Trying to decide a new main

Hi guys, I'm trying to decide my new main for BFA. I'm strictly a casual and spend most of my time playing random BGs, dungeons, and sometimes 2v2 with an IRL friend.

Here are some qualities I look for in a class (all of this is in the context of a random BG, no particular order)

1. Can have large impact on outcome of random BG (not necessarily in damage)
    2. Can stand their ground in 1v1s
    3. Has utility for teammates
    4. Can harass or lock down enemy healers
    5. Low dependence on a friendly healer
    6. Is not actually a healer or tank

Besides a rogue, are there other classes that fit the above criteria?

Deleted
    Moonkin? They look pretty insane at the moment in bg's.

Deleted
    Rogue for melee and frost mage for caster.

Sorry didn't read the last sentence. If you don't want rogue then Feral is a good choice too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter

/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter feels like garbage. Haven't played the last 2 expacs but jesus I have barely any buttons to press compared to before, they've gutted abilities.

I have my eyes on DKs, survival hunters, and boomkin/feral. I've played a lot of mage and rogue in the past that I've lost interest in those classes for the most part.

I really like druid utility and cyclones/roots, but I'm unsure about boomkin's ability to 1v1 any melee atm.
    I've never played the revamped survival but they look like they maintained a lot of their utility.
    DKs also appear to just be good at harassing a single-target. Not much experience with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter and druid without a doubt.

Survival hunters have solid off CC with traps and a stun and you also possess a fair amount of roots/snares/a knockback that can help delay high priority targets getting to fights. They also have a pet and stealth which make for great objective defending and stealing as well as solid utility in the form of a freedom, AoE 90% sprint, and a 30% heal over 5-6 sec you can use on allies that also clears their bleeds, poisons, and diseases. They also have a mortal strike effect which reduces healing taken which is surprisingly helpful in BGs when you're trying to kill a priority target.

Feral and balance druids also posses solid CC in the form of low CD stuns, roots, incap/cyclone, and a disarm for boomkin. They too have an AoE sprint, solid-off heals, and stealth which allows for solid objective control and solo play.

Comparatively DKs don't really have much. They have a stun, a grip, ranged snare, ranged interrupt, which all make for great pick off potential but keep in mind their mobility and escape potential is very limited.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2018-08-15 at 12:20 AM.

Same as always. Frost mage, rogue, druid. Balance, balance never changes.