Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I don't really see the comparison between the Burning of Teldrassil and the red wedding. Nothing took me off guard. It was a pretty horrific event but nothing in it happened that I didn't already expect would happen.

The Broken Shore was more of the WoW version of that. The green wedding. Seeing Varian & Tirion die like they were nothing and the Alliance & Horde just barely getting away. That was a huge shocker.

The Battle For Lordaeron did remind me of a mix of Hardhome and The Wildfire stuff though.
    " think back to the internet the evening after the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones aired. How many people were like, "I'm done with this. I'm never watching this show again! I don't understand how they could do this?" It's because they just watched something they had an emotional investment in struck down before their eyes "

He's comparing the emotional response of those who watched and how players reacted to this whole story. He's not comparing it story wise to the red wedding, why can't people read and understand this. No wonder things are shit for writers when people see ONE word and doesn't read the whole sentence before lashing out.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    How many game directors stepped down before Ion got the position? He wasn't first pick for a reason.
    None. Ion took over Chilton's job, that Chilton filled since WoW was in alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    " think back to the internet the evening after the Red Wedding episode of Game of Thrones aired. How many people were like, "I'm done with this. I'm never watching this show again! I don't understand how they could do this?" It's because they just watched something they had an emotional investment in struck down before their eyes "

He's comparing the emotional response of those who watched and how players reacted to this whole story. He's not comparing it story wise to the red wedding, why can't people read and understand this. No wonder things are shit for writers when people see ONE word and doesn't read the whole sentence before lashing out.
    If he seriously thinks that good story is only about triggering emotions then he is nothing more than a dumb troll.
    "To the ordinary, we are unknowable. Fallen, corrupted; rightly feared. You cannot understand our origins, our motives. The dawning realization, that we are not fallen... we are ascended!"

According to some people if Gamon farted and destroyed every capital city in the game that would be good story telling because it got an emotional response from the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I swear Bitcoin miners are the new vegans/crossfitters/vapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    The red wedding is an upsetting scene, but they were murdered by "villains". And that's exactly what people are complaining about, they portray Sylvanas as a villain instead of a faction leader.
    Villains can be leaders too! See pretty much every dictatorship, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If he seriously thinks that good story is only about triggering emotions then he is nothing more than a dumb troll.
    I would agree with that, but that is the curse of Game Of Thrones. People thinking GoTs way of telling stories works everywhere. The Last Jedi being the perfect example, having each big moment having a "twist" moment to it.