Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean, she wouldn't, but do you think the rest of the Horde (other than the Forsaken) would attempt to stop them with force? The Orcs might challenge them to some duels and try to convince them that their bond was important, the trolls might reminisce and try to win them over, and the Goblins would just ask what the profit in it would be.

If it came down to the Forsaken on their lonesome attacking the Tauren to try to force them to stay, I don't think the rest of the Horde would stand by and let that happen. The Tauren are one of the 'three Founders' after all.
    I wouldn't have thought that the rest of the Horde would be fine subjecting civilians to one of the most horrific deaths possible, i.e. burning them alive.
    I wouldn't have thought that the rest of the Horde would be fine using the plague on their own soldiers (or using it at all) and to then ressurect the bodies.
    Why would this case be any different? Why would an orc hesitate killing 'traitors', but at the same time be fine with their brothers being killed by their warchief and their bodies desecrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    That is assuming Sylvanas would allow them to leave in any capacity. She killed her own people just on the off-chance that they might want to leave the Horde, what makes you think she would allow someone with Alliance ties and a huge city in the middle of Kalimdor to just leave?
    The tauren could just straight up ditch Thunder Bluff.

I mean, they’d lose some lovely scenery and the world’s coolest totem pole, but it’s not like the tauren have war machines or castles. They’re nomadic. They live in tents in every continent of Azeroth. It’d be really easy to pack up, find someplace nice, and wait for the whole war to just blow over.

My personal pick would be Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    the blood elves will never switch to alliance
    I would say the same for the Forsaken (especially now, obv). But the origin of their loyalty to the Horde is the weakest imo. Where the Orcs, Trolls, and Tauren would die to save or maintain the Horde, the Blood Elves and Forsaken would have had an easier time deciding to go their own way.

Of course, now we have a World War, and there are no neutral parties anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Right, but I'm less asking if the former class order folks agree with this, and more asking whether the sources of their power do. The elements no longer heed Thrall.
    I know. Just adding to your list. Like tauren most species and classes have a certain code/history in the WoW world space. And in lore tauren indeed ( like you said) should not follow the Horde because of this.

And my class bit was more like you said: Elune would not support this. And i think more class orders would not.

DK's are against forced ressing etc, sylvannas actions hurt the planet big time and nature to..so druids and shamans should not be happy etc.

And for their sources of power. The ones that have. ( ingame wise it will not change). But lore wise yeah, the elements, the druids base leaders like cenarion etc would be against all of this nature and planet destroying BS.

The light...yeah...do not think it supports death and deaht bringers.

Elune indeed would not support this.

Hell i think Odin would not agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Hunters are necromancers aswell then?

They keep reviving dead pets to do their bidding aswell
    Willfully being ignorant here? You are conflating game mechanics with lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like Elune was around to bail them out of trouble. If she all day sudden "abandoned" them it would just be business as usual.

Here's to hope Elune can see through that and isn't that quick to make judgements.

As much as I hate it, Baine is bound to serve the Warchief unquestioningly through the oath he pledged while joining the Horde. If he breaks it, he will be named a traitor and killed. What good the tauren can offer to Elune when they are dead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SleepsAtDay View Post
    The tauren could just straight up ditch Thunder Bluff.

I mean, they’d lose some lovely scenery and the world’s coolest totem pole
    ... and their ancestral grounds. Maybe they aren't as much spiritual as orcs or trolls, but they still are. I doubt leaving behind their ancestors would be easy for them.