders will have to be manned and prepped for war.
    There's not even so much as a hint that the Alliance will target Silvermoon after losing Lordaeron. Besides the obvious georgraphical advantage they have at the tip of the continent, the Blood Elves also have their arcane sheild they can empower to protect the city (which even The Lich King could not penetrate), and then most obviously there are two massive zones between the nearest Alliance occupied zone and Quel'Thalas that are still overrun by the Scourge to contend with first. One cannot imagine Anduin even dreaming of committing a force to plough through these zones, especially with the heavy losses only just recently suffered at Lordaeron - they would need time to regenrate and build up from scratch, then fight through two massive zones overrun by the Undead, and then still have enough left to take on Silvermoon as well, and even then to only attack on a single front. In other words, I think it's safe to say Lor'Themar does not have to concern himself with an imminent invasion from the Alliance despite their now obvious isolation from the rest of Kalimdor.

I agree though, if the Alliance would have to through the Ghostlands then it would clearly be no more appropriate for the Forsaken either. I think it's entirely plausible that they could relocate to Ragefire Chasm as other people have suggested - from a purely aesthetic point of view, it would mark of a return to the familiar theme of Forsaken living underground, while strategically they are based deep beneath the Horde's stronghold capital, and going on what we saw in Seige of Orgrimmar it is an absolutely immense space that could easily second as an appropriate replacement for Undercity. Furthermore, symbolically it also brings the races of the Horde that much closer together, especially with the Mag'har Orcs moving in in the near future.

Of course, it's all speculation for now and none of us know what Blizzard are thinking. But being as they create these storylines at least a year in advance, I think we have to assume they will have also considered (and thus already prepared) what it will mean for the Forsaken and will give them a suitable new home.

For now we just gotta wait and see...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Except they said that Warfronts will have clear winners and losers. Considering the first two are Arathi and (99% confirmed) Barrens, which I very much doubt will be won by the people from the other continent, I think by the end of the expansion they will have the refugees settled on both sides and actually are going for a mostly Horde Kalimdor and Alliance EK.

Especially considering there are rumblings of Gilneas coming back in importance. Worgen move back there sheltering the Night Elves as a role reversal.
    If they want to give Kalimdor to the Horde and the Eastern Kingdoms to the Alliance, then the Azuremyst Isles and Quel'thalas will have to be updated, there is no middle ground (too bad that the writers said at Blizzcon 2017 that they are "safe").

I just don't see how that could happen? And even if the entire Alliance (even the Draenei) are driven away from Kalimdor, the Horde still wouldn't control the entire continent, because there would be zones (Winterspring, Uldum, Tanaris, Un'goro Crater, Ahn'qiraj, Felwood and Hyjal) that are devoid of any meaningful Horde presence.

The same goes for the Alliance. Even if, by miracle, they conquer all of Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, they still have no meaningful presence in Stranglethorn Vale, Deepwind Pass, Duskwood, the Eastern Plaguelands, the Blasted Lands and the Twilight Highlands. So, again, their claim over the entire Eastern Kingdoms would be questioned by the neutral forces that inhabit these zones.

night elves also have places all across eastern kingdoms, where those dream portal trees are located like duskwood or hinterlands. And of course they have val'sharah.
    THEY have none of that. The druids have those places. A druid location is not automatically a Night Elf settlement. Most of the locations are controlled by the Cenarian Circle, who are neutral.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Hm, I think there have already been a few good thoughts on this in the thread.
    The remaining swamp around Theramore may be able to sustain them, if they..... terraform ... it a little more. I'm not sure if Theramore itself can be resettled, as there still seems to be Manabomb-fallout floating around. Not sure if that would do any harm in the long term.
    They can surely take some of Felwood, maybe they need to make another effort of driving the remaining demons out.
    And yea, Ragefire underneath Orgrimmar. Though I'm quite sure the orcs would have a look at what they are doing down there regularly.^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I guess that makes sense, however gotta remember the scourge still exist there, bolvar the lich king still rules over them, so how he would feel having the forsaken relocate there, given how much of a bastard he was in the deathknight campaign in legion, is anyones guess.
    You could even argue he'd have a reaction to hearing how the horde attacked teldrassil, but I think he's long abandoned his faction loyalty by now.
    Conversely, Bolvar might welcome the Forsaken into Northrend with open arms - all proverbial smiles and handshakes. And that would probably not be a good thing, for them or for us.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted

False again. There are pockets of Forsaken resistance throughout Lordaeron. For example, Forsaken apothecaries have taken over Shadowfang Keep and are using it as a production centre for Blight. Forsaken troops have also conquered the Ruins of Alterac, and are attempting to enslave the spirits of Dun Garok. The Forsaken are also trying to rebuild the ruins of Southshore and Durnholde Keep, and are engaged in a constant battle against Alliance forces for control of Fenris Isle.

As you can see, the Forsaken's dominion of Lordaeron is far from shattered, which makes Golden Boy look like even more of a short-sighted fool.

they don't. what you see there is pure gameplay. scarlets are also there in scarlet monastery although in canon they are all wiped out.
    the forsaken have lost tirisfal entirely. its in alliance hands. mission table says it. they only have some bases here in there in hillsbrad and silverpine. but they are going to lose these too.

im sure by the end of the expansion the alliance will have almost completely lordaeron under control. and kalmidor will become almost 100% horde

- - - Updated - - -

If they want to give Kalimdor to the Horde and the Eastern Kingdoms to the Alliance, then the Azuremyst Isles and Quel'thalas will have to be updated, there is no middle ground (too bad that the writers said at Blizzcon 2017 that they are "safe").

I just don't see how that could happen? And even if the entire Alliance (even the Draenei) are driven away from Kalimdor, the Horde still wouldn't control the entire continent, because there would be zones (Winterspring, Uldum, Tanaris, Un'goro Crater, Ahn'qiraj, Felwood and Hyjal) that are devoid of any meaningful Horde presence.

The same goes for the Alliance. Even if, by miracle, they conquer all of Lordaeron and Quel'thalas, they still have no meaningful presence in Stranglethorn Vale, Deepwind Pass, Duskwood, the Eastern Plaguelands, the Blasted Lands and the Twilight Highlands. So, again, their claim over the entire Eastern Kingdoms would be questioned by the neutral forces that inhabit these zones.
    they will give everything to the horde in kalmidor except azuremist. same for ek and silvermoon.

there is no way alliance is going to lose arathi warfront. you think they updated stromgarde after so many years to destroy it again? lol
    stromgarde + gilneas + calia are more than enough proof that by the end of the expansion alliance will control everything except quell thalas